MadonnaNation.com Forums

Definitely should give Nowells a call.

12 hours ago, Bretticus said:

One producer, all lyrics self written, 10 - 13 tracks maximum. A cohesive project with a clear theme please!

Totally agree!

Write all the songs with Joe Henry, you two just spend a few months secluded with some guitars and write a bunch of songs and then bring in Monte Pittman and some of your favorite tour musicians and produce it yourself! :-) What about working with someone like Blake Mills? Or Tony Visconti since Bowie is one of M's longtime inspirations? What about Jack Antonoff?

8 hours ago, Glindathegood said:

Jennifer Dicilveo who wrote and produced Beth Ditto's last album. It would be great for her to work with a female producer and co writer for a change. Jennifer comes from a R&B background but can also do dance, pop and rock so if they worked together the album would be eclectic and unpredictable. 

I've been listening to Beth Ditto's newest songs lately which I really like. Don't know much about Dicilveo, but will check out info about her online.

Maybe a female producer could be an interesting change for Madonna...

12 hours ago, Bretticus said:

One producer, all lyrics self written, 10 - 13 tracks maximum. A cohesive project with a clear theme please!

I think this is the most important thing for the next project.

Would love to see her come back to R&B, with touch of electronica. I've been saying for a while that Frank Ocean should be at the top of her collaborators list next album. His work has this incredibly simple, but lovely, textured sound. I think it could really connect with where she seems to be artistically -- a bit retrospective, a bit darker, and gravitating more towards down- and mid-tempo tracks on TOAC and during her spontaneous numbers on RHT.

But also ... I wouldn't mind if she produced the album entirely on her own. "Hold Tight" was a delight -- one of my favorite tracks on the album -- and she's the only producer credited on it. She doesn't need anyone if she can do something like that on her own.

13 hours ago, Starman said:

Chainsmokers ...

:madno::madno::madno::madno::madno:

These guys churn out the blandest electropop in the industry today. By the time she heads into the studio for M14, they'll already be tossed into the dustbin of yesterday's hacks.

Edited by material_boy

I would love for her to go with a more "authentic" deep house producer and not some pop/dance DJ producer. Like maybe something like Hercules & love affair. She can bring the pop through the songwriting and melodies, there's no need to have some paint-by-numbers top 40 DJ to do it. 

it does not matter who her next producer will be (if there even will be a new studio album in the near future). All I hope is that it will only be one or two co-producers with whom she co-writes and co-produces her songs. Enough with the 10000 songwriters and producers for one song. That would be my wish. 

12 minutes ago, strictmachine said:

I would love for her to go with a more "authentic" deep house producer and not some pop/dance DJ producer. Like maybe something like Hercules & love affair. She can bring the pop through the songwriting and melodies, there's no need to have some paint-by-numbers top 40 DJ to do it. 

Exactly. She was very good at bringing the underground to the pop masses and then when everybody started to do that she kind of strayed from it and she's been paying more attention to what's trending. 

The ship with Hercules & Love Affair has sailed unfortunately. I talked to Andy Butler back in 2013 and he told me that he sent demos to Madonna (he was asked to send some demos actually) but he never got a response. 

Here are my suggestions for a good direction that would be slightly different but I think she could credibly pull off. 

1) downtempo trip hop like Massive Attack or Portishead

2) Alternative R&B like Frank Ocean or Banks, or this new artist named Tei Shi. 

3) Dance mixed with world music like African, Cuban, Jamician, and Brazilian fado beats. 

4) indie pop like Lorde and Lana del Rey. 

Madonna is a contemporary and modern person so norhing too retro. Trendy is not always bad. 

Edited by Glindathegood

1 hour ago, strictmachine said:

She needs to get away from anything straight up dance/house. Been there, done that! 

3 hours ago, Glindathegood said:

Here are my suggestions for a good direction that would be slightly different but I think she could credibly pull off. 

3) Dance mixed with world music like African, Cuban, Jamician, and Brazilian fado beats. 

Madonna is a contemporary and modern person so norhing too retro. Trendy is not always bad. 

yes to everything

Yes I want her to pull a Lana/Lorde/Kesha sound, even something similar to what Adele did with 25, which had great ‘rhythm/pop’ tracks like Send my love to you lover and Water under the bridge.

In fact, I want something like Music or STR (album) 2.0 lotsa lotsa ballads and two/three dance tracks, yep something like Music but new, she can deliver the vocals and it’s better for her because as time goes by she does more ballads/calm songs live and let’s dancey stuff, look at TOAC/RHT.

5 hours ago, Glindathegood said:

I m here for 1 or 3. I think she ll be good with both. 2 and 4 - hell no.

Gus Gus and A. Korzeniowski

11 hours ago, Glindathegood said:

Yes to 1 and 3. 

I'd also love a collaboration with Royksopp or GusGus.

12 hours ago, Glindathegood said:

She needs to get away from anything straight up dance/house. Been there, done that! 

But she hasn't done a real dance album since Confessions. MDNA had its EDM moments and so Rebel Heart but it was dance straight out of the top 40. Can you imagine if she comes out with a good kind of dance that's not been established already? 

8 hours ago, Starman said:

Nothing R&B related, that has been her biggest mistake

She could've made amazing music with Jam and Lewis but you know their cash cow wouldn't have allowed it.

M14: 

Songwriters: Madonna, Patrick Leonard, Joe Henry

Producers: Madonna, Joe Henry

Now let's close this thread. 

Madonna's musical escapism is rooted on Dance music. I don't understand how some fans still insist on something different. Yes the market and the charts are saturated with dance music but lately it seems to be going more towards light pop ( Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber) and alternative r&b, hip hop ( Kendrick Lamar, DJ Khaled). In the meantime some DJ will come along and bring a new revisited kind of EDM ( Diplo, Calvin Harris) and peeps will be excited over it and they will stream it as if it's the second coming. Clearly Madonna needs to jump on a sound before it gets mainstream.