MadonnaNation.com Forums
Rebel Saviour

Madonna and Youtube! A messy situation that finally needs to be fixed!

2 hours ago, Robin said:

about to time!!! she just needs them in higher quality (at least for todays standards 4k) i feel it throws off some people when they see it in 360p vhs quality. 

Agree that ALL her videos should be on YT in highest quality. 

Some other artists I enjoy have s**t copies of their music videos posted. It makes it frustrating to watch & listen. 

9 hours ago, discohub said:

Music artists, especially the older ones, didn't always have full rights on their videos because it didn't bring enough royalties as compared to radio airplay. Back in the 80s, videos were promotional material, not revenue per se. Madonna has full control on the audio masters and it made her VERY rich, but not on the video masters. It's probably a total mess about who owns what and who'd fight for her entire video catalog to be on YouTube. Same goes with MJ, Janet, Kylie... Not even talking about Bowie and Prince. Warner has always been very strict about it and they'd rather try and sell video tapes and DVDs than release videos on YouTube.

Didn't Boy Toy Inc co-produce most, if not all of her videos? Not sure exactly when she started the company...The Virgin Tour home-video credits Boy Toy inc so it goes way back

EDIT:

From  Randy Taraborrelli's book

Screenshot_2017-05-16-02-14-59-1.png

24 minutes ago, Gus said:

Didn't Boy Toy Inc co-produce most, if not all of her videos? Not sure exactly when she started the company...The Virgin Tour home-video credits Boy Toy inc so it goes way back

EDIT:

From  Randy Taraborrelli's book

Screenshot_2017-05-16-02-14-59-1.png

I don't know. Boy Toy manages her music royalties so they'll be around pretty much anything she releases with her music on it.

There is a (c) Boy Toy Inc on the 93 99 video collection cover, but it doesn't mean Boy Toy is the owner, they might have licensed the videos for the release. Boy Toy is not mentioned on the Celebration video cover.

"Promotional" music videos and tour videos are two very different things, production-wise. She produces her own shows, we know there is a vault somewhere with her every single gigs.

39 minutes ago, discohub said:

I don't know. Boy Toy manages her music royalties so they'll be around pretty much anything she releases with her music on it.

There is a (c) Boy Toy Inc on the 93 99 video collection cover, but it doesn't mean Boy Toy is the owner, they might have licensed the videos for the release. Boy Toy is not mentioned on the Celebration video cover.

"Promotional" music videos and tour videos are two very different things, production-wise. She produces her own shows, we know there is a vault somewhere with her every single gigs.

It's Siren films(former Slutco), according to the book excerp i posted, production company for films&videos.

Also the Boy Toy inc logo appears at the end of all of her videos as far as i remember...

Videos used to be sort of paid by the artists back then as far as i remember, using the money the record company gave them in advance...Madonna talked a bit about that here

@13:10

This is where her videos can be found on YouTube, such a mess...

some major videos are still missing an official release

madonna

• Burning Up
  • Lucky Star
  • Like a Virgin
  • Crazy For You
  • Live To Tell
  • Papa Dont Preach
  • True Blue
  • Open Your Heart
  • La Isla Bonita
  • Like a Prayer
  • Express Yourself
  • Dear Jessie
  • Oh Father
  • Vogue
  • Justify My Love
  • Deeper And Deeper
  • Bad Girl
  • Rain
  • Secret
  • Take a Bow
  • Bedtime Story
  • You'll See
  • Frozen
  • Ray of Light
  • The Power of Good-bye
  • Nothing Really Matters
  • Don't Tell Me
  • What it Feels Like for a Girl
  • American Life (flags)
  • Love Profusion
  • Hung Up
  • Sorry
  • 4 Minutes
  • Give it 2 Me
  • Celebration
  • Give Me All Your Luvin
  • Girl Gone Wild

MADONNAVEVO

• Girl Gone Wild
  • Turn Up The Radio
  • Living For Love
  • Ghosttown
  • Bitch I'm Madonna

Warner Bros. Records

• Borderline
  • Burning Up
  • Material Girl
  • Dress You Up
  • La Isla Bonita
  • Like a Prayer
  • Erotica
  • Deeper And Deeper
  • Bedtime Story
  • I Want You
  • Nothing Really Matters
  • Music
  • Hung Up
  • Sorry
  • Jump

Warner Music Germany

• Into The Groove

Videos published by private users

• Gambler
  • Cherish
  • This Used To Be My Playground
  • Fever
  • Beautiful Stranger
  • American Pie
  • Hollywood
  • Die Another Day

Missing

• i'll remember
  • American Life (original)
  • Get Together

M has such an impressive videography. She has some of the best video clips ever filmed by any pop star. Such a shame her YouTube situation is messy. 

Disappointing to read because Madonna & her fans deserve so much better!

