MadonnaNation.com Forums
Suedehead

Burning UP - RIT vs. RHT poll (VT EXCLUDED)

Which guitar-ORIENTATED version of Burning UP do you prefer?   

77 members have voted

1. 1. Which guitar-ORIENTATED version of Burning UP do you prefer?

• Reinvention Tour 2004
    • Rebel Heart Tour 2015-2016

VogueMusic    0
On 9/1/2017 at 2:03 PM, sotos8 said:

BTW her current drummer is great ,one of the best

That's Brian Frasier Moore. He's actually very well respected in the industry (with a solid resume). I have some concert audio from a few artists outside M he's worked with, and he really is a solid drummer.

I think the issue is the musical direction. I've said it here many times, but if she decides to rely more on pre-sequenced work, then there is only so much the band live can do. They're sort of 'locked in' to what's set. Which ends up giving the wrong impression of their skills (and backgrounds). They're not being used to their fullest potential.

Kurt420    0

RHT by a long shot.....it's how the performance should've been on RIT. The costume, staging, arrangement.....all of it fit the song so much better. The AL performance aside, that whole "army" section of RIT was just misplaced. We were so thirsty for the hits at that time, she could've sang EY in front of a white curtain with one of her trademark (at the time) tracksuits  and berets (oh yeah...she had one of those on) and we would've ate it up.....sorry but MG, EY and BU all in that section with that staging and costume were such a missed opportunity. So glad we've gotten far better performances of all those songs since then. I do love RIT but my only gripe with it is a lot of things seem so random......there are great ideas that seem to not get fully realized.

Starman    0

Musically RIT is far superior, it sounds like a a LIVE record

RHT sound like madonna on top of a karaoke track with added guitar

The visuals on RHT are prettier though

VogueMusic    0

While the musical direction could have been better, I prefer the RHT version because it actually sounds more like the original record (well, the 'alternate' mix). We rarely get that, so it was nice for once.

Has nothing to do with the visual presentation at all.

acko    0

I remember thinking during RIT, 'Oh this just sounds like a canned version of the 12" with some guitar on top".

I don't think either version is excells in musical virtuosity.

Kim    0
On 04/09/2017 at 9:15 AM, Starman said:

Musically RIT is far superior, it sounds like a a LIVE record

Which is what the poll was about. People voting cause they like her outfit better etc are just ridic.

S.E.X.    0
10 minutes ago, Kim said:

Which is what the poll was about. People voting cause they like her outfit better etc are just ridic.

As if most gays would value the music or quality of the performance over the outfit. Kim, sis...why are you even surprised? :chuckle: 

Kim    0
4 hours ago, S.E.X. said:

As if most gays would value the music or quality of the performance over the outfit. Kim, sis...why are you even surprised? :chuckle: 

This is true doll. Real drums and electric guitar probably too much for their delicate little pixie ears to take,  Madonna's army uniform probably far too butch and not sparkly enough, and of course you need to have a screen background of flames, flames and more flames ...lest they actually have to think laterally instead of literally about a song's onstage interpretation :wow:

Shane    0

I instantly voted RIT the other day expecting RH to have twice the votes. But I never expected it to have NINE TIMES the votes :laugh:

S.E.X.    0
10 hours ago, Shane said:

I instantly voted RIT the other day expecting RH to have twice the votes. But I never expected it to have NINE TIMES the votes :laugh:

And you made the right decision. :queenbitch: 

10 hours ago, Kim said:

This is true doll. Real drums and electric guitar probably too much for their delicate little pixie ears to take,  Madonna's army uniform probably far too butch and not sparkly enough, and of course you need to have a screen background of flames, flames and more flames ...lest they actually have to think laterally instead of literally about a song's onstage interpretation :wow:

Instead they prefer Kevin Antunes auto-generated keyboard synths and drum tracks. That lame Holiday finale! :lmao: or the even more awful Salsa version of Dress You Up that sounded like a karaoke version of a cover done by some Mexican artist. He needs to get the boot, instantly.

VogueMusic    0

Lots of different reasons why we may like certain things. Don't need to have words put in our mouths about it.  :noway:

zizibello    0
On 9/8/2017 at 6:42 AM, Kim said:

Madonna's army uniform probably far too butch and not sparkly enough, and of course you need to have a screen background of flames, flames and more flames

I spat out my Herbal Tea laughing ... my poor iMac keyboard

Kim    0
6 hours ago, zizibello said:

I spat out my Herbal Tea laughing ... my poor iMac keyboard

Madge fans with a sense of humour are a dying breed. I'm glad you got it :thumbsup:

I gotta go with the RHT version. Although I'm not a fan of either. I would've rather her done this song the way she did Like A Virgin on RHT or Get Together on CT. 

Pedro    0
On 7/9/2017 at 8:12 PM, Kim said:

It's all about this hair, I love the flames 🔥 but this hair sealed the deal for me 😜 

IMG_5622.JPG

IsaacHarris    0
15 minutes ago, Pedro said:

It's all about this hair, I love the flames 🔥 but this hair sealed the deal for me 😜 

IMG_5622.JPG

THIS IS A LOOK 👀 

I love everything about it, top to bottom!

Pedro    0
49 minutes ago, IsaacHarris said:

THIS IS A LOOK 👀 

I love everything about it, top to bottom!

:yes:

zizibello    0
10 hours ago, Kim said:

Madge fans with a sense of humour are a dying breed. I'm glad you got it :thumbsup:

It's sad, considering M has such a terrific sense of humour (minus the bad TOAC jokes)