MadonnaNation.com Forums

Confessit    0
5 minutes ago, Lolo said:

Ok so this only proves that IF he took the time and put some factual effort into it, his WAOM version would have been epic. Clearly evolved from what we got as a demo. What a waste...

And I'm not creaming and not gay, not even male.  

I love avicci personally and his album was great love his mixture of accoustic and dance beats. I get the sense most in here don't but it's all taste isn't it!

Suedehead    0

So clearly she di-Aviciid 'Rebel Heart' (song) as punishment for him. I understand where she's coming from but it's still a shame.

Confessit    0
15 minutes ago, Suedehead said:

So clearly she di-Aviciid 'Rebel Heart' (song) as punishment for him. I understand where she's coming from but it's still a shame.

Didn't need she do similar with B-day and MIA after she used the finger at the Super Bowl by banishing it to the special edition.

That was a crap song though, RH avicci version was gorgeous.

Nick    0

For me personally, wish things turned out differently with Avicii for the album. Besides WAOM demo which I loved even though it's totally euro dance,  I remember liking borrowed time demo better than album version. Felt like there was def strong potential in them collaborating. I do understand why fans are very sick of Madonna working with trendy djs too.

swimtoshore    0
1 hour ago, karbatal said:

I have a feeling that the stupid djs and rent a rappers era is finished.  Mark My Words!!!

please let it be so!!

runa    0
1 hour ago, karbatal said:

I have a feeling that the stupid djs and rent a rappers era is finished.  Mark My Words!!!

I hope you're right !

S.E.X.    0

All of his songs recycle the same tired ass stems and beats. It's embarrassing and I'm glad she saw that and let others rework his songs. Note: Songs that were mostly written with his team. That's all him and they were good for.

WAOM album version doesn't even compare to the avici version.  The album version is bland and might i say boring.  His early demo was GlORIOUS.  Imagine if it was fine tuned!

The "whoooooooooooooo am iiiiiiiiii" bit chorus needs a beat to soar😡😡😡

20 minutes ago, Littlebastard said:

WAOM album version doesn't even compare to the avici version.  The album version is bland and might i say boring.  His early demo was GlORIOUS.  Imagine if it was fine tuned!

+10000 

The demo version is epic with that intro and her voice, the album version is boring and non-eventful.

So what happened with Avicii and Diplo were the same thing, they wanted to get involved but were too busy on their own, maybe they could have worked fine for one or two songs each but weren’t prepared to contribute more than that.

At least he is open to work with her again but I don’t think that she will.

Je5u5    0
25 minutes ago, Littlebastard said:

The early demos were closer to the final version than the cheap, tacky eurodance take that leaked. It was just an attempt to test the song as an uptempo song that didn't work because even the following demo, still with Avicci, went back to the ballad arrangement.

Je5u5    0
8 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

I AM GLAD FOR THE ALBUM VERSION OF "WASH ALL OVER ME" AND THE DEMO SENT TO HER DUSTBIN

+1

VogueMusic    0
5 hours ago, karbatal said:

Ooooooooooh there goes all the "he was ill"  theory.  All the answers like "how do you know he passed and went,  were you there?" 

It was clear that this stupid KID has no idea how important is Madonna and how he will be forgotten while she's still touring and releasing albums. Next time please ONLY SERIOUS PRODUCERS PLEASE. 

But he was ill. His drinking and other issues supposedly hospitalized him for a good while, and brought on a serious disease. It's just not mentioned specifically in that quote above. I think he knows M is important. He said above how disappointed he was.

5 hours ago, Confessit said:

I think that's a tad harsh, Madonna herself said Diplo made her wait and RH was recorded in drips and drabs due to scheduals.

He is being honest, but the fact remains he contributed a huge quality amount to the album.

If she continues to hire international DJs there will always be conflicts with schedules and that's who Madonna hires.

Exactly.

These producers (and writers) are artists in their own right, and do have packed schedules that have to be worked around. It sucks, but it is now a reality that just has to be dealt with, and M explained that herself many times. I don't think that automatically equals 'they don't care about the artist' or that 'their work isn't any good'... just that priorities are different these days, and seems like all artists have to deal with it. I don't like it either, but I understand why it is.

VogueMusic    0

I agree that the final album versions of all songs were far superior to the demos (sans a song or two). The Avicii Rebel Heart was the solid exception, and just needed a bit of work.

But as others said, I'm glad she went in the direction she did. The standard EDM style or the Eurodance sound I'm not too fond of, and honestly those Avicii EDM drops sound totally obnoxious (sans RH). It's cool having them to enjoy as demos, but so glad the final album went the way it did. That being said, Avicii and his writing team did bring out some great material. I think that's where they actually excelled together, and created a good foundation for the project, was the writing stage. So he and his team's contributions certainly were not in vain.

Jazzy Jan    0

Kudos to him for being honest about about what was going on in his life re his career and illness. Also for saying he would do things differently now and owing up to it and not playing a victim.  Unlike others who bring up Madonna for attention, he did not speak badly of her and said he would like to work with her again.  For what it is worth, I love a lot of the songs that come from her working with Avicci and his song writers.  Madonna is unparalleled in my book for writing and singing perfect pop songs with incredible melodies and bridges and that was demonstrated with a lot of songs from Rebel Heart. 

loowee    0
2 hours ago, Littlebastard said:

Go listen to any of Avicii's albums, his "fine tuned" vision isn't that far off from the demos we heard. Again, his team is good at writing melodies but he's a one trick pony producer. 

6 minutes ago, loowee said:

Go listen to any of Avicii's albums, his "fine tuned" vision isn't that far off from the demos we heard. Again, his team is good at writing melodies but he's a one trick pony producer. 

i still find the album version a dud.....a good album cut but the dance version had huge potential....i LOVE the lyrics and hate the music basically very bland. I skip it all the time and her vocal delivery on the avici demo had more soul imo.

6 hours ago, karbatal said:

Ooooooooooh there goes all the "he was ill"  theory.  All the answers like "how do you know he passed and went,  were you there?" 

It was clear that this stupid KID has no idea how important is Madonna and how he will be forgotten while she's still touring and releasing albums. Next time please ONLY SERIOUS PRODUCERS PLEASE. 

How about him not wanting to say he was ill. Its a possibility.

Nick    0

Even though WAOM  demo is one of my favorite tracks from the era, the album version is powerful & beautiful as well. Really grew to love it.....

todsmod    0
9 hours ago, Confessit said:

No offence taken but I'm dyslexic so I don't read it back like some do. 

OH!!  I think LG has that "ailment/disease" too?!  J/K!!! 

@karbatal  I hope so.  Avicci may have had good ideas, but if you're not 100% involved (see Patrick Leonard, among others) GTFO!!!  This come-and-go producer/rapper shit....I'm so over.  RH had some (many) beautiful moments.  But I can't help but think, if it would have been M & ONE person....well....what could've been.?  No dwelling on could've/should've been.  Let's just wait and see/hear what happens.  

It better come sooner than later.  Bitches getting antsy in here!!!!!  *MUSIC makes the people come together*!!!!!!!!!!!

Icykiller    0

His shtick is tired, and I don't like Avici's sound, so great RH turned out the way it did... minus 3-4 bad songs, the rest is ace.