MadonnaNation.com Forums
Hector

Lady Gaga: Blames Madonna for her imaginary ailments and constant flopping

I thought that The Fame was meant to be some display of her hidden trauma laundry list, now that the rape and bulimia and addictions and whatever else have been retconned into her timeline before its release? Isn't that their excuse for why she dressed in all the gimmicky shit back then and is now her "real" Abercrombie & Fitch self? She has "healed" over time?

They can't keep their story straight.

gaga's version of Madonna in Canada during Blond Ambition Tour is being threatened with arrest while shopping for her own CDs at Wal-Mart. I just can't with this cunt.

21 minutes ago, Lucky Star One said:

KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!!! :scared:

It feels, um, reductive. Walking out into the press and screaming fans? The instant the trailer starts it's already copying Madonna's "Truth or Dare" trailer! :lmao:

Gaga had those fans planted and alerted the press ahead of time to create this contrived scene. Madonna is a genuine superstar legend who effortlessly attracts crowds of fans and eager paparazzi wherever she goes.

17 minutes ago, Hector said:

It feels, um, reductive. Walking out into the press and screaming fans? The instant the trailer starts it's already copying Madonna's "Truth or Dare" trailer! :lmao:

Gaga had those fans planted and alerted the press ahead of time to create this contrived scene. Madonna is a genuine superstar legend who effortlessly attracts crowds of fans and eager paparazzi wherever she goes.

I could not believe that they would copy Truth Or Dare so closely. But it's so fake. If the critics don't call this out... :rant:

9 minutes ago, Lucky Star One said:

I could not believe that they would copy Truth Or Dare so closely. But it's so fake. If the critics don't call this out... :rant:

there's this co host on a perez hilton podcast who saw gaga countless of times/is a "rock" fan who worked at MTV and says how good the trailers look and all that shit. you'd think rock fans of all people would see through it. especially knowing her history. i thought they wanted the truth

She'll never have a Truth or Dare. And her fanbase will never b us. Let's rejoice.

Hopefully it's only on the US Netflix so I don't have to see the thing plastered across the opening page - I'm assuming she'll go heavy on the advertising?

Im looking forward to seeing the clips about how much she hates her fans though, those I'll be posting on repeat! :headbang:

IMG_3839.JPG

8 minutes ago, acko said:

She'll never have a Truth or Dare. And her fanbase will never b us. Let's rejoice.

:tigger:

Compare it to Katy's little doc if you want, but not Madonna's world wide cinema masterpiece realise, please!

I remember queuing up to get in to see Truth or Dare and I was so nervous I wouldn't get in because I was too young. I got in and I was AMAZED! :inlove:

I actually know a lot about her.

- Most of this is from someone in Gaga's very close professional inner-circle. Believe me or not, it's a 100% true. She truly is obsessed with Madonna. -

Gaga spends every moment she can on her computer, surfing the internet. She has hundreds of folders on several hard drives that contain pictures, videos and references from all kinds of other artists. Of course, Madonna is in there. A ton. She collects more Madonna pictures than professional outtake traders. Gaga has studied Madonna very well and she was encouraged to do so by Vincent Herbert and Jimmy Iovine from Interscope Records. While prepping for the release of her first album, they told her to read-up on Madonna biographies and conduct herself in a "Madonna manner". That was a huge part of their strategy in launching her.

Fun story: they also wanted her blonde for the first album, guess who inspired that? Interscope paid for the dye job at the salon. She was honey blonde at first, as seen in the first promo pictures for her album, but she ruined her own hair by not using the right toning shampoo and conditioner they gave her. Her hair turned urine yellow while she was already doing press for her debut. She also had a spray tan obsession back then and her tramp stamp tattoo wasn't covered up yet, which caused her to be secretly laughed at by people at the label for looking like "a Jersey stripper". She desperately needed a touch up and had one of her friends tell her that platinum blonde would be a good idea, it'd be more "distinct".

