MadonnaNation.com Forums
Rebel Saviour

Madonna and Youtube! A messy situation that finally needs to be fixed!

The LAP video is now unblocked and available worldwide!!!!!! :inlove:

Yesssss and Yesss! This is a wonderful news! Hopefully all her videos will get unblocked.Now let's bring this masterpiece to 100 million views!:vogue:

Like A Prayer is available everywhere now guys! we won!

tenor.gif

I think she cares, she wouldn't have her own madonna account if she wouldn't care :smiles:

I think she cares but not as much.

Look at Icon and how that's gone. It's become one of the worst fanclubs.

Her website is not as good as it used to be either.

I can watch Music, Sorry, Borderline, Don't tell me, Crazy for you, Jump on the Warner Bros. channel now! Yesssssssss!:tigger:However, I won't consider this "battle" won until the rest of the videos become available worlwide, the views of the double uploads get merged, the "missing videos" , such as I"ll remember, Hollywood and Beautiful strangers, get uploaded and all her videos are finally available on her vevo channel. 

Finally! Thanks for the info! I'm rewatching it right now!! :)

Finally! Thanks for the info! I'm rewatching it right now!! :)

you're welcome!

and Erotica is now available too :clap:

you're welcome!

and Erotica is now available too :clap:

Yeaaah! we're winning!! :)

next step is to get them properly fully remastered in for 8k viewing we will be future proof for 15 years!!!

Almost her whole videography is unblocked now!:tigger:I can watch Lucky star, express yourself, rain, take a bow, you'll see too! Thanks Madonna and Guy! Now we need Material girl, this used to be my playground, Human nature, I want you, Love don't live here anymore, evita  videos, Drowned world-Substitute for love, Beautiful stranger, Die another day, Hollywood to have an official upload! I want Hey you video too:lol:. Holiday deserves an official upload as well. What about the iconic solid  gold  performance? Moreover, If you can merge the views of double official uploads, it would be heaven! We are winning, it's marvellous.:confessions:  I had almost given up! Now let's bring all her unblocked videos to at least 10 million views.

OMGGGGGGGG 

I can't believe we won.

:clap:

Warner deleted the biggest views stealer "La isla bonita" uploaded by Queen Madonna hd.Yes, it had 87 million views, but it was a crappy distorted version.Watch the official warner Bros version at 28 million views now.

Things that her youtube team needs to do: Unblock everybody, cherish, get togheter, miles away. Upload an HQ version of the following videos on her channel: material girl (right now!), an Holiday upload (Solid gold performance would be perfect), Gambler, Dress you up, Who's that girl, the look of love, this used to be my playground,  Fever,  Human nature, I want you, Love don't live here anymore, evita videos, Drowned world substitute for love,Beautiful stranger, American pie, Die another day, get togheter (european version), Hey you (yes:lol:)Celebration fan version. The double official uploads bother me. She needs one upload for each video:on Warner bros record channel her videos don't get enough exposure: merge the views or use the video with more views on her own channel or on madonnavevo where her videos would get the best exposure and put them in chronological order from Everybody to BIM. Plus, we need an hq celebration video.

Music artists, especially the older ones, didn't always have full rights on their videos because it didn't bring enough royalties as compared to radio airplay. Back in the 80s, videos were promotional material, not revenue per se. Madonna has full control on the audio masters and it made her VERY rich, but not on the video masters. It's probably a total mess about who owns what and who'd fight for her entire video catalog to be on YouTube. Same goes with MJ, Janet, Kylie... Not even talking about Bowie and Prince. Warner has always been very strict about it and they'd rather try and sell video tapes and DVDs than release videos on YouTube.

Moreover, it is very well known that YouTube pays much less than other streaming services (Tidal and Apple music being the most generous), so the idea of going all YouTube is not always a very good business plan.

Unlike contemporary pop stars who will fight for any kind of exposure, M doesn't need it, her music gets played anyway, her shows sell out anyway and she doesn't need to break views on YouTube to prove anything to her public or her bank account.

Edited by discohub

Yes, she needs them. 

We live in the digital era and the immaculate videography of the biggest female popstar of all time has to be uploaded on YouTube aka the biggest video sharing platform in the world.

End of.

6 minutes ago, Orion said:

Yes, she needs them. 

We live in the digital era and the immaculate videography of the biggest female popstar of all time has to be uploaded on YouTube aka the biggest video sharing platform in the world.

End of.

She makes more money selling the videos every once in a while in boxsets or whatever commercial product. Never forget she is one of the smartest business women in the industry.

And once again, it's not hers only to decide.

2 minutes ago, discohub said:

She makes more money selling the videos every once in a while in boxsets or whatever commercial product. Never forget she is one of the smartest business women in the industry.

And once again, it's not hers only to decide.

This whole thread isn't about earning money though. It's about the fact that YouTube views are regarded as currency of relevance nowadays. Yes Madonna personally couldn't care less, but this chaotic video and channel splitting doesn't do her justice.

6 minutes ago, Lolo said:

This whole thread isn't about earning money though. It's about the fact that YouTube views are regarded as currency of relevance nowadays. Yes Madonna personally couldn't care less, but this chaotic video and channel splitting doesn't do her justice.

Well, that's because you believe that YouTube is the alpha and the omega of the digital age but it isn't. Websites come and go. 10 years ago, people were angry that only 5 tracks of hers were on Myspace.

Relevance? M is relevant no matter the medium.

And I really don't think that a carefully edited YouTube channel would make her more popular or whatever, people go on YouTube for Shakira and Selena Gomez videos.

Edited by discohub

^ Yeah sure, that's what I believe in the church of YouTube...

You must be even older than I am, talking about selling videos as boxsets and stuff. :blink:

3 minutes ago, Lolo said:

^ Yeah sure, that's what I believe in the church of YouTube...

You must be even older than I am, talking about selling videos as boxsets and stuff. :blink:

Maybe.

M is older than all of us and we still have to learn from her, not the other way round 😜

47 minutes ago, Lolo said:

This whole thread isn't about earning money though. It's about the fact that YouTuvideosbe views are regarded as currency of relevance nowadays. Yes Madonna personally couldn't care less, but this chaotic video and channel splitting doesn't do her justice.

This. Madonna's videography needs the exposure it deserves. Lot of things changed for the best regarding her videos on youtube and vevo after our complaints, so she clearly cares. She can easily reach an agreement with Warner to merge the views of double uploads.