MadonnaNation.com Forums
Suedehead

Burning UP - RIT vs. RHT poll (VT EXCLUDED)

Which guitar-ORIENTATED version of Burning UP do you prefer?   

78 members have voted

1. 1. Which guitar-ORIENTATED version of Burning UP do you prefer?

• Reinvention Tour 2004
    • Rebel Heart Tour 2015-2016

Just now, Kim said:

Yes they used to be affectionately called a "wedding band" around here, but that was before we got this new lot and the era of pressing "play" every night. I mean, just listen to both versions. It's like night and day. One is a throbbing driving belt it out crowd please, the other is yer auntie at the karaoke after a few too many sherries.

This is the woman who toured with Jonathan Sugarfoot Moffat on her kit back in the day. I mean, really.

Just blame  Justin T who introduced them to her!

RIT version is an abortion. Hated it then, hate it now. Rebel Heart's version was magic.

Just now, Shaun said:

RIT version is an abortion. Hated it then, hate it now. Rebel Heart's version was magic.

Truth 

9 minutes ago, Suedehead said:

Sorry but.... worst ever !

Nope. Just listened to the RH version again. So slooooow and awful pre recorded vocals drowning out her nocals.

I also like to pretend I didn't see the technical difficulties in Glasgow where the voice and guitar kept on magically playing while she was busy talking to the tech who was swapping her mic packs  :nocomment:

3 minutes ago, Kim said:

Nope. Just listened to the RH version again. So slooooow and awful pre recorded vocals drowning out her nocals.

I also like to pretend I didn't see the technical difficulties in Glasgow where the voice and guitar kept on magically playing while she was busy talking to the tech who was swapping her mic packs  :nocomment:

How? she didn't actually played the solo?

11 minutes ago, Kim said:

Maybe that was just Glasgow because there is a clip where she misses her cue and gets to the microphone too late and although there's a backing track she clearly sings live on top (similar to when she fell at the Brits in LFL)

And yes we all know Monte supplements the guitar playing. I don't think she has ever pretended that's not the case. The camera often zooms in on him anyway so it's not like she's cutting him out to make us think it's all her.

1 minute ago, sotos8 said:

How? she didn't actually played the solo?

It was at at the start of the song.

Well we know she just strums along to the chord progressions. To her credit, she doesn't try to hide the fact that Monte's the one doing the work. 

2 minutes ago, Suedehead said:

Maybe that was just Glasgow because there is a clip where she misses her cue and gets to the microphone too late and although there's a backing track she clearly sings live on top (similar to when she fell at the Brits in LFL)

Yes I know she sings over it. The point is she was able to just belt it out before with nothing but her live back up singers, now the pre-record is overly intrusive on every single uptempo song.  

rebel heart version all the way! everything about it was superior. 

i expected it to be less than stellar because of the reinvention performance....only to find myself shocked that it was way better...her look, costume, stance, attitude, vocals, lights, staging of it. blown away!

1 hour ago, Shaun said:

My opinion as well.

I love both but I voted for RHT, mostly because of the outfit. :angel:

12 hours ago, Kim said:

Hear that bitches? Real guitar, real drums, a TEMPO suitable for a "rock" version and most importantly of all Madonna's voice, clear as a bell and without 10 layers of prerecorded backing to make it sound half decent. And a proper guitar solo by Monte. And an audience jumping and with their hands in the air,  y'know like they're at a concert.

Then play the plodding, leaded, reductive, pre-taped version and hear the difference.

That's what happens when Madge repeats herself.

:clap::clap::clap: I FUCKING LOVE YOU FOR THIS.

Rebel Heart's BU was such a reductive and totally misplaced MESS. What was the point? Going from Samurai Iconic to Bitch, I'm Madonna to Medieval sword whatever that was in the background to Catholic Church? 

Clearly just a performance squeezed in there to give the dancers a moment to change their clothes lol. This THING was so last minute. Probably one of the songs she still remembered how to play (if she even did).

11 hours ago, Kim said:

It was at at the start of the song.

Well we know she just strums along to the chord progressions. To her credit, she doesn't try to hide the fact that Monte's the one doing the work. 