The second dye job was a MAJOR disaster, her hair was literally fried and she had to shoot a music video days later. So she got a wig. The wig wasn't a Beyonce level wig that looked great and it also kept shifting and that's why a little while later she had her real hair braided and a platinum blonde weave installed. It was paid for by herself from her publishing advance because the label didn't want to be stuck with a second huge bill for her hair. They had already invested a lot in her and budget was running out. If you freeze the Poker Face video, you can see the brown roots of the braids when her weave flips behind her head during the "couch scene". She grew her hair out for months underneath the weave and then alternated between loads of extensions and wigs from there on. With her new weave, she also got her own photographer, to re-shoot her album booklet. The original honey blonde hair and "party girl" styling was entirely replaced for an avant-garde look styled by her friend Matthew, who also told her to watch Paris Is Burning and told her about Maison Margiela and other European high-fashion designers. None of that shit came from her, it was all Matthew. She did study hard and took every bit of information he gave her and spent days researching all the stuff he told her about. Thats how the avant-garde Gaga was born. Until then, her "style" was straight up stripper.

Her first professional biography (published on her website in early 2008 and sent out to press worldwide) was written by a writer who works for Rolling Stone. It literally states that Gaga was a "modern-day Madonna". 

In one of her first interviews she talks about Interscope heads getting her in a LA studio with RedOne and she says "I felt like Madonna in 1985. This is huge."

7:49

She thought she'd actually be "the new Madonna". And for a moment, it seemed to be happening. She was thrilled by the comparisons and when Madonna showed up in the audience with Lourdes at one of her early shows, she almost pissed herself backstage. After working with Jonas Akerlund and his wife, who is still close with Madonna to this day, Gaga really thought she was in on M's inner circle and was ecstatic. Guy Oseary was also on good terms with Gaga's manager and that's how the SNL collab and photo opp happened.

Things took a turn when Gaga "loaned" Steven Klein (who had never even shot a music video until then, except for Madonna's tour backdrops) and several Madonna references for the Alejandro video. Gaga consciously borrowed from Madonna, as she did before, but thought her friendly personal relationship with Madonna would excuse her. Madonna was made aware of it but wasted no time on it.

Then Born This Way happened and Gaga truly, I know this from someone close to her, was surprised at the Express Yourself criticism. She claimed she had "no idea" and it irked her so much because she truly thought she had reinvented the wheel. When Madonna did the "reductive" interview, Gaga CRIED. She truly saw Madonna as her "hero".

It escalated from there. Afterwards she was also LIVID when she found out one of her wardrobe assistants also assisted on Madonna's Turn Up The Radio video. She demanded "loyalty".

See... The sad thing is, she TRULY believes what she's saying in that Netflix documentary about Madonna. She feels like her hero "toyed with her".

She has a huge victim complex and is deeply, deeply insecure. The person I know in her team told me she's often crying in her hotel rooms. Backstage. On planes. Everywhere. She was helped by her parents for sure but did work hard to become a star. But once she got stardom, she could not keep up with it. That's where her true "pain" stems from. She may claim childhood bullies or dead aunts now because she does know that it makes her "relatable", but her true sadness is the fact she achieved stardom but lost it in the blink of an eye because she couldn't cope and listened to yes-people around her. After blaming everyone but herself (aka the artpop days where most of her team quit) she is now trying to crawl back up the ladder. 

060.png

gags has to look at the full interview, see the real total context and realize quickly that M is really being complimentary. reductive wasnt bad. it was a joke. she talked about the media comparing btw and ey. that's what cynthia asked her. 

31 minutes ago, jojuun said:

I actually know a lot about her.

- Most of this is from someone in Gaga's very close professional inner-circle. Believe me or not, it's a 100% true. She truly is obsessed with Madonna. -

Gaga spends every moment she can on her computer, surfing the internet. She has hundreds of folders on several hard drives that contain pictures, videos and references from all kinds of other artists. Of course, Madonna is in there. A ton. She collects more Madonna pictures than professional outtake traders. Gaga has studied Madonna very well and she was encouraged to do so by Vincent Herbert and Jimmy Iovine from Interscope Records. While prepping for the release of her first album, they told her to read-up on Madonna biographies and conduct herself in a "Madonna manner". That was a huge part of their strategy in launching her.

