MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KalamazooJay

WHY wasn't there 17th anniversary thread for MUSIC?

Celebrate this modern pop classic. 

Celebrate her last #1 in the Hot 100. 

Celebrate an infectious piece of perfection. 

Celebrate the video. 

Celecrate everything about MUSIC. 

This song is such a ball grabber. I'll never forget listening to this song over and over and over thinking "what the fuck IS this?" 

Lyrically simple with a layered, complex production that STILL sounds fresh today. This song further cemented Madonna as the ONLY pop star who knows how craft, create, and deliver pop music the way it's intended to be done. For her to release this nearly 20 years into her career is astounding. 

This song is everything. 

The album is everything.

MUSIC. IS. EVERYTHING  

Je5u5    0

We celebrate it every day. That's why.

:IMG_1564:

Jazzy Jan    0

What a song.  So different yet also appealed to the masses in a huge way.  Loved the domination it hard on the charts and it still sounds as exciting and unique today as it did then.   A Madonna classic that everyone knows. 

5 minutes ago, Je5u5 said:

We celebrate it every day. That's why.

:IMG_1564:

Celebrate it some more, honey. 💋

functions_X    0

I was shocked when it was released, it sounded to different... I remember the first thing that grabbed me was the last instrumental part of the song, that's the part I started liking the most right away, that siren sound

Nick    0

Appreciate the love for this unique single!

The video, official remixes, b-side & artwork also made it special...

Kurt420    0

I fell in love with the first leak of this song. I still love that version of the song! It sounded (and still sounds) so fresh and funky!! Agree....for her to do this so far into her career is indeed astounding! As much as I loved everything about ROL, it was so nice to have a Madonna single that (and I know we hear this often) went back to her roots. After she had been so "serious" for so long, I did wonder if we'd ever get a song like this from her again and boy did she ever deliver. This was the first (and really the last) time since I had been a die hard fan that she was literally on the radio ALL THE TIME......this song hung around FOREVER in the US.....and then DTM too.....Madonna was getting heavy airplay for a good year almost between those two songs. 

horn    0

I remember the article on Billboard was "The Sound of Music".... the most illegally downloaded song! :demonic: 

They even addressed her as "Artisan".

S.E.X.    0
5 hours ago, Gus said:

Fantastic era! 

madonna billboard september 16 2000 inside.png

madonna billboard september 16 2000.png

Was she pregnant in the pics above? I swear I can see a baby bump in those.

XXL    0
6 hours ago, IsaacHarris said:

Let's celebrate that GLORIOUS video & the outfit she had on:

tumblr_nzf3exiEPA1qzjr2jo3_r1_400.gif

tumblr_nzf3exiEPA1qzjr2jo1_r1_400.gif

PIMPdonna 4EVER :inlove:

:wow::bow:

Cannot believe it's been 17 years already. Just the Brixton and Roseland gigs would have made the era. But she gave us DTM with accompanying Mondino masterpiece, the Grammys performance, a kick ass remix and video for the third single, plus in Italy they had the Spanish version of it on radio and also Amazing as a fourth radio single, plus of course DWT where she picked up from where she had left off and gave us not just the Music album but a showcase of her two previously untoured studio albums. She's such an effortless QOL

XXL    0
1 hour ago, S.E.X. said:

Was she pregnant in the pics above? I swear I can see a baby bump in those.

Yes she was :laugh: and it suits her and those shoots amazingly. She was glowing pre, during and post pregnancy. Even the Music video shoot happened during the initial stages of her pregnancy.

Plus it's always struck me how barely a month after giving birth (her second child and at age 42, no mean feat) she was doing a signing event in LA, shortly followed by TV appearances and two glorious promo gigs

Kind of like in 05 she was operative, committed and energetic a month after breaking eight bones

XXL    0
10 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

Cool song and the album is even cooler, it's her coolest album, the whole Music/DWT era is coolness

:thumbsup:

Perfection, start to finish. I also live for the Dago Gonzales Paradise Not For Me shoot for the tour by the way

2 minutes ago, XXL said:

Perfection, start to finish. I also live for the Dago Gonzales Paradise Not For Me shoot for the tour by the way

My jaw drops everytime I listen to Music. A tight album with just 10 songs, the Queen of Life serves and slays the universe with edgy folktronica sound. 

XXL    0

And I love that even her rolling in the mud fully pregnant in the Italian island of Pantelleria becomes a Fabrizio Ferri photoshoot for Corriere della Sera :wow:

Effortless promotion. So much grace. That shoot alone generated more headlines and interest than some of today's overhyped younger acts entire careers ... And the actual album promotion hadn't even started yet, nor the first single sent to radio. Amazing indeed

italy_sette_august_2000_big.jpg

XXL    0
13 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

My jaw drops everytime I listen to Music. A tight album with just 10 songs, the Queen of Life serves and slays the universe with edgy folktronica sound. 

XXL    0
6 hours ago, IsaacHarris said:

Let's celebrate that GLORIOUS video & the outfit she had on:

tumblr_nzf3exiEPA1qzjr2jo3_r1_400.gif

tumblr_nzf3exiEPA1qzjr2jo1_r1_400.gif

PIMPdonna 4EVER :inlove:

And Nikki and Debi featuring in the video for the first single was such a lovely nod to the early days

tasteinmen    0

The video is the original Bitch I'm Madonna. I don't get why people get shocked by her "recent" pimp / gangsta ways, they've always been apart of her.

Loved it when this song came out, it was everywhere, once again, and such a change from her previous video American Pie.

The music channels would only play half the video.

What I loved most about this era is how much SHE was loved. Everyone loved this song.

Magical time to be a Madonna fan.