MadonnaNation.com Forums
Rebel Saviour

Madonna and Youtube! A messy situation that finally needs to be fixed!

I know this is an old problem and some of you don't like Vevo , but since she (or her team) reads here, I think it's time they finally realize that the messy state of her videography  on Youtube needs to be fixed RIGHT NOW. Every other freaking artist out there has a channel (vevo or not) where all their videos are accessible. When it comes to Madonna: she has a vevo channel with just 16 videos that she released after leaving Warner (no problem here). When it comes to her golden videography from 1982 to 2008 the mess begins: the double uploads of the videos (Warner and Madonna channel, it's meaningless and hurtful for the views), the low quality of some of her videos (Celebration quality is tragic), some videos are blocked (thank god la isla bonita was recently unblocked), other like Who's that girl, This used to be my playground and Human nature never had any kind of official upload.  some fan uploads having more views thant the official ones (la isla bonita being the most tragic example)..:banghead:On her Madonna channel she doesn't have a playlist that features all her Warner videos on the main page....It's a fucking shame. People needs to be exposed to her videography in a proper way! 

Solutions: Ideal: transfer all your videos on Madonnavevo  channel keeping the old views and adding them (or at least delete the double video with less views). Other possible options: Create a Madonna videos playlist on your channel featuring your pre-interscope videos or create another brand new madonna official videos channel where you can transfer all your videos in hq quality. Just one official video, not stupid double videos. 

Please Madonna, do something....:wacko:

But she said she went to Youtube after MJ had died... wouldn't she realise her catalogue was not even on the same channel back then? And I'm talking about 2009, just before the release of Celebration.

5 minutes ago, mafalda said:

But she said she went to Youtube after MJ had died... wouldn't she realise her catalogue was not even on the same channel back then? And I'm talking about 2009, just before the release of Celebration.

2009 is when her videos were re-uploaded after they were retired from Warner in 2008 for its legal drama with Youtube and when the actual messy situation of  the double uploads started...It would be nice if she puts everything in order before the release of the dvd. I can't accept for example the fact that Mimi Scarey has more views than her with her shitty videography (with the exception of few videos). I am sorry.:lmao:

Madonna can do nothing about this (not that she would if she can lol). Blame it on Warner. 

the "into the groove video" (fanmade from the DSS bluray remaster) looks great!!! i wished all her vids looked great blame WB . Warner bros i hate you .

tumblr_m8k6ky5zAR1qb5hnqo1_500.gif

Sorry but she (and Guy/Warner/Whatever) doesn't care. Why should we? It's her legacy, not mine. She's clearly more interested in Instagram. 

Who's That Girl is terrible quality, last time I checked.

7 hours ago, loowee said:

Madonna can do nothing about this (not that she would if she can lol). Blame it on Warner. 

I blame it, but I think Madonna and Guy could do something if they want. They could easily reach an agreement with Warner or she could buy the rights for her videos and do whatever she wants with them. She can make more "visible" her videos on the main page of her Madonna channel, creating a Madonna's videos playlist for example etc..

Agree with everything you're saying.

Warner needs to do it....the greatest videography pop culture has ever seen needs to be treated properly.

17 hours ago, Rebel Saviour said:

I know this is an old problem and some of you don't like Vevo , but since she (or her team) reads here, I think it's time they finally realize that the messy state of her videography  on Youtube needs to be fixed RIGHT NOW. Every other freaking artist out there has a channel (vevo or not) where all their videos are accessible. When it comes to Madonna: she has a vevo channel with just 16 videos that she released after leaving Warner (no problem here). When it comes to her golden videography from 1982 to 2008 the mess begins: the double uploads of the videos (Warner and Madonna channel, it's meaningless and hurtful for the views), the low quality of some of her videos (Celebration quality is tragic), some videos are blocked (thank god la isla bonita was recently unblocked), other like Who's that girl, This used to be my playground and Human nature never had any kind of official upload.  some fan uploads having more views thant the official ones (la isla bonita being the most tragic example)..:banghead:On her Madonna channel she doesn't have a playlist that features all her Warner videos on the main page....It's a fucking shame. People needs to be exposed to her videography in a proper way! 

Solutions: Ideal: transfer all your videos on Madonnavevo  channel keeping the old views and adding them (or at least delete the double video with less views). Other possible options: Create a Madonna videos playlist on your channel featuring your pre-interscope videos or create another brand new madonna official videos channel where you can transfer all your videos in hq quality. Just one official video, not stupid double videos. 

Please Madonna, do something....:wacko:

As others say, I just dont think she cares. As a business Warner will for the sole reason they will make a decent income off of back catalogue tracks.  SO have to assume Madonna is still pissed at them and as someone who never looks back, just never will care.  DOnt get it but never expect anything from her Warner back catalogue.

Just now, Mattvoyager said:

As others say, I just dont think she cares. As a business Warner will for the sole reason they will make a decent income off of back catalogue tracks.  SO have to assume Madonna is still pissed at them and as someone who never looks back, just never will care.  DOnt get it but never expect anything from her Warner back catalogue.

I am not so sure about this. The La isla bonita warner and Madonna channel videos were finally unblocked and now are available worldwide  after she, her team or Warner realized that the Queen Madonna HD shitty version had more than 61 milion views and soon after we complained about it here in the youtube thread (in the charts section). I don't think it's a coincidence.:queenbitch:I think it's a good sign and proves they read here. If we complain more, they will probably do something for better...

oh btw. I love the new Madonna Official Videos channel, so many ppl comment on her videos, lots of young ppl from what I can tell and they are amazed by her 80s and 90s stuff, maybe this will win her new fans

2 minutes ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

oh btw. I love the new Madonna Official Videos channel, so many ppl comment on her videos, lots of young ppl from what I can tell and they are amazed by her 80s and 90s stuff, maybe this will win her new fans

I love that channel! the quality is excellent

Just now, Orion said:

I love that channel! the quality is excellent

yes, it is finally I can watch the WIFLFAG video online :lol:

and this for example wow!!

4 minutes ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

where can you find that? it is hidden under a rock or something?

Just now, dollhouse said:

where can you find that? it is hidden under a rock or something?

I don't know how to post channels here:

the name is: Madonna Official Videos

maybe it works if you type it into the search bar! ;) or your post was sarcastic, then I'd have to spank your arse