Fun story: they also wanted her blonde for the first album, guess who inspired that? Interscope paid for the dye job at the salon. She was honey blonde at first, as seen in the first promo pictures for her album, but she ruined her own hair by not using the right toning shampoo and conditioner they gave her. Her hair turned urine yellow while she was already doing press for her debut. She also had a spray tan obsession back then and her tramp stamp tattoo wasn't covered up yet, which caused her to be secretly laughed at by people at the label for looking like "a Jersey stripper". She desperately needed a touch up and had one of her friends tell her that platinum blonde would be a good idea, it'd be more "distinct".

The second dye job was a MAJOR disaster, her hair was literally fried and she had to shoot a music video days later. So she got a wig. The wig wasn't a Beyonce level wig that looked great and it also kept shifting and that's why a little while later she had her real hair braided and a platinum blonde weave installed. It was paid for by herself from her publishing advance because the label didn't want to be stuck with a second huge bill for her hair. They had already invested a lot in her and budget was running out. If you freeze the Poker Face video, you can see the brown roots of the braids when her weave flips behind her head during the "couch scene". She grew her hair out for months underneath the weave and then alternated between loads of extensions and wigs from there on. With her new weave, she also got her own photographer, to re-shoot her album booklet. The original honey blonde hair and "party girl" styling was entirely replaced for an avant-garde look styled by her friend Matthew, who also told her to watch Paris Is Burning and told her about Maison Margiela and other European high-fashion designers. None of that shit came from her, it was all Matthew. She did study hard and took every bit of information he gave her and spent days researching all the stuff he told her about. Thats how the avant-garde Gaga was born. Until then, her "style" was straight up stripper.

Her first professional biography (published on her website in early 2008 and sent out to press worldwide) was written by a writer who works for Rolling Stone. It literally states that Gaga was a "modern-day Madonna". 

In one of her first interviews she talks about Interscope heads getting her in a LA studio with RedOne and she says "I felt like Madonna in 1985. This is huge."

7:49

She thought she'd actually be "the new Madonna". And for a moment, it seemed to be happening. She was thrilled by the comparisons and when Madonna showed up in the audience with Lourdes at one of her early shows, she almost pissed herself backstage. After working with Jonas Akerlund and his wife, who is still close with Madonna to this day, Gaga really thought she was in on M's inner circle and was ecstatic. Guy Oseary was also on good terms with Gaga's manager and that's how the SNL collab and photo opp happened.

Things took a turn when Gaga "loaned" Steven Klein (who had never even shot a music video until then, except for Madonna's tour backdrops) and several Madonna references for the Alejandro video. Gaga consciously borrowed from Madonna, as she did before, but thought her friendly personal relationship with Madonna would excuse her. Madonna was made aware of it but wasted no time on it.

Then Born This Way happened and Gaga truly, I know this from someone close to her, was surprised at the Express Yourself criticism. She claimed she had "no idea" and it irked her so much because she truly thought she had reinvented the wheel. When Madonna did the "reductive" interview, Gaga CRIED. She truly saw Madonna as her "hero".

It escalated from there. Afterwards she was also LIVID when she found out one of her wardrobe assistants also assisted on Madonna's Turn Up The Radio video. She demanded "loyalty".

See... The sad thing is, she TRULY believes what she's saying in that Netflix documentary about Madonna. She feels like her hero "toyed with her".

She has a huge victim complex and is deeply, deeply insecure. The person I know in her team told me she's often crying in her hotel rooms. Backstage. On planes. Everywhere. She was helped by her parents for sure but did work hard to become a star. But once she got stardom, she could not keep up with it. That's where her true "pain" stems from. She may claim childhood bullies or dead aunts now because she does know that it makes her "relatable", but her true sadness is the fact she achieved stardom but lost it in the blink of an eye because she couldn't cope and listened to yes-people around her. After blaming everyone but herself (aka the artpop days where most of her team quit) she is now trying to crawl back up the ladder. 

