MadonnaNation.com Forums
XXL

Madonna in 1986 "I want to be near people"

XXL    0

While rereading the Madonna BDAY Thread I was inspired by this @peppermint  post and it reminded me of this quote from Madonna's second encounter with Molly Meldrum

This is what I find fascinating about her, here you have the most famous woman in the world never missing the opportunity to go out..to see the sights she wants to see in the country she is in very well knowing there will be like 200 people around her. She could stay inside, confined to her room and hide...but no, she goes out there into the world not giving a shit. I personally think this is what kept her sain all these years!!

The whole reason I got into this business is because I want to be near people and I want to communicate with people. I don't want a separation, I don't want to hide from people and that's why it upsets me when I can't walk around the streets because the paparazzi bother me, I like to be around people, I want to be approachable, I want people to see that I am a human being with the same faults and the same problems and the same fears, I don't want to be this super elusive ethereal being you can't really get to

I don't want that kind of mystery because I don't think that's real and I think people grow tired of having to second guess you and they grow tired of feeling like you don't really want to have anything to do with them as people. I don't think I'm better than anybody else

:inlove:  :inlove:  

02:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LKbb_E25vY

hqdefault.jpg

anastaza    0

❤️❤️❤️

Pedro    0

Well that's why the first two rows at her concerts are super expensive VIP packages.  :chuckle::naughty:

wash    0
On 9/11/2017 at 11:35 AM, XXL said:

@peppermint

The whole reason I got into this business is because I want to be near people and I want to communicate with people. I don't want a separation, I don't want to hide from people and that's why it upsets me when I can't walk around the streets because the paparazzi bother me, I like to be around people, I want to be approachable, I want people to see that I am a human being with the same faults and the same problems and the same fears, I don't want to be this super elusive ethereal being you can't really get to

I don't want that kind of mystery because I don't think that's real and I think people grow tired of having to second guess you and they grow tired of feeling like you don't really want to have anything to do with them as people. I don't think I'm better than anybody else

they say that if you want to know someone you must listen to what they say about themselves and then turn it into the opposite

..i just did it, i think it works! LOL ...especially the last sentence :-)

XXL    0
On ‎11‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 8:23 PM, IsaacHarris said:

The People's Queen 👑 

Yes :inlove:

XXL    0
On ‎13‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 4:46 AM, Pedro said:

Well that's why the first two rows at her concerts are super expensive VIP packages.  :chuckle::naughty:

I don't think one thing has got anything to do with the other :laugh: Nobody ever faults U2, Bruce Springsteen, the RS for their equally expensive tickets. It comes from having mantained a certain level of fame for 30/40/50 years. It's like those saying footballers make too much money, it's about the interest football generates among the public, everything else stems off of that notion and it's proportionate to it or "what the market will bear"

I don't see a contradiction between that 1986 statement and how Madonna has subsequently chosen to live her life, an affluent lifestyle for sure but never an over the top, unreasonable one. No $400,000 spent on dog manicure and similar idiocies. Lourdes attended a public school in NY (a state school for our UK friends) which is VERY uncommon for the offspring of billionaire people. And countless other examples one could bring up

"She could have checked in into a private gym in Switzerland, but she chose to jog in parks throughout Europe" a journalist in that 2001 There's Only One Madonna BBC docu (with Mel C, Kylie, Britney, Sinitta, Janet Street Porter and Kim Wilde) about the late 80s and early 90s scenes of common people and photographers chasing her on the streets of Paris, London, Madrid, Rome etc

When she started living in London part time in the mid/late 90s she took yoga classes and went to courses with other people and didn't demand any special treatment

I think that aspect of her personality and attitude is what Peppermint was acknowledging and commenting on in his birthday thread post about how Madonna planned and went through her holiday in Italy and it reminded me of that 86 interview :laugh:

Obviously she's a multi millionaire and she's not going to stay at some three star hotel but it's the modus operandi in general that for someone of her fame and means calibre surprises you :gent:

Pedro    0
5 hours ago, XXL said:

I don't think one thing has got anything to do with the other :laugh: Nobody ever faults U2, Bruce Springsteen, the RS for their equally expensive tickets. It comes from having mantained a certain level of fame for 30/40/50 years. It's like those saying footballers make too much money, it's about the interest football generates among the public, everything else stems off of that notion and it's proportionate to it or "what the market will bear"

I don't see a contradiction between that 1986 statement and how Madonna has subsequently chosen to live her life, an affluent lifestyle for sure but never an over the top, unreasonable one. No $400,000 spent on dog manicure and similar idiocies. Lourdes attended a public school in NY (a state school for our UK friends) which is VERY uncommon for the offspring of billionaire people. And countless other examples one could bring up

"She could have checked in into a private gym in Switzerland, but she chose to jog in parks throughout Europe" a journalist in that 2001 There's Only One Madonna BBC docu (with Mel C, Kylie, Britney, Sinitta, Janet Street Porter and Kim Wilde) about the late 80s and early 90s scenes of common people and photographers chasing her on the streets of Paris, London, Madrid, Rome etc

When she started living in London part time in the mid/late 90s she took yoga classes and went to courses with other people and didn't demand any special treatment

I think that aspect of her personality and attitude is what Peppermint was acknowledging and commenting on in his birthday thread post about how Madonna planned and went through her holiday in Italy and it reminded me of that 86 interview :laugh:

Obviously she's a multi millionaire and she's not going to stay at some three star hotel but it's the modus operandi in general that for someone of her fame and means calibre surprises you :gent:

@XXL

Well it was just a simple joke  😜😜😜 

I've never cared about how much she charges and I as long as I'm able to do I will always try to get within the first rows in her concerts as the energy, interaction and connection is complete different level. 

And I agree with all you are saying.  :thumbsup:

XXL    0
On ‎20‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 1:36 PM, Pedro said:

@XXL

Well it was just a simple joke  😜😜😜 

I've never cared about how much she charges and I as long as I'm able to do I will always try to get within the first rows in her concerts as the energy, interaction and connection is complete different level. 

And I agree with all you are saying.  :thumbsup:

:laugh::thumbsup: