MadonnaNation.com Forums

Just now, todsmod said:

So, shall we call it "Velveeta Franklin"?

Because....It's "Frankly"....all about the cheese!!!  (I know, I'm stupid)!!!

hahahaha I love that i just came here after reading that passage from SEX about the fat guy hahaha

Knowing her she will do something with Luis Fonsi :IMG_1564:

Patrick Leonard as songwriter and Rick Rubin as the producer 

1 hour ago, Je5u5 said:

Knowing her she will do something with Luis Fonsi :IMG_1564:

La isla bonita 2019

I want her to flirt with French touch again: Mr Flash, Boston Bun, Borussia, Gesaffelstein, Mirwais again (why not?) and, of course, Daft Punk, among others.

French electronica or U.K. House would definitely make me cream in my jeans, personally 

On 31.8.2017 at 10:07 AM, rocknrolla said:

My favorite parts of ROL had nothing to do with Leonard, though.  Frozen and Nothing Really Matters are my least favorite songs on the album. To me they seem the most "basic" and like 80s retreads, they almost stick out.

I think she  and pat's best work is in the past, there are other collaborators I would much rather she revisit.

Says the person that thinks Confessions is her least essential album, hates Living for Love and thinks that Madonna should use Coldplay's Chainsmoker collab as an example. Okay honey...

tumblr_mzk91o2RkQ1tovefho3_500.gif

59 minutes ago, S.E.X. said:

Says the person that thinks Confessions is her least essential album, hates Living for Love and thinks that Madonna should use Coldplay's Chainsmoker collab as an example. Okay honey...

tumblr_mzk91o2RkQ1tovefho3_500.gif

Hard Candy was the least essential.  At least Colplay has produced a hit, and I like it better than 4 minutes, GMAYL, and yes, Living for love. 

I can listen to those highlighted songs because of the production, lyrically they are nothing special, I stand behind it.

The Coldplay thing was about a veteran act successful collaborating with  a very current producer and sounding credible. 

A beautiful ballad with Ariana could work, or maybe a sassy track.

If she wants to do collabs, then she should do it with people who wants her too, not like Chance the rapper or Nas or MIA.

37 minutes ago, Iconic Fetus said:

A beautiful ballad with Ariana could work, or maybe a sassy track.

If she wants to do collabs, then she should do it with people who wants her too, not like Chance the rapper or Nas or MIA.

What makes you think those peeps didn't want to work with her? Chance the rapper was excited to work with Madonna. Nas even went to the Grammies as her date and actually MIA and Madonna got along great during recording. 

@MeakMaker 

I remember reading that she wanted Jay-Z? Or someone else for the rap on Iconic but that person wasn’t available and they suggested Chance and he did it and that’s it, work is work I suppose.

Nas was great as a feature and yes she was with her and has liked a few Instagram photos, but I don’t remember him being very vocal about M before the RH session, I do remember that M wanted someone as iconic as her in rap to give his talent.

MIA wasn’t looking M to work with, M got in touch with her, recorded both songs, then afte the SB drama MIA slightly bashed M and the tracks they did because they were very pop/commercial.

My point is why M doesn’t look for someone who’s willing to work with her too, a two sided effort, not M trying to convince them and looking people, in example Pharrell, JT or Timbaland came across well, also maybe Nicki the second time.

2 minutes ago, Iconic Fetus said:

I remember reading that she wanted Jay-Z? Or someone else for the rap on Iconic but that person wasn’t available and they suggested Chance and he did it and that’s it, work is work I suppose.

Nas was great as a feature and yes she was with her and has liked a few Instagram photos, but I don’t remember him being very vocal about M before the RH session, I do remember that M wanted someone as iconic as her in rap to give his talent.

MIA wasn’t looking M to work with, M got in touch with her, recorded both songs, then afte the SB drama MIA slightly bashed M and the tracks they did because they were very pop/commercial.

My point is why M doesn’t look for someone who’s willing to work with her too, a two sided effort, not M trying to convince them and looking people, in example Pharrell, JT or Timbaland game across well, also maybe Nicki the second time.

But you do realize that none of the arguments that you give support your post that these people didn't want to work with Madonna in the first place??? 

It's not about you, but why I'm seeing an increasing trend in people making assumptions and posting them as facts??? 

Is it a Millenials thing??? 

Am I too old, Do I have to change my name
Will it get me far??? 

On 2017-09-01 at 11:02 AM, Hector said:

Unfortunately yes that's her only hope 

IMG_3645

She was FLAWLESS that night. :inlove:

1 hour ago, Iconic Fetus said:

@MeakMaker 

My point is why M doesn’t look for someone who’s willing to work with her too, a two sided effort, not M trying to convince them and looking people, in example Pharrell, JT or Timbaland came across well, also maybe Nicki the second time.

Just because aforementioned peeps weren't vocal about their admiration for M that doesn't mean they didn't want to work with her in first place or they were kind of forced to work with her. I'm sure they were excited. 

It's time for a proper world music album with some tropical house influence :) 

@Pedro @MeakMaker Ok, fine, anyway that’s my point of view and at the end of the day the three of use want the same thing, good music from M.

🔙 back to the topic 

M never explored deep house ( or even Funky House or Bassline for that matter).  It's still very popular in clubs and I never heard anybody bringing it mainstream. And maybe that's because it's so rooted in underground culture that it's almost impossible to do it with a pop sensibility but Madonna's always been very good at that kind of stuff.  I'm not saying that that should be the direction to take but I wouldn't be mighty opposed to it if she does it if you guys know what I mean. 

I know the charts are saturated with dance music and Madonna's been doing dance music since forever but even though both MDNA and Rebel Heart had their dance moments/singles I have never thought of them as dance albums. I don't know about you but there's always something magic when M brings out a new unexplored dance sound. 

An album with live/real instruments, band. And then ditch the majority of the band, hire another real live band and go on tour with taht abnd.. 

SILENCE!

i choose Patrick L. & Joe Henry. The end. 

7 minutes ago, tuckeye said:

SILENCE!

LOL! 

IMG_5596.GIF

10 minutes ago, tuckeye said:

SILENCE!

Nostalgia is kicking in lol

54 minutes ago, ashtangi74 said:

An album with live/real instruments, band. And then ditch the majority of the band, hire another real live band and go on tour with taht abnd.. 

I wouldn't mind a real band which is later replaced by synths for the final versions.

36 minutes ago, tasteinmen said:

I wouldn't mind a real band which is later replaced by synths for the final versions.

she had stated before the making of MDNA thats the sound she had wanted to go into...she should have stuck to that since it became big. (and i love MDNA)