060.png

http://68.media.tumblr.com/ec9859e25e548ba9645266f3f6d50068/tumblr_inline_otz7g8EGVc1qf89pq_500.gif

Please tell me you got more...

2 minutes ago, Nikki said:

gags has to look at the full interview, see the real total context and realize quickly that M is really being complimentary. reductive wasnt bad. it was a joke. she talked about the media comparing btw and ey. that's what cynthia asked her. 

She cried!!!!!!! Can you imagine? At that time, Gaga was still huge.

Imagine being this big popstar with the biggest debut since Britney and CRYING because Madonna said ONE WORD in reference to your jacking her song, which you didn't even pick up on when writing it.

WHO CRIES???

When Cher called Madonna "vulgar" in the early days and they asked Madonna about it she said "Well... Who knows vulgarity better than Cher". AND A CUTE LITTLE FRIENDSHIP WAS BORN. Imagine Madonna crying about that.

Gaga is just not cut out for superstardom. I say that with no bad intentions. From what I've heard from several people, one particularly close to her, it's just too much.

Casual fame is her thing. Unless her attitude changes and they can completely overhaul her campy image, her 2009-11 peak will remain the highlight of her career. Or maybe she stumbles upon a big hit that temporarily resurrects her.

Especially outside of America, she has barely been in the limelight. Europe, once her biggest market (she toured it 5 times during her 3 year peak) hasn't been reminded of her at all in recent memory. :imsad:

FqLzrTH.png

21 minutes ago, VogueMusic said:

http://68.media.tumblr.com/ec9859e25e548ba9645266f3f6d50068/tumblr_inline_otz7g8EGVc1qf89pq_500.gif

Please tell me you got more...

It's actually kinda sad really.

She BELIEVES what she says. All the time. Even if she changes narratives constantly.

She DOES suffer from something. It might not be the post traumatic stress disorder she loves to claim but something is definitely "off".

A girl who took the moniker Lady Gaga, turned out to be actually "gaga".

The things is that the launching and the first album and re-release were truly good marketed. She seemed interesting and all that. But they scalated so FAST. She burned all the bridges in only one album. One look after another, one crazy thing after another... When she released BTW, with that egg and the absurd video, it was clear she simply couldn't keep up with the scalating. From then on, all has gone downhill.

I don't really blame her, it was her team. If they had been a bit more paused and all those crazy transformations had lasted 3 albums, it would have been interesting. And of course, if she had payed homage to Madonna and other artists, but in a sincere and respectful way, nobody would have minded. We are Madonna fans and we know why she did the Marilyn homage in Material Girl. Nobody thought she was stealing from Marilyn or Dietrich or Mae West, she simply found inspiration in old Hollywool. In Gaga's case, it was a direct atempt to throw Madonna down the bus and put Gaga instead. Clumsy and short-sighter. Sign of the times, I guess, because nowadays culture is incredibly clumsy and short-sighted. Instead of effort and hard work, they want direct results and instant gratification. 

And we only know one little part of this story, because it is not coincidence that the disastrous marketing and releasing strategies from Madonna started the second she was with Interscope and Gaga was launched. MDNA/RH have been a disastrous Interscope campaing. I am sure that there's something behind that. And it is not only Gaga. 

Can you really believe that Warner had accepted GMAYL as first single for a much anticipated album? That Masterpiece would be lost in the UK market even though it was getting so popular? That suddenly no radio plays Madonna? That a whole album leaks and nobody cares? Please... 

I would like to know, really know, what Madonna thinks. She's no stupid and maybe she knows this war is impossible to win unless she can get rid of Interescope. And instead of wasting her energies in that, she did what she could promoting RH and giving such good music. But she knows that happiness lies in her family and personal life. that's why I think she has kept quiet about it. 

But the second she's free from Interescope... THE WORLD WILL EXPLODE! 

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

The things is that the launching and the first album and re-release were truly good marketed. She seemed interesting and all that. But they scalated so FAST. She burned all the bridges in only one album. One look after another, one crazy thing after another... When she released BTW, with that egg and the absurd video, it was clear she simply couldn't keep up with the scalating. From then on, all has gone downhill.

