MadonnaNation.com Forums
Suedehead

WHAT ABOUT: Adam Lambert performing "Ghost Town" at TrailblazerHonors (?)

I love Adam Lambert.   The last time I watched one of those dreadful talent shows was American Idol when he was runner up.  Fantastic voice, emotive powerful singer,   good stage craft ( he started in musical theatre )  and was so much better than all of the others who have won any of those talent shows.   How he lost to some boring nobody was a travesty but the way it seems to often go.  

Anyway,  love this song and his performance in this clip.   Personally,  I think he is far better than most of the boring bland people who are ruling the charts at the moment.  

:lol:

omg, he should perform with Sam Fox to have the BEST COLLECTION OF AUDIENCE GIFS EVER HAHAHAHAHA

I remember when he launched his career after AI on something like the American Music Awards (it was one of those shows)...and he did that raunchy performance and kissed his male guitar player, and the country went fucking nuts.

15 minutes ago, karbatal said:

:lol:

omg, he should perform with Sam Fox to have the BEST COLLECTION OF AUDIENCE GIFS EVER HAHAHAHAHA

:lmao:

that was Ariana Grande's brother in the audience getting all excited wasn't it.  Love his enthuasiam,  he gets so excited at Madonna concerts too. 

3 minutes ago, VogueMusic said:

I remember when he launched his career after AI on something like the American Music Awards (it was one of those shows)...and he did that raunchy performance and kissed his male guitar player, and the country went fucking nuts.

He should be a huge star.  His talent is very under appreciated.  Has it all over other performers. 

3 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

He should be a huge star.  His talent is very under appreciated.  Has it all over other performers. 

I always wondered if that performance backlash kind of impeded what should have been a bigger career opener for him...because of this country's ignorance (esp. at that time). They really kind of crucified him for that, and he was just starting out.

3 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

Well, he tried to position himself as the male Gaga. That was never going to end well.

Tacky :chuckle:

Madonnas Ghosttown is 1000000xbetter.

Still sometimes listen to his first album which contained several great tracks. His second album became too cookie cutter pop even though  never close our eyes is excellent. 

58 minutes ago, Je5u5 said:

Well, he tried to position himself as the male Gaga. That was never going to end well.

I felt the same when he started.  So many gimmicks really obscured whatever else he could give.  

Unpopular opinion, maybe, but I just don't get him. I don't get his music, his style, his career, etc. It just does not resonate with me at all. Now that little Nick Jonas, however, works on so many levels for me. 

4 hours ago, Je5u5 said:

Maybe. But at least he was actually gay and actually talented. And respects M.

Even if it was "gimmicky"...considering the time then, it was kind of refreshing to see such a 'fuck you' attitude from an openly gay male talent (rather than the usual straight female popstar using the queer shtick).

6 hours ago, dollhouse said:

Tacky :chuckle:

Madonnas Ghosttown is 1000000xbetter.

I just listened to nearly a minute of that ish waiting for the MADONNA PART to happen. I feel tricked.

Anyway, last I saw of this local star he was pretending to be Freddie Mercury or something.

Next.

8 hours ago, Sanctuary said:

Unpopular opinion, maybe, but I just don't get him. I don't get his music, his style, his career, etc. It just does not resonate with me at all. 

+1

@Jazzy Jan you are really a Regina George :lmao: That boring nobody is my husband Kris Allen and his music and voice are underrated. He's adorable too :inlove: 

Meh. My 70 year old grandma loves him though!

3 hours ago, Martin B. said:

+1

OMG, merci @Martin B. I thought I was all alone on this one. LOL. :brenspin:

He always looks like he's in pain when he's performing.

:dead:

He described himself as a 'feminine top' on RuPaul's podcast if any of you are interested? :lmao: