MadonnaNation.com Forums
DitaDolla

New MUSIC!!!!! The QUEEN is ready to RULE THE WORLD again

MeakMaker    0
1 hour ago, Pedro said:

That too. 

I know the world revolves around money and sales is equivalent of success, but in my humble opinion Madonna right now is more preoccupied with making her music known to the world than making some money from an album... (I know people will disregard and say she's whoring out for a quicker buck, but I truly believe the opposite). 

This. I wouldn't exclude it for Madonna to give her album for free through some  medium. 

while Rebel heart is still selling , and Rebel heart tour Video + cd is coming out in 12 days

REBEL HEART ALBUM

iTunes:

#35 Hungary  yai
#73 Poland yai
#113 Brazil  yai
#139 Spain yai
#166 Mexico yai 
#200 Sweden yai 

Confessit    0
3 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

This. I wouldn't exclude it for Madonna to give her album for free through some  medium. 

Is that Madonnas style though? 

She was hell bent on making the iTunes preview happen too claw back the money she knew she was loosing after the leaks of RH even though releasing all the albums singles early would effect chart entry's!

I cant see Madonna doing it for free but I can see her giving up physical CDs after this album.

I don't think she will sign another distribution deal.

Edited by Confessit

tasteinmen    0
7 hours ago, Kilt said:

I hope she doesn't do any TRAP or Tropical House. They are so tired and repetitive, even Taylor Swift hopped on that bandwagon.

I hope not too, I want powerful synth pads / chords, none of this minimal crap, I'm pretty sure all that stuff will be expired soon as it's been milked so much this year, and practically every song sounds the same, bar P!nk.

the-queen    0
19 minutes ago, littleGuzman said:

while Rebel heart is still selling , and Rebel heart tour Video + cd is coming out in 12 days

Yep, the jealous haters can get fucked. M is stacking up the cash and having a great time.

elijah    0
1 hour ago, Hector said:

Thats appalling. What nothings. Their irrelevant talentless voice like screeching on a blackboard Madonna wanna be nothing is the worst "artist" to ever walk this earth. What a tasteless brats.

tasteinmen    0

I don't want to see those deluded rodents words. We're not in 2011 anymore when those shitty monsters still existed and constantly dragged any other female artist.

Confessit    0

Can't we have one thread without Gaga? 💋

DagIN    0

Can we please ignore what this idiotic monster says and just celebrate the fact that M is coming back soon with great new music?

Pedro    0
1 hour ago, Confessit said:

Is that Madonnas style though? 

She was hell bent on making the iTunes preview happen too claw back the money she knew she was loosing after the leaks of RH even though releasing all the albums singles early would effect chart entry's!

I cant see Madonna doing it for free but I can see her giving up physical CDs after this album.

I don't think she will sign another distribution deal.

Why do you always present your arguments as facts with absolutely no ground to support them, where was ever discussed that it was an economic move instead of a compromised artistic process??? 

In her own words: 

“This is a form of terrorism. Wtf!!!! Why do people want to destroy artistic process??? Why steal? Why not give me the opportunity to finish and give you my very best?”

“I was hoping to release my new single 'Living For Love' on Valentine's Day with the rest of the album coming in the spring,” she said. “I would prefer my fans to hear completed versions of some of the songs instead of the incomplete tracks that are circulating. Please consider these six songs as an early Christmas gift.”

IF you have the back up to your claim please feel free to share. 

Aries    0

I myself would not like it if Madonna stops putting out physical CDs after all these years...

It would indeed suck big time to have her entire catalog on CD, and then only Digital

we could burn a cd...but it just wouldn't be the same!

Confessit    0
3 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Why do you always present your arguments as facts with absolutely no ground to support them, where was ever discussed that it was an economic move instead of a compromised artistic process??? 

In her own words: 

“This is a form of terrorism. Wtf!!!! Why do people want to destroy artistic process??? Why steal? Why not give me the opportunity to finish and give you my very best?”

“I was hoping to release my new single 'Living For Love' on Valentine's Day with the rest of the album coming in the spring,” she said. “I would prefer my fans to hear completed versions of some of the songs instead of the incomplete tracks that are circulating. Please consider these six songs as an early Christmas gift.”

IF you have the back up to your claim please feel free to share. 

Of course it effects her commercially as well artistically ! She called it a gift but obviously it was a decision to claw something back as well commercially.

I don't deny the artistic damage Madonna felt with the leaks, but the leaks meant that many was put off buying the album as it was all leaked.....so changing things quickly and getting the preview on iTunes was a way of commercial damage limitation.

Edited by Confessit

tasteinmen    0

If she's still releasing tours on DVD / CD, then I'm sure she won't be ditching the physical format for her studio albums anytime soon.

There is still a market for physical media, especially with the resurgence of vinyl, like Pedro said, not sure where you got the idea of her ditching the physical format.

I'm really hoping there will be no leaks this time, everyone else seems to manage to avoid leaks recently, bar Fergie.

Pedro    0
1 minute ago, Confessit said:

Of course it effects her commercially as well artistically ! She called it a gift but obviously it was a decision to claw something back as well commercially.

I don't deny the artistic damage Madonna felt with the leaks, but the leaks meant that many was put off buying the album so changing things quickly and getting the preview on iTunes was a way of commercial limitation.

How many "regular people" or "casual fans" do you really think that downloaded the demos??? 

Do you really think that this really affected the sales of the final product??? 

IMHO hard core fans care about demos, the rest of the world couldn't even care to go looking for them in the internet. 

But well let's not go off topic this is a very old and tired topic.

Confessit    0
Just now, Pedro said:

How many "regular people" or "casual fans" do you really think that downloaded the demos??? 

Do you really think that this really affected the sales of the final product??? 

IMHO hard core fans care about demos, the rest of the world couldn't even care to go looking for them in the internet. 

But well let's not go off topic this is a very old and tired topic.

Loads of people downloaded the leaks, many fans did and Madonna responded with the iTunes preview.

But it was too do with sales as well, because she knew everyone was accessing all those songs for free so she made steps to own it herself. But she's a commercial artist as well she doesn't release her music for free so of course commercially the decision to do the iTunes preview was relevant as well.

Pedro    0

:abuse:

vocalism    0
5 hours ago, horn said:

No, only distribution.

Guy O'seary is responsible for the promotion.

If promotion is included, it won't be 1 million per album.

"Promotion" is a vague term that encompasses a board spectrum of things. All those articles are nice and informative, but I'm telling you that Interscope has absolutely been involved in marketing and publicity of M's albums. BB Gun PR is also involved in publicity (ever since Liz retired). I'm not even sure Live Nation has an in-house team to do ANYTHING related to album releases. It's all outsourced. 

karbatal    0

Wow this thread really encapsulates ALL possible discussions about Madonna's music. From producers to leaks,  promotion,  Guy O and Gags :lmao:

And it's only an embryo of the album hahaha 

Confessit    0
20 minutes ago, vocalism said:

"Promotion" is a vague term that encompasses a board spectrum of things. All those articles are nice and informative, but I'm telling you that Interscope has absolutely been involved in marketing and publicity of M's albums. BB Gun PR is also involved in publicity (ever since Liz retired). I'm not even sure Live Nation has an in-house team to do ANYTHING related to album releases. It's all outsourced. 

If that's true I fully expect Madonna to look elsewhere after this album!

I don't think she'll give anything for free, she said she was against it when asked about U2 (managed by Oseary too) but she can change her mind. She'll probably release things directly herself. There were many articles about the leaks even discussing them song by song on genuine music plateforms. We were not the only ones discussing the values of the demos over the final mixes and song selection. Just a google search will remind us how much it was discussed everywhere (especially since it happenned around Christmas when news are slow).

I can totally see her thinking why record companies should make a buck on her work when she does not and she would be absolutely right. Joining Tidal right after that fiasco could not be a coincidence. And now it seems like she feels she does not need to be in LA, NY or London to make a record. She never recorded with Mirwais or Solveig in France. They worked in London. She maybe did some work or she went listening to work in progress in their studios or when she did Like or not and Get together in Sweden but the whole thing was recorded in London. This should be the first time she records in some place else than the obvious ones. I just fucking hope she does not hire Demo Castellon again (since his wife Nelly Furtado is portuguese lol).

Confessit    0
2 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

I don't think she'll give anything for free, she said she was against it when asked about U2 (managed by Oseary too) but she can change her mind. She'll probably release things directly herself. There were many articles about the leaks even discussing them song by song on genuine music plateforms. We were not the only ones discussing the values of the demos over the final mixes and song selection. Just a google search will remind us how much it was discussed everywhere (especially since it happenned around Christmas when news are slow).

I can totally see her thinking why record companies should make a buck on her work when she does not and she would be absolutely right. Joining Tidal right after that fiasco could not be a coincidence. And now it seems like she feels she does not need to be in LA, NY or London to make a record. She never recorded with Mirwais or Solveig in France. They worked in London. She maybe did some work or she went listening to work in progress in their studios or when she did Like or not and Get together in Sweden but the whole thing was recorded in London. This should be the first time she records in some place else than the obvious ones. I just fucking hope she does not hire Demo Castellon again (since his wife Nelly Furtado is portuguese lol).

Your right the leaks were literally everywhere and even causal music fans where commenting on them.

But I thought this deal gave her complete freedom she never had at Warners.

She could pick the songs and everything without having to take advice (sometimes Warners made good decisions for her, they knew how to market her).

I think she is halfway there with the current deal she in, for as long as she wants to release music physically she will always have to have someone who can distribute, hence the Interscope deal.