MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Suedehead

DIVA REWIND: Mylene Farmer - "Je te Dis Tout" Live Timeless 2013

I don't like her shows though except for the first one in 1989, they don't pass the test of time at all. And she's a terrible dancer from the Kylie Minogue school of dancing with your arms rather than your feet. 

She has such awkward...HAIR.

Wait, I thought Bad Girl was just a rumour? I don't mind it, haha.

Are there any good books on Mylene? I know there's one about her singles but I want something more substantial.

3 hours ago, Kim said:

She has such awkward...HAIR.

throughout her career it's been constantly bad 

Live in 96 (poor Donna de Lory, it must have been so easy for her to go from choreos made by Vincent Paterson to choreos made by Mylene herself. That hair :

2000. Bad hair

2006 even more bad hair

2009 a bit less bad but still bad nonetheless

Her anamorphosée album cover was shot by Herb Ritts, she then hired Donna de Lory on tour and abel Ferrara for her California video. Then she had Olivier Theyskens make a dress for her video "Je te rends ton amour" a whole year after Frozen , Michael Haussman (Take a bow, you'll see) directed "optimistique moi" . Gaultier did several costumes for various shows. 

And she got chipmunk cheeks a few years after M's. 

For years, I had heard the rumor that her shows were excellent. One day, i watched her show filmed in 2009 at the Stade de France and I was stunned by so much banality. Everything looked cheap. Kylie offers a much better show with a lot less money to produce it.

1 minute ago, Suedehead said:

Her Avant que Lombre finale a Bercy remains life itself though and don’t you forget it. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xtt0hWOIMzc

Oh yes. Paraphrasing somebody who posts or used to post here, it never ceases to "give me the cry". 💝

2 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

throughout her career it's been constantly bad 

Live in 96 (poor Donna de Lory, it must have been so easy for her to go from choreos made by Vincent Paterson to choreos made by Mylene herself. That hair :

Awww Donna! I'll give this bish her due, her live shows are filmed well. I mean this was 5 years before M's DWT and while that looks like it was filmed on some cheapo fullscreen camcorders, this looks like it was filmed yesterday. But yeah, the hair consistently looks like a range of really bad ginger wigs from a home shopping channel.

18 minutes ago, Suedehead said:

Her Avant que Lombre finale a Bercy remains life itself though and don’t you forget it. 

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, Martin B. said:

For years, I had heard the rumor that her shows were excellent. One day, i watched her show filmed in 2009 at the Stade de France and I was stunned by so much banality. Everything looked cheap. Kylie offers a much better show with a lot less money to produce it.

I think it's the other way. I think her staging and props are amazing but all she does is walk and do armography so it all falls a bit flat.

2009 in particular, I loved thos skeletons she had in the background, plus 2013's tacky robots

14 minutes ago, AlanLongoria said:

I think it's the other way. I think her staging and props are amazing but all she does is walk and do armography so it all falls a bit flat.

2009 in particular, I loved thos skeletons she had in the background, plus 2013's tacky robots

Granted, Kylie does not know how to move, but the tacky Las Vegas look of the rest of the show is quite entertaining and festive. Everything in the mylene show is flat. Not bad, but flat.

12 hours ago, Kim said:

REFUSING TO QUOTE A TRUMP GIF

Surely you can appreciate the curtain of rain, dramatic exit, sideways tilts and closure of the gate with audience dying for life!?!?!?! !

1 hour ago, Suedehead said:

Surely you can appreciate the curtain of rain, dramatic exit, sideways tilts and closure of the gate with audience dying for life!?!?!?! !

EDIT!

SHIKI-AH± !!!!! (SUEDEHEAD REMIX) 

tumblr_nkgrjfJxVO1rnb39bo1_r1_500.gif

45 minutes ago, Suedehead said:

Fixed :fag:

THIS ABUSE OF POWER WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!

17 hours ago, Martin B. said:

I'm not sure that Mylene, being popular in 1 big market only (plus Belgium and Russia), has a bigger budget than Kylie, who's had top 10 hits in the US and is able to tour 4 continents. With that being said, the strength of her catalogue trumps Kylie's plastic SAW pop anyday.

Mylene's stages are way more complex and expensive than Kylie's by miles...

She sucks at performing but the budget is there.

Ever since I watched "The Shape Of Water", this song is stuck inside my head:

Sign in to follow this