MadonnaNation.com Forums
Jazzy Jan

Australia's postal vote on marriage equality

2 hours ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Out of nowhere earlier I was wondering when you'd finally find out. Had a feeling it was real soon! So it's just hours away?! Soo rooting for you!! Still CanNOT believe it's Australia dealing with such US centric garbage. Just 5 years ago I DEF would've thought the scenerios would be reversed and for your country this would be beyond old silly news. Best of luck!! And eager to see the results. Even w/ some of the other tedious political BS you were talking about, a win is a WIN even if it's a squeaker. A win esp something this big is ALL about momentum!! sending good luck smooches to you :smooch:along with all the MANY M loving Aussies who are here!! 

Thanks @Ciccone's Cheeks   I know you have loved the Aussies you have met and hopefully tomorrow you still will with the Yes vote winning. ! :kiss2:

:clap::clap: Soo happy not only that it passed but as big as it did!!

One big F U :fuckoff::vomit:to those scum bags witch face Margaret Court and brutally self loathing closet case Tony Abbott. He must be hissing fitting lmao 

The %s are interesting. Almost to a tee what Trumps approval/disapproval are in the States lol. Just shows there may always unfortunately be around 35-40% of the population who are bigots, homophobes etc..but it ain't a majority! Gotta say I was kind of nervous for a hot minute. While I still think this would've passed a year ago , don't think it would've been my as much. Its beyond crystal clear the hateful Bannon/Trump far right 'nationalist' shit trend may be cracking in every way worldwide. 

The big Evangelical mega-church 'Hillsong' that Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez, and a whole load of young Hollywood celebs attend (and hang with all the pastors) was, of course, on the no side -

"Brian Houston, founder of the Australia-based global evangelical megachurch Hillsong has released a letter urging all Christians to vote, saying, “I believe God’s Word is clear that marriage is between a man and a woman,” and adding, “The writings of the apostle Paul in scripture on the subject of homosexuality are also clear, as I have mentioned in previous public statements.”     http://religiondispatches.org/australian-church-leaders-see-marriage-vote-as-battle-for-soul-of-australia-global-lgbt-recap-1030/

Always found it kind of ironic that lots of these young celebs love this church so much...

Felicidades Australia 🇦🇺 

❤️

🧡

💛

💚

💙

💜

What a great day for Australia. Yes vote gets home easily and Australia has just qualified for the World Cup :tigger:

Are we the only 

2 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

What a great day for Australia. Yes vote gets home easily and Australia has just qualified for the World Cup :tigger:

Are we the only Aussies on this board Jazzy? Surely not!

Yay so happy yes won. A little disappointed that the yes vote was not higher and that NSW was one of the worst performers in the country with quite a few No results winning. I am pleased that my area Warringah (Tony Abbotts electorate) voted in favour of yes by 76%!

Whilst we have won the survey vote we have not won the fight as yet and still need the laws changed, but i am so happy that Australia showed it was a progressive nation and not a backwards one.

I have just got home from celebrating in oxford street Sydney, where we marched all the way down oxford street celebrating and the DJ played like a prayer as we marched past St Marys catholic church and the whole crowd sang along and really got into the song. It sounded amazing to hear everyone sing Madonna and celebrate love and praying for equality.

20171115_184357.jpg

20171115_190358.jpg

20171115_193556.jpg

20171115_200249.jpg

All that money wasted, could have just given it to me instead. Congrats 🎊