MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Suedehead

The Portugal Album : official thread

I don't know any names of Portugal music. 

But my two cents: I don't want it to be Portuguese obvious. I mean, it's like going to the Alps and release a Tirol album. She can get inspired, enjoy the beat, have some rythym here and there... But If the album becomes a big fat Puka Luka Lele or whatever was the name of those zingar gypsies she had in the S&S, I will go to Portugal personally to leak all the steams and demos. 

17 minutes ago, karbatal said:

I don't know any names of Portugal music. 

But my two cents: I don't want it to be Portuguese obvious. I mean, it's like going to the Alps and release a Tirol album. She can get inspired, enjoy the beat, have some rythym here and there... But If the album becomes a big fat Puka Luka Lele or whatever was the name of those zingar gypsies she had in the S&S, I will go to Portugal personally to leak all the steams and demos. 

This. 

Why is it official? Have people in the know confirmed she's actually started to work on a new album? 

Just now, MeakMaker said:

This. 

Why is it official? Have people in the know confirmed she's actually started to work on a new album? 

I hope that doesn't happen actually.

I'd rather her just drop new music on the world rather than lots of sharing info mainly to lock down on the new stuff from leaking!

19 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

This. 

Well she herself mentioned new music, could be film or album related... 

the idea sounds nice, but even if she started making music heavily inspired by the Portuguese music and culture, by the time the album is finished, the songs will evolve into something else

Edited by functions_X

She's a pop artist. All of her albums have been pop, or at least pop/dance, oriented at their core. I really doubt the entire album will be Portugese music. I think it's obvious there could be some influences and I bet the next tour will have a section inspired by her new geography (and probably also some Puglia). I'd love to see shades of world music, but I don't think she's going to go that far off script. If she does, it will definitely be a career changing moment.

She's a sponge,  She will definitely pick up influences from the Portuguese scene,  and own it (make it her own way). 

I hope she changes her sound. I can't imagine Madonna's last albums in her life being all, you know, like, Nikki Minaj and Justin Timberlake. 

7 hours ago, functions_X said:

the idea sounds nice, but even if she started making music heavily inspired by the Portuguese music and culture, by the time the album is finished, the songs will evolve into something else

👍🏻👍🏻

the best way to create is to follow ur muse, no matter what. Once done, s tep away and revisit with fresh ears .  that could mean anything for someone who is constantly inspired

i always wished she would do a world album with different languages. side project. 

3 hours ago, Starman said:

At least the gypsy/fado portuguese tour section is already confirmed

This is what is more likely to happen, she will do the new album with certain sound, but she will put some fado in the tour like the Kalakan trio or Gogol Bordello.

She could take that guy with her to do one or two songs in the tour.

3 hours ago, ULIZOS said:

I hope she changes her sound. I can't imagine Madonna's last albums in her life being all, you know, like, Nikki Minaj and Justin Timberlake. 

Iam expecting for the chainsmokers and another minaj track for 2019 :fear: 

2 hours ago, tuckeye said:

i always wished she would do a world album with different languages. side project. 

Maybe traditional music from certain cultures, combined with more contemporary beats. 

I could see her doing fado inspired songs ( deeply romantic, tragic and emotional) fused with electronics, chill out and ambient. I could see her doing music in the veins of Bebel Gilberto - a Brazilian but the bosa nova she does would be perfect for M.

6 hours ago, Flip The Switch said:

I want a full album in Portuguese language. :wow:

:lmao: Billboard #1 here we come.

10 hours ago, ULIZOS said:

This! I'd take a very literal Portuguese album any day over another random DJ of the hour collaboration. And all the ones who moan about her going into folklore will end up praising the album as the Second Coming. 

With all due respect of course 😊but shes not going to make a bloody Portugese album. I doubt she will even record it in Portugal, get off the crack pipe you lot!!! I think everyone is reading a bit too much into it. I believe she will use this time to get inspired and write some lyrics and once this fucking film is done, she will come home to America when David is out of football season and record an album.

15 hours ago, Nightshade said:

She's a pop artist. All of her albums have been pop, or at least pop/dance, oriented at their core. I really doubt the entire album will be Portugese music. I think it's obvious there could be some influences and I bet the next tour will have a section inspired by her new geography (and probably also some Puglia). I'd love to see shades of world music, but I don't think she's going to go that far off script. If she does, it will definitely be a career changing moment.

Madonna has always been great at incorporating elements of world music, yet still making it pop.

14 hours ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

Madonna has always been great at incorporating elements of world music, yet still making it pop.

I know that. "Shanti/Ashtangi" is a prime example. However, Ray of Light was not 12 songs like "Shanti/Ashtangi". Like I said, there will be shades of world music, but a full-on fado album is unlikely unless she's planning to wind up her career as a pop artist.

A little outside influence here and there can work wonders. Many fado songs have beautiful, haunting melodies. 

The only song close to a Portuguese song I know is "Portuguese Love" by Teena Marie from back in the day...(which I wouldn't object to it being along the same lines)

Antonio Zambujo,  Ana Moura. Marisa... Portuguese music is beautiful!  And tbh,  I'd rather listen to a fado inspired song by M than another GGW /BIM kind of tune... so long as lyrics are not like Spanish Lesson though!