Yes I know she sings over it. The point is she was able to just belt it out before with nothing but her live back up singers, now the pre-record is overly intrusive on every single uptempo song.  

Not to mention that the RHT version sounds like a cheap karaoke version of the one from RIT. You can clearly tell who actually put effort into the production of the live arrangements (Stuart) whereas Kevin uses the cheapest loops or instrument kits he can find and either blends them with a cheap ass midi track or stems he got from fan remixers. :chuckle: What a lazy ass motherfucker.

12 hours ago, Suedehead said:

Sorry but.... worst ever !

LIES.

The entire RHT is one of her worst. Every song arrangement on that tour SUCKS. The quality of the overall production on that tour is just terrible.

I don't understand the guitar issue...Madonna never pretended to play lead guitar.
But the Pantera bit is real...unless she's doing finger choreography as a dance routine
on her guitar.

But the whole singing along 2 a pre recorded track has become so tired. I know
it's a standard industry practice these days, even some 'Big Voices' do it. But for
the love of God...make more use of the backing singers, even they sound Pre Recorded (useless)
at times, and not loud enough...I hate it.

1 hour ago, S.E.X. said:

Rebel Heart's BU was such a reductive and totally misplaced MESS. What was the point? Going from Samurai Iconic to Bitch, I'm Madonna to Medieval sword whatever that was in the background to Catholic Church? 

Clearly just a performance squeezed in there to give the dancers a moment to change their clothes lol. This THING was so last minute. Probably one of the songs she still remembered how to play (if she even did).

AMEN BRUTHA.

Y'know what?, let's just remind ourselves of what this REALLY sounded like straight from the soundboard shall we? Absolutely ,100% APPALLING. No wonder bishes be talking about outfits and lighting when the question was about the song.

54 minutes ago, Kim said:

AMEN BRUTHA.

Y'know what?, let's just remind ourselves of what this REALLY sounded like straight from the soundboard shall we? Absolutely ,100% APPALLING. No wonder bishes be talking about outfits and lighting when the question was about the song.

it's actually great

13 minutes ago, sotos8 said:

it's actually great

Aye right. The mixing is appalling, the sampled sounds stand out like a sore thumb, the drum machine is repetitively maddening,, her voice sounds like a dying cat and floats on top of the prerecorded backing, the  backing vocalists might as well not exist etc...

Compare that to the leaked soundboard of RIT Lisbon and it is night and day.

Suddenly the difficult job of the RHT broadcast/DVD mixer makes a bit more sense. No more complaining about the mix they made.... when you consider what they actually had to work with, it's quite amazing! :angel:

7 hours ago, S.E.X. said:

The entire RHT is one of her worst. Every song arrangement on that tour SUCKS. The quality of the overall production on that tour is just terrible.

You have been bitching about RHT in every single thread already. Now go back to your #Justce4GirlGoneWIld thread and shush.

6 minutes ago, loowee said:

You have been bitching about RHT in every single thread already. Now go back to your #Justce4GirlGoneWIld thread and shush.

No, I'll open a #JusticeforRIT thread next!

6 hours ago, Kim said:

AMEN BRUTHA.

This is the soundboard from the Tokyo show when she had a bad cold and sounded like a dying crow throughout the entire week.

7 hours ago, S.E.X. said:

:clap::clap::clap: I FUCKING LOVE YOU FOR THIS.

You probably don't even know the samurai was an icon of Japan's medieval period right? Now tour setlists have to be cohesive too? Do I have to point out all the "out of place" songs on RIT too? :rotfl: 

32 minutes ago, loowee said:

she had a bad cold

Yeah of course she did :rotfl:And the nocals are the least of the problems with that perf of life death.

On 9/1/2017 at 1:44 PM, Suedehead said:

What about the stack of TVs in the background :lmao:

I actually love that set piece. Simple, but it works.

I never really got all the shade about M's playing of the guitar because she mostly plays 'rhythm guitar' (while Monte does both lead and rhythm). Professionals will tell you playing steady rhythm guitar is actually the solid foundation to not only being a good player, but is the foundation for the music itself...not the shredding and wailing like most think. Even Prince went by that knowledge when commenting on how people have the wrong impression of guitar playing, let alone learning how to play. I read that in his live performances he played far more rhythm guitar than people realize.