13 minutes ago, Nick said:

Disappointing to read because Madonna & her fans deserve so much better!

All her videos should be found on one channel, in 1080p (or higher), and preferably in chronological order.

I would also love to see all her iconic live performance on award shows and promo stints she's done throughout the year on thta same channel. 

They all need to be seen and enjoyed by the gp.

9 hours ago, wash said:

Missing

• i'll remember
  • American Life (original)
  • Get Together

Get Together is available here, it's the music video directed by Eugene Riecansky and available on Celebration. The video directed by Logan is missing though.

Get Togehter and Cherish are only available in certain countries, god knows why... they are not available here in ireland anyway, so i didnt add them to the list of official releases

I always found this strange because most of her videos were on her own channel. I don't know why videos would be randomly blocked in other countries either. Fortunately she's been working on the situation.

20 hours ago, Flip The Switch said:

Entering to this thread is depressing. Really awful how her legacy is managed. 

Agreed.

Id rather they sort her YouTube presence out once and for all rather than her videos getting played/used on slot machines in Vegas.

At the moment it's all about the $$$ but I think the future it won't be and she will look to preserving her legacy.

I think the reason why Madonna herself doesn't "care" about her legacy is because she thinks that it would be a sign that her past work has become more important than her current work.

She always insists that her new project, whatever it may be, is her favorite and best one yet (I'm paraphrasing) and I've always felt this was just her being overprotective of her current standing in the industry, as opposed to the legendary status that she has, based on her previous work.

She must be aware that her biggest songs and albums from the past will always be rated better than her newest work, so I think she's trying to disregard her legacy for as long as she can. I think once she starts taking care of her older works, she might fear that it will be interpreted as a sign that she has "given up" and admitted defeat. Of curse, this isn't what it would mean to the fans or the general public, but I suspect she sees it that way.

36 minutes ago, functions_X said:

I think the reason why Madonna herself doesn't "care" about her legacy is because she thinks that it would be a sign that her past work has become more important than her current work.

She always insists that her new project, whatever it may be, is her favorite and best one yet (I'm paraphrasing) and I've always felt this was just her being overprotective of her current standing in the industry, as opposed to the legendary status that she has, based on her previous work.

She must be aware that her biggest songs and albums from the past will always be rated better than her newest work, so I think she's trying to disregard her legacy for as long as she can. I think once she starts taking care of her older works, she might fear that it will be interpreted as a sign that she has "given up" and admitted defeat. Of curse, this isn't what it would mean to the fans or the general public, but I suspect she sees it that way.

Yes that's why the Rebel Heart Tour was so full of old songs. 

There are many possible fixes for this mess. I know things have improved a little recently, I hope that continues. 

I think it would be really cool if something was put in place that allows fans to take part in championing her legacy. Some kind of way for us to be the official curators of past chapters of her story. While she takes care of the present one. I don't know how that would be possible but it would be nice. 

Again. .she can easily reach an agreement with Warner so she can have all her Warner videos uploaded once on YouTube at least on her Madonna channel with views merged for double uploads.  I am really tired of this mess and of these cuntish Warner channels having her vidoes blocked....They keep on sabotaging her and shitting on her legacy! 

The Human nature video has been just uploaded on the Warner bros. Channel:wow:. Again her videos should be uploaded only once on her channel, but at least now this gem is on Youtube in an official form. Hopefully other missing Madonna's videos will be uploaded soon.

2 minutes ago, Rebel Saviour said:

The Human nature video has been just uploaded on the Warner bros. Channel:wow:. Again her videos should be uploaded only once on her channel, but at least now this gem is on Youtube in an official form. Hopefully other missing Madonna's videos will be uploaded soon.

:thumbsup: Rebel Saviour, we will not rest until they are all there ! 

1 minute ago, Jazzy Jan said:

:thumbsup: Rebel Saviour, we will not rest until they are all there ! 

:thumbsup:Let's keep the fighting spirit! 

Funny how they just upload madonna videos randomly like that! 

40 minutes ago, spotlight said:

Funny how they just upload Madonna videos randomly like that!  

I think they are probably pissed at fan uploads having more views than their official videos.  I mean, what do they expect with half of her videos unavailable in many countries for years and again Madonna has an official channel not related to Vevo on Youtube:let the woman have all her Warner era videos uploaded once at least there, for God's sake!

here it is in all it’s 480p glory. 

Too bad it wasn’t uploaded in HD.

2 minutes ago, spotlight said:

here it is in all it’s 480p glory. 

Too bad it wasn’t uploaded in HD.

Almost the same quality of the Rita's fan upload....:wacko:

4 minutes ago, Rebel Saviour said:

Almost the same quality of the Rita's fan upload....:wacko:

Will Rita’s upload of HN be taken down soon? What do u think? She has over 4 million views