MadonnaNation.com Forums
Mattress

EROTICA 25 - The Silver SEXiversary Thread (#MadonnaErotica25)

madonna is very old school. which i respect. discover her music. it was a sign of the times. 

the main thing i respect about her is that i dont really think she HAD to promote herself. the work really did speak for itself. and people say she was not attractive. but come one, obviously she is. during erotica she really honed in on her beauty. people really were just truly jealous. and for gods sake, sex and sexuality is a huge part of us. this era was all about it and it was her first major backlash. how....twisted.

i close my eyes and smile like she does in her hammock during the making of SEx.

What a marvel. xo

9 hours ago, erotica blu said:

So grateful to have been born in the early 80s so I could enjoy the early 90s with the best possible version of nostalgia.

Yess Bytch, u know it!

I've said it before, but this era alone should b studied in media/communication and sociology courses.

The biggest backlash in pop culture history by male dominated media corporations aimed at ONE WOMAN.

31 minutes ago, acko said:

I've said it before, but this era alone should b studied in media/communication and sociology courses.

The biggest backlash in pop culture history by male dominated media corporations aimed at ONE WOMAN.

Yes. The amount of hate thrown at Madonna during this era was staggering. I don't know how the stars of today would have dealt with a quarter of the controversy and abuse thrown at her. 

Madonna stood firm as she always does and Erotica has stood the test of time magnificently.  Magnificent album, videos and imagery all combined. 

2 hours ago, Shane said:

Seems like everyone but her is doing deluxe reissues. Tori Amos, Fleetwood Mac, Stevie Nicks, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Garbage, U2, Shawn Colvin, Live, Stone Temple Pilots.  The list goes on and on.  Her back catalog as we've all said is handled so poorly it's a sin.

Erotica could be her most important album.  In addition to its groundbreaking themes and diverse musical styles, the imagery was amazing, the videos exquisite, and music is exceptional.  Pop melodies hang out with beats of all kinds, great vocals and fantastic lyrics.

I agree

I can't belive it's been 25 years. feeling so old:-)  it is still one of her best. and yes I still remember how hostile and mean people were to her. u could buy a "the I hate Madonna- handbook"! I discovered the album for me again some weeks ago.

how could I forget how amazin "waiting" is!!

it was a hard time to be a madonnafan because I always felt the need to defend her. fucking idiots! and now 25 years later she is still here.

Edited by Timpeltu

Madonna really showed how strong of a person she is by not getting sidetracked by the hate & backlash. 

I want it 2 b have banners on iTunes, just 4 the sake of it. I can't stand the idea that it will go unnoticed.

Somebody call Glenn Close.

C U L T album if you ask me. And still very underrated 25 years later. :inlove:

1 hour ago, acko said:

I want it 2 b have banners on iTunes, just 4 the sake of it. I can't stand the idea that it will go unnoticed.

Somebody call Glenn Close.

Yes, it is Glenn's favourite album ! 

It's THE Era of any female performer.  

My favorite Madonna era EVER. The album was genius. The images were genius. The video's were genus. The tour was beyond genius.   End of. 

🔥

Its better than LAP and ROL..

Deserved Album of the year Grammy.

Erotica Madonna

Hands up if you wrote that with the squiggly album font all over your school note books like I did!?

After Like a Prayer and Ray of Light it's her best work to date.

It was massively overshadowed by SEX, but I can't imagine that era without the book.

Erotica
Fever
Bye Bye Baby
Deeper And Deeper 
Where Life Begins
Bad Girl
Waiting
Thief Of Hearts
Words
Rain
Why's It So Hard
In This Life
Did You Do It?
Secret Garden

13 hours ago, acko said:

When other fans were jumping ship....I found her to be more intriguing....I mean who else would pose totally naked at the height of their career...it really piqued my interest in her....was at the Bookstore and Music store the days of releases...But she  got a raw deal....if Meryl Streep had done an S&M movie, she'd been handed another Oscar nomination!

I think the Erotica era was a result of the JML debacle and how she was treated 

I remember watching the Nightline interview about the video....you could see her wheels turning....she went all out with E, S & BOE