I don't really blame her, it was her team. If they had been a bit more paused and all those crazy transformations had lasted 3 albums, it would have been interesting. And of course, if she had payed homage to Madonna and other artists, but in a sincere and respectful way, nobody would have minded. We are Madonna fans and we know why she did the Marilyn homage in Material Girl. Nobody thought she was stealing from Marilyn or Dietrich or Mae West, she simply found inspiration in old Hollywool. In Gaga's case, it was a direct atempt to throw Madonna down the bus and put Gaga instead. Clumsy and short-sighter. Sign of the times, I guess, because nowadays culture is incredibly clumsy and short-sighted. Instead of effort and hard work, they want direct results and instant gratification. 

And we only know one little part of this story, because it is not coincidence that the disastrous marketing and releasing strategies from Madonna started the second she was with Interscope and Gaga was launched. MDNA/RH have been a disastrous Interscope campaing. I am sure that there's something behind that. And it is not only Gaga. 

Can you really believe that Warner had accepted GMAYL as first single for a much anticipated album? That Masterpiece would be lost in the UK market even though it was getting so popular? That suddenly no radio plays Madonna? That a whole album leaks and nobody cares? Please... 

I would like to know, really know, what Madonna thinks. She's no stupid and maybe she knows this war is impossible to win unless she can get rid of Interescope. And instead of wasting her energies in that, she did what she could promoting RH and giving such good music. But she knows that happiness lies in her family and personal life. that's why I think she has kept quiet about it. 

But the second she's free from Interescope... THE WORLD WILL EXPLODE! 

Interscope is a very bad company, lately they had been promoting selena gomez like crazy because she is the new thing, they made Bad Liar a radio hit easily with radio deal, also the song with Kygo was released in early 2017 and it is still being played on the us radio. Of course interscope arrange the radio deals, they only care about who is the next young artist they should cash on, they lately even ditched gaga, her lead Perfect Delusion didn maanged to crack 40 mil audience impressions on US radio, then her second single Million repetitions was tanking on us radio until superbowl to like 10 mil audience impressions. They payed radio to play The Cure but the song left us radio before the middle of august... and lets not forget the disastrous radio promo for rebel heart singles, it was like radio stations waere playing them only due to request, like they was no real radio promo.

20 minutes ago, Jester said:

Interscope is a very bad company, lately they had been promoting selena gomez like crazy because she is the new thing, they made Bad Liar a radio hit easily with radio deal, also the song with Kygo was released in early 2017 and it is still being played on the us radio. Of course interscope arrange the radio deals, they only care about who is the next young artist they should cash on, they lately even ditched gaga, her lead Perfect Delusion didn maanged to crack 40 mil audience impressions on US radio, then her second single Million repetitions was tanking on us radio until superbowl to like 10 mil audience impressions. They payed radio to play The Cure but the song left us radio before the middle of august... and lets not forget the disastrous radio promo for rebel heart singles, it was like radio stations waere playing them only due to request, like they was no real radio promo.

Something is fishy there. Madonna was a far bigger powerful force in 2010 than Gaga was in 2016. And the push for Joanne has been a thousand times bigger than MDNA. 

Gaga clearly has a borderline personality disorder. Here are the symptoms:

https://www.psycom.net/depression.central.borderline.html

• Having an unstable or dysfunctional self-image or a distorted sense of self (how one feels about one’s self)
  • Feelings of isolation, boredom and emptiness
  • Difficulty feeling empathy for others
  • A history of unstable relationships that can change drastically from intense love and idealization to intense hate
  • A persistent fear of abandonment and rejection, including extreme emotional reactions to real and even perceived abandonment
  • Intense, highly changeable moods that can last for several days or for just a few hours
  • Strong feelings of anxiety, worry and depression
  • Impulsive, risky, self-destructive and dangerous behaviors, including reckless driving, drug or alcohol abuse and having unsafe sex
  • Hostility
  • Unstable career plans, goals and aspirations