MadonnaNation.com Forums
Suedehead

Burning UP - RIT vs. RHT poll (VT EXCLUDED)

Which guitar-ORIENTATED version of Burning UP do you prefer?   

78 members have voted

1. 1. Which guitar-ORIENTATED version of Burning UP do you prefer?

• Reinvention Tour 2004
    • Rebel Heart Tour 2015-2016

Virgin Tour version excluded because it remains the best ever. 

This is a battle of the guitar-orientated versions of Burning UP 

you know the answer..

Rebel Heart version because it has more of the 80's original sound in the background and the guitar is not too prominent

edit: the fans in the audience going crazy at the guitar solo in the middle like it's her playing it :lol:

Edited by functions_X

Love them both. But I have to go with RHT as it was my first time hearing and seeing it live :brenspin:

RHT

Glad to see RH wins by a landslide. I agree.

RHT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> RIT

RIT deserves 2 lose 4 that dumbass party city army costume alone.

RHT, of course.  Much richer and brighter arrangement...with that phenomenal solo by Monte. 

I honestly like RIT better because felt like Madonna repeated herself with BU in RHT.

There were other performances in RHT in which themes were too similar to previous tours.

Still enjoyed it anyway.

9 hours ago, acko said:

RIT deserves 2 lose 4 that dumbass party city army costume alone.

What about the stack of TVs in the background :lmao:

On 8/31/2017 at 11:33 PM, functions_X said:

Rebel Heart version because it has more of the 80's original sound in the background and the guitar is not too prominent

edit: the fans in the audience going crazy at the guitar solo in the middle like it's her playing it :lol:

you're glad suedehead haven't notice your comment ..

he really thinks she's really playing the solos (like the pantera's riff in Sticky and sweet tour) and not Monte

Hear that bitches? Real guitar, real drums, a TEMPO suitable for a "rock" version and most importantly of all Madonna's voice, clear as a bell and without 10 layers of prerecorded backing to make it sound half decent. And a proper guitar solo by Monte. And an audience jumping and with their hands in the air,  y'know like they're at a concert.

Then play the plodding, leaded, reductive, pre-taped version and hear the difference.

That's what happens when Madge repeats herself.

Kim i'm sorry but if i remember well madonna's fans in this forum were complaining about her band back then as well. But you're completely right about her voice

BTW her current drummer is great ,one of the best

10 minutes ago, sotos8 said:

Kim i'm sorry but if i remember well madonna's fans in this forum were complaining about her band back then as well. But you're completely right about her voice

Yes they used to be affectionately called a "wedding band" around here, but that was before we got this new lot and the era of pressing "play" every night. I mean, just listen to both versions. It's like night and day. One is a throbbing, driving belt-it-out crowd pleaser, the other is yer auntie at the karaoke after a few too many sherries.

8 minutes ago, sotos8 said:

BTW her current drummer is great ,one of the best

This is the woman who toured with Jonathan Sugarfoot Moffat on her kit back in the day. I mean, really.

16 minutes ago, Kim said:

Hear that bitches? Real guitar, real drums, a TEMPO suitable for a "rock" version and most importantly of all Madonna's voice, clear as a bell and without 10 layers of prerecorded backing to make it sound half decent. And a proper guitar solo by Monte. And an audience jumping and with their hands in the air,  y'know like they're at a concert.

Then play the plodding, leaded, reductive, pre-taped version and hear the difference.

That's what happens when Madge repeats herself.

Sorry but.... worst ever !