MadonnaNation.com Forums
Iconic Fetus

Official topic: M14 - Next album (2058?) Rumors and info

I have a feeling she ll do an album based on a ground breaking edgy EDM & African sounds fusion. I know a lot of people think EDM is over but I think it only stopped to evolve. 

Music had become homogeneous and quite a big bore I must say. It's all so stalled. I think that didn't help Madonna either; she took her inspirations from a tricky place and didn't always pay off. I sense this time she's on the right path. 

:IMG_1564:❤️:inlove::brenspin:

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

O M G!!! 

My favorite ever!!! 

:beret: :drama: :beret:

🎵Portuguese life [Portuguese life]
I live the Portuguese dream [Portuguese dream]
You are the best thing I've seen
You are not just a dream [Portuguese life]🎵

Love it ! :lol:

4 hours ago, M_Sinner said:

Holly molly:blink: I have always liked him more than Orbit

tumblr_mk8746w9cC1ql5yr7o1_400.gif

I’m so happy that they collaborated back in the day!

Like Mirwais a bit better than Orbit too.

orbit is amazing but what made ROL so good is the songwriting and melodies.. so M and patrick leonard

william is mostly production.

3 hours ago, Nikki said:

orbit is amazing but what made ROL so good is the songwriting and melodies.. so M and patrick leonard

william is mostly production.

THIS

4 hours ago, Pedro said:

O M G!!! 

My favorite ever!!! 

:beret: :drama: :beret:

🎵Portuguese life [Portuguese life]
I live the Portuguese dream [Portuguese dream]
You are the best thing I've seen
You are not just a dream [Portuguese life]🎵

🎵I'm drinking a Port wine
I get a double shot
It goes right through my body
And you know I'm satisfied
I drive my old caravel
And I'm feeling super-dooper
Yo they tell I'm a navigator
And you know I'm satisfied
I eat codfish and sardines
And the room is full of hotties
So I'm checking out the bodies
And you know I'm satisfied🎵

To continue...
:IMG_1564:

@Rock  :headbang: :headbang:

It would logical for Mirwais to return because he spent the last 10 years trying to mix african and oriental music with occidental pop and electronica, in his interviews during these years he said that it was his goal to mix the two but by doing something else than world music. He thinks mixing the two in a new way would tackle racism. 

There was a rumour Madonna, Mirwais and Zap Mama collaborated around the recording of Music. I think he's the right guy for that. 

YES for Mirwais :inlove: (if she works with him again?), sounds like the perfect time to go back to him now she is living in Europe again + she said she wanted a more acoustic sound this time around (AL Part2?). Also interesting was that M played so many of there songs together during TOAC! :queenbitch:

5 minutes ago, rebelheart said:

YES for Mirwais :inlove: (if she works with him again?), sounds like the perfect time to go back to him now she is living in Europe again + she said she wanted a more acoustic sound this time around (AL Part2?). Also interesting was that M played so many of there songs together during TOAC! :queenbitch:

I loved the work she did with Mirwais but going back for a third album with him I think would be too much.

Im all for brand new blood on number 14!

7 minutes ago, Confessit said:

I loved the work she did with Mirwais but going back for a third album with him I think would be too much.

Im all for brand new blood on number 14!

She doesn't have to do a full album with him, maybe half? But I'd still prefer a full album with one producer like Mirwais then another album like MDNA/RH with around 10 producers!

17 minutes ago, rebelheart said:

She doesn't have to do a full album with him, maybe half? But I'd still prefer a full album with one producer like Mirwais then another album like MDNA/RH with around 10 producers!

I agree with too many people on board in overly extends finishing time and I'm really hoping she releases in quarter 4 of the year again as that's where the sales are!

But I think Mirwais would be a revisit of what's she's already recorded.

1 hour ago, Roland Barthes said:

It would logical for Mirwais to return because he spent the last 10 years trying to mix african and oriental music with occidental pop and electronica, in his interviews during these years he said that it was his goal to mix the two but by doing something else than world music. He thinks mixing the two in a new way would tackle racism. 

There was a rumour Madonna, Mirwais and Zap Mama collaborated around the recording of Music. I think he's the right guy for that. 

:inlove:

this sounds amazing

1 hour ago, Roland Barthes said:

32 minutes ago, Nikki said:

:inlove:

this sounds amazing

IKR!!! 

I just redownloaded his and Y.A.S. albums 

After the return of William Orbit I must say I'm a little apprehensive about the idea of  her retuning to another producer......but then again I think that was just a badly managed situation. 

Mirwais did say he'd put out new music by the end of the year. I'd love her to contribute at least a new song like Paradise to his new album......why does she never do stuff like that!!

6 hours ago, Pedro said:

I just redownloaded his and Y.A.S. albums 

the y.a.s. album is one of my favorite albums ever. if he and M would do something similar like this it would be heaven! 

8 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

@Roland Barthes and @MeakMaker - you might be right about the Afro influence; definitely a lot of African influences in dance right now (and I'm not just saying that because I'm in South Africa right now!). Though, the likes of UK dance outfit Faze Action have been Afro-centric for years, so it's a sound/trend that's been bubbling under for decades, really. Time for Madonna to make it overground.

I am positive Mirwais' skills have evolved and improved since he last worked with Madonna. 

The latest video on her IG account singing Between The Bars gives me life and hope.

A full album of those raw vocals, piano and acoustic guitar, organic instruments and african/eastern tribal drumming with Mirwais at the helm.

Let there be electronica but let it be to support the organic real instruments, no more EDM for a while please.

YES !

2 hours ago, humanracin said:

The latest video on her IG account singing Between The Bars gives me life and hope.

A full album of those raw vocals, piano and acoustic guitar, organic instruments and african/eastern tribal drumming with Mirwais at the helm.

Let there be electronica but let it be to support the organic real instruments, no more EDM for a while please.

YES !

As someone who grew up in the disco and house music eras, I have always detested the term EDM -- it just sounds soulless and faddy. 

Electonic music is varied and splintered. Madonna needs to create without worrying about what is in or what the kids are up to. Organic in the sense that creativity has no bounds or dictates.

2 hours ago, Rebel Heartbreaker said:

As someone who grew up in the disco and house music eras, I have always detested the term EDM -- it just sounds soulless and faddy. 

Electonic music is varied and splintered. Madonna needs to create without worrying about what is in or what the kids are up to. Organic in the sense that creativity has no bounds or dictates.

Me too. It's some Americanism that seemed to come through in the late nineties when they didn't quite get it even though they were producing the best house music! 

On 08/11/2017 at 3:14 PM, Nikki said:

M followed Mirwais on instagram ;)

Fuck yes. :brenspin:

And Mirwais can also be somebody she turns to for a few tips on which producer would be perfect for her today. He's the one who brought Stuart Price to her attention before the Drowned World tour.

I don't compare him to Orbit because Orbit was really in a weird place when they did MDNA (his public rants...the not so great collabs with chris Brown & Britney...)