Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Crystal Coffin

"Score", the forgotten sister of "Give Me All Your Luvin'"

Recommended Posts

Pedro    0
11 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

"Revolution" is a solid 7/10 track. I put it on my Rebel Heart: The Unapologetic Session, track #18. 

:thumbsup: 

I have all the album versions in their original order, then the unreleased song demos according to subject (activism, Pharrell, etc) so my Rebel Heart Album ended with a 40+ wonderful and Long listening experience...  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Pedro said:

:thumbsup: 

I have all the album versions in their original order, then the unreleased song demos according to subject (activism, Pharrell, etc) so my Rebel Heart Album ended with a 40+ wonderful and Long listening experience...  

Pharrell as a SUBJECT, I love that!! :lol::grins::thumbsup: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kim    0
29 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

Don't know why people are so snooty about this track.....CLEARLY it's not a finished song.....just an idea that didn't really go further than this basic demo. See....this is why we she doesn't want us to hear her creative process from A to Z for an albums......people aren't able to contextualize things. 

LOL. I think most of us are adept at differentiating between a good demo and a bad demo. All demos are not created equally. This one has the distinct whiff of a Birthday Song type of vibe all over it (yes, some people love Birthday Song and good for them!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
karbatal    0
3 hours ago, Crystal Coffin said:

Actually, "Freedom" is worse. I wouldn't even call this a "song". 

 

I've always liked Freedom. Whenever i listen to it I picture Madonna there strumming her guitar while we all Madonnanation are in a circle and singing with her. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
karbatal    0
3 hours ago, Crystal Coffin said:

She has two songs titled "Freedom" and they are both utter shit. 

"Borrowed Time" is perhaps the only great save-the-world-Donna track. "Revolution" (from RH session as well) is okay. LOVE MAKES THE WORLD GO ROUND? HISTORY? HEY YOU? They can get fucked. 

Sorry, but History is so great!!!! I love it 

 

And Love Makes the Worl Go Round was one of my fav songs in my childhood. Even during the TIC times I still was jamming to LMTWGR hahahaha. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Kim said:

LOL. I think most of us are adept at differentiating between a good demo and a bad demo. All demos are not created equally. This one has the distinct whiff of a Birthday Song type of vibe all over it (yes, some people love Birthday Song and good for them!)

"Gone, Gone, Gone" is a demo too and IT IS SUBLIME :wow: It even has a killer bridge. 

You're in too deep
You cannot keep
The promises you made
Our happiness was free
The end of love
The end of the dream

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MeakMaker    0
3 hours ago, Crystal Coffin said:

She has two songs titled "Freedom" and they are both utter shit. 

"Borrowed Time" is perhaps the only great save-the-world-Donna track. "Revolution" (from RH session as well) is okay. LOVE MAKES THE WORLD GO ROUND? HISTORY? HEY YOU? They can get fucked. 

What?!? How can you speak with so much contempt about the true essence of Madonna? These tracks are the fruit of her own belief. They might not be her best technically but lyrically and text wise they're bearing her soul. Haven't you read her latest People magazine interview? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luluthecat    0
2 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

Don't know why people are so snooty about this track.....CLEARLY it's not a finished song.....just an idea that didn't really go further than this basic demo. See....this is why we she doesn't want us to hear her creative process from A to Z for an albums......people aren't able to contextualize things. 

...don't forget she also has some incredible early demos which we all love.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
runa    0
3 hours ago, Bill said:

I adore this song. :imsad:

I remember you were fan of that demo when it leaked.

And I was like: :provoke:

:lmao:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
runa    0
1 hour ago, Crystal Coffin said:

"Gone, Gone, Gone" is a demo too and IT IS SUBLIME :wow: It even has a killer bridge. 

You're in too deep
You cannot keep
The promises you made
Our happiness was free
The end of love
The end of the dream

Gone gone gone is one of my fav M song.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bill    0
14 minutes ago, runa said:

I remember you were fan of that demo when it leaked.

And I was like: :provoke:

:lmao:

:rotfl: I'm pretty sure I messaged you on Facebook crying about how amazing it was.  Literally crying.  You were like "it's really good!" :dead:  Thank you for being kind. :lmao: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
runa    0
Just now, Bill said:

:rotfl: I'm pretty sure I messaged you on Facebook crying about how amazing it was.  Literally crying.  You were like "it's really good!" :dead:  Thank you for being kind. :lmao: 

I never said "it's really good".  NEVER !! 

:dead:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
runa    0

I probably said "the lyrics are very tacky" :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s so dumb, how can this exist on the same level of lyrics that RH gave us? This belongs to the MDNA era and even the Pharrell tracks are better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MeakMaker said:

What?!? How can you speak with so much contempt about the true essence of Madonna? These tracks are the fruit of her own belief. They might not be her best technically but lyrically and text wise they're bearing her soul. Haven't you read her latest People magazine interview? 

:lmao: Philanthropy is philanthropy. Music is music. I prefer to separate the two. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bill    0
2 minutes ago, runa said:

I probably said "the lyrics are very tacky" :lol:

:lol:  Nope.  I was too excited, you didn't want to rain on my parade.  That's why you're my friend. :lmao: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
runa    0
6 minutes ago, Bill said:

:lol:  Nope.  I was too excited, you didn't want to rain on my parade.  That's why you're my friend. :lmao: 

I'm so kind.

Just really surprised you still love that song to this day, though :rotfl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tasteinmen    0
3 hours ago, Crystal Coffin said:

"Revolution" is a solid 7/10 track. I put it on my Rebel Heart: The Unapologetic Session, track #18. 

Can I see this Unapologetic Session track list?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, tasteinmen said:

Can I see this Unapologetic Session track list?

  1. "Rebel Heart" (Avicii) 
  2. "Living for Love" (demo, 4'13)
  3. "Wash All Over Me" (Avicii)
  4. "Tragic Girl"
  5. "Hold Tight" (demo 5 feat. MNEK, 4'45)
  6. "Take a Day"
  7. "Back That Up (Do It)" 
  8. "S.E.X." (demo)
  9. "Holy Water" (demo)
10. "Take It Back"
11. "Best Night" (demo, 3'47)
12. "Nothing Lasts Forever"
13. "Score"
14. "Two Steps Behind"
15. "Trust No Bitch"
16. "Alone With You"
17. "Make the Devil Pray" (acoustic demo of "Devil Pray", 3'36)
18. "Revolution"
19. "Graffiti Heart" (demo, 2'33)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tasteinmen    0
2 hours ago, Crystal Coffin said:

  1. "Rebel Heart" (Avicii) 
  2. "Living for Love" (demo, 4'13)
  3. "Wash All Over Me" (Avicii)
  4. "Tragic Girl"
  5. "Hold Tight" (demo 5 feat. MNEK, 4'45)
  6. "Take a Day"
  7. "Back That Up (Do It)" 
  8. "S.E.X." (demo)
  9. "Holy Water" (demo)
10. "Take It Back"
11. "Best Night" (demo, 3'47)
12. "Nothing Lasts Forever"
13. "Score"
14. "Two Steps Behind"
15. "Trust No Bitch"
16. "Alone With You"
17. "Make the Devil Pray" (acoustic demo of "Devil Pray", 3'36)
18. "Revolution"
19. "Graffiti Heart" (demo, 2'33)

Nice but... where's Never Let You Go???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, tasteinmen said:

Nice but... where's Never Let You Go???

Not a fan of that. I don't like "Heaven' too :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MeakMaker    0
3 hours ago, Crystal Coffin said:

:lmao: Philanthropy is philanthropy. Music is music. I prefer to separate the two. 

Music is art bitch. 😂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×