MadonnaNation.com Forums

loowee    0
1 hour ago, Paul said:

Wrong question. Songwriter first, worry about producers later. 

And by the way, NRM is amazing. 

I don't think we need to worry about songwriting though. People may not like the last album but it's undeniable that Rebel Heart is full of beautiful melodies. The ballads are all gorgeous songs. So I'm confident that the songwriting core of her next album won't be the issue. Actually let's not even talk about producers. She needs to fire Demo Castellon first.

Jennifer Dicilveo who wrote and produced Beth Ditto's last album. It would be great for her to work with a female producer and co writer for a change. Jennifer comes from a R&B background but can also do dance, pop and rock so if they worked together the album would be eclectic and unpredictable. 

V.K    0

i was thinkin' abut that the other day,co-producing with a female might bring ineresting things out

Queen Vika    0

If she has to do something along the lines of MDNA & Rebel Heart, then i'm interested in what she can do with BloodPop, Devil Pray was LUSCIOUS.

rocknrolla    0
2 hours ago, tasteinmen said:

Frozen is probably the most haunting song on the album, and was also a huge hit, how one can call it a "basic 80s retread" is beyond me. NRM is also my go-to track on the album recently.

The heart and key thing always reminds me of Open Your Heart, and the song gets repetitive.  They aren't BAD songs, they just feel like Madonna/Pat songs reproduced, while the new ones feel like a completely new direction.

rocknrolla    0
3 hours ago, elijah said:

:wacko::blink::banghead: ok then. I guess we have nothing in common as far as our music tastes go.

Well, you have Drowned World as your favorite song of hers, and that is my favorite song on the album  :smile:

Icykiller    0
2 hours ago, acko said:

Just start writing with ur brother in law

Yes, simple as that. She has the right guy so close to home!!

rocknrolla    0
2 hours ago, loowee said:

I don't think we need to worry about songwriting though. People may not like the last album but it's undeniable that Rebel Heart is full of beautiful melodies. The ballads are all gorgeous songs. So I'm confident that the songwriting core of her next album won't be the issue. Actually let's not even talk about producers. She needs to fire Demo Castellon first.

I'm thinking if she wants another classic album like Like a prayer or ray of light, or even music or confessions she had to worry about vocals, production, songwriting, EVERYTHING.  She and the producers need to put it all together.

Like I thought the best production on the album was on the ridiculous Body Shop, which never should have even been considered for an album. 

rocknrolla    0
3 hours ago, elijah said:

Skin and Sky Fits Heaven are also Leonard co-penned

I do like those MUCH better.  I think the production really makes those, though.  Like Skin as a slow ballad wouldn't have been very exciting.

Curtains    0

She said that she was interested in collaborating with Stromae. He stopped his solo career, however he's still writing songs and producing for a very few artists. His songs are deep and original, and I'd like to see what their collab could lead to.

Otherwise, I really like Boots. His stuff is dark and experimental. I discovered him through his solo work but it seems that he did songs for Beyonce too:

This one sounds kinda Madonna-ish, doesn't it?

And he also does ballads!

The Daft Punk could also work, but I really want something deep and experimental lyrically and sonically speaking, and I know that Boots and Stromae have the skills to do that, and a collaboration with Madonna would be very interesting.

Pedro    0

Cowriters Madonna and Pet Shop Boys 

Producers Madonna, Stuart Price and Pet Shop Boys 

I think this would've amazing with Madonna's voice and Midas touch

Also at 6:40 that would have been after COADF 

Rick Nowels (ROL, Lana Del Rey)

Emile Haynie (Lana)

Arca (Bjork, FKA Twigs, Frank Ocean, Kanye)

William Orbit again

Boots (Beyonce)

Malay (Frank Ocean, Lorde)

Francis and the Lights

Christine and the queens (we know shes a fan)

First things first.

When about to start recording the new album, she should already have a clear focus/direction of what she wants and a theme.

The problem with MDNA is that she wasn’t very invested on it, and the problem with RH was that she recorded around 40 songs and yet she wasn’t sure of what she wanted, that’s why she invited like 8 producers and an army of writers. 

She should go for something like she used to do: two/three writers and two producers like HC/COADF or whichever album before MDNA.

I just want a cohesive album please, and if she wants to put silly/dumb songs put it on the Deluxe version or as bonus tracks so they doesn’t drag the experience of the album and future noms/awards, one bad song can fuck up an album.

And yes to Rick Nowels, Nile Rodgers and Joe Henry.

And if she wants to go full-pop powerhouse I wonder why she never has made a track with the iconic ones: Max Martin, Shellback, Calvin Harris, Dr. Luke. Maybe not the whole album but a few three-four hit tracks. Everything goes down to what she wants for the next album, but sadly I don’t think she will ever go full pop mode so who knows.

erotica blu    0

Mirwais and Pharrell. 12 tracks cohesive thematic grouping of the material with divergent sounds of the producers.

Kurt420    0
9 minutes ago, erotica blu said:

Mirwais and Pharrell. 12 tracks cohesive thematic grouping of the material with divergent sounds of the producers.

This sounds interesting! In one way, In one way, I feel like she and Mirwais reached their full potential together and that anything new they'd do wouldn't match the brilliance of their previous collaboration. On the other hand, I've always loved his sound so why not give it a try? With Pharrell, I've always felt there's so much more they could do together. I feel like his best tracks on HC only scratched the surface of what they'd be capable of with JUST them working together. I know the RH demos they did together weren't either of their bests but I don't think they were awful by any means. I'd like to see them go further with the SNM and Incredible sound they did.....but more updated obviously. I like the instrumental breakdowns, love his funkiness and how he brings out her funkiness.

elijah    0
1 minute ago, Kurt420 said:

This sounds interesting! In one way, In one way, I feel like she and Mirwais reached their full potential together and that anything new they'd do wouldn't match the brilliance of their previous collaboration. On the other hand, I've always loved his sound so why not give it a try? With Pharrell, I've always felt there's so much more they could do together. I feel like his best tracks on HC only scratched the surface of what they'd be capable of with JUST them working together. I know the RH demos they did together weren't either of their bests but I don't think they were awful by any means. I'd like to see them go further with the SNM and Incredible sound they did.....but more updated obviously. I like the instrumental breakdowns, love his funkiness and how he brings out her funkiness.

I don't like Mirwais or Pharrel Madonna collaborations too much. Of course Madge had some great songs with Mirwais on Music but was it at the level of ROL? No way! If anyone should be reconsidered, it should be Leonard, they always stuck gold. With Mirwais it was a fruitless collaboration already on half of AL. I wonder if she could still make smith amazing with Price? I much prefer COADF to Music or AL...

vocalism    0
8 hours ago, elijah said:

:wacko::blink::banghead: ok then. I guess we have nothing in common as far as our music tastes go. Those songs were always highly acclaimed by the critics. Skin and Sky Fits Heaven are also Leonard co-penned

And "Has to Be"! One of the single best things she's ever done.

10 hours ago, Bretticus said:

One producer, all lyrics self written, 10 - 13 tracks maximum. A cohesive project with a clear theme please!

I don't necessarily need all of the lyrics to be self-written. Her lyrical abilities post-K have declined. But I would like her to be intimately involved, yes. And cohesion and length are the two most important elements IMO. 12 tracks or less. Two producers at most. 

4 hours ago, rocknrolla said:

I do like those MUCH better.  I think the production really makes those, though.  Like Skin as a slow ballad wouldn't have been very exciting.

But SFH is just as equally about the songwriting (melody). The chord changes are VERY Pat Leonard. It kind of reminds me of TDDUP.

elijah    0
Just now, vocalism said:

And "Has to Be"! One of the single best things she's ever done.

OH YESSSSS. How could I forget this gem???????????

sul8323    0
5 hours ago, rocknrolla said:

The heart and key thing always reminds me of Open Your Heart, and the song gets repetitive.  They aren't BAD songs, they just feel like Madonna/Pat songs reproduced, while the new ones feel like a completely new direction.

Frozen is amongst Madonna finest five songs ever.  Also, I get no 80's vibe.  It is haunting and poignant.  Gorgeous and lush... and done brilliantly on tour.

I hope that she limits the producers this time.  So many on the last few albums... Cool on one level but unnecessary.  I want full on Madonna and less others.  I love her most current records but I want intimate and our girl... Maybe, she could work with someone completely off the radar.  All female producers might be interesting.  Just saying.  

V.K    0
3 hours ago, mynameisdita said:

Rick Nowels (ROL, Lana Del Rey)

Emile Haynie (Lana)

Arca (Bjork, FKA Twigs, Frank Ocean, Kanye)

William Orbit again

Boots (Beyonce)

Malay (Frank Ocean, Lorde)

Francis and the Lights

Christine and the queens (we know shes a fan)

GREAT list