MadonnaNation.com Forums
Shaun

HOLY TRINITY | MDNA

HOLY TRINITY | MDNA  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your three favorite songs!

4 hours ago, Flip The Switch said:

Falling Free / Beautiful Killer / B-Day Song

:headbang: I've always liked Bday and Superstar! 

Cackling at the Solveig songs flopping! :chuckle: 

This album really should have been produced by the Benassi brothers, William Orbit and possibly someone else...Calvin Harris or something.

I'm loving the love for Some Girls

IF YOU WANNA PLAY THIS GAME WITH ME...

I'M NOT LIKE ALL THE REST, SOME GIRLS ARE 2ND BEST

PUT YA LOVIN' TO THE TEST, YOU'LL SEE!!!

I did not vote for Love Spent because the acoustic version was not in the list and i can't listen to the album version anymore (the mix, the production, it completly kills the song. Why is her voice so compressed ???)

I bet this album as a whole would have been much better received if it would have simply been recorded in "normal" vocals.

My theory is this whole album is about her hiding from her age.  Hiding her face behind the screen on the cover, high pitched fake youthful sounding vocals, young sounding songs.  Like she was trying to convince a new generation she was in her 20s-30s or something.

I Don't Give A // Falling Free // B'Day Song

The inclusion of B'Day Song is a callback to when I loved it. I also know everyone here hates it. Were there room for one more it'd be Love Spent.

1 hour ago, rocknrolla said:

I bet this album as a whole would have been much better received if it would have simply been recorded in "normal" vocals.

My theory is this whole album is about her hiding from her age.  Hiding her face behind the screen on the cover, high pitched fake youthful sounding vocals, young sounding songs.  Like she was trying to convince a new generation she was in her 20s-30s or something.

This. I was so relieved when her real voice returned on Rebel Heart.

11 hours ago, S.E.X. said:

Cackling at the Solveig songs flopping! :chuckle: 

This album really should have been produced by the Benassi brothers, William Orbit and possibly someone else...Calvin Harris or something.

Avicci, as it was intended. Actually it could ve been Avicci and Orbit. Too bad she had 0 time to dedicate to music and was pushing WE all the time. Maybe she should ve waited longer to work with them both and simply release Masterpiece as a soundtrack single.

8 hours ago, rocknrolla said:

Absolutely! 

7 hours ago, LVX said:

This. I was so relieved when her real voice returned on Rebel Heart.

Siiiiiiiii :asian:

6 hours ago, elijah said:

Avicci, as it was intended. Actually it could ve been Avicci and Orbit. Too bad she had 0 time to dedicate to music and was pushing WE all the time. Maybe she should ve waited longer to work with them both and simply release Masterpiece as a soundtrack single.

Not a big fan of Avicii but he was still pretty unknown in 2012. Him, Benassi brothers and Orbit would have been a good mix.

44 minutes ago, S.E.X. said:

Not a big fan of Avicii but he was still pretty unknown in 2012. Him, Benassi brothers and Orbit would have been a good mix.

not a big fan too, but who can deny the greatness of rebel heart the song.... she obviously had chemistry with his writers... check devil pray...

Girl Gone Wild - Love Spent - Masterpiece

Honorable mention: I Fucked Up

Never understood the hate some have for this album. Cuz I like every song? Could be bc I love the tour so damn much, I dunno...Love Spent is definitely on my top 3 because of that epic performance...

5 hours ago, elijah said:

not a big fan too, but who can deny the greatness of rebel heart the song.... she obviously had chemistry with his writers... check devil pray...

His writing team, yes! I give them the most credit honestly. His production though...

This was a really hard one, as I fucking adore this album...and will ALWAYS defend it --

Girl Gone Wild (the "Madonna" I had been waiting for, for so long, was BACK bitches. The video is PERFECTION. And the tour performance sealed the deal as one of her greatest tour openers to one of her greatest tours ever).

Turn Up The Radio (yeah, I said it. Such a fun, summery bop that I truly cannot understand the hatred for. And far better than much of the radio crap ruling the waves then (and now)).

I'm A Sinner  (I don't give a fuck if it's too 'familiar' in sound. Clever, catchy as hell, and the kind of silly, sacrilegious bop I need from M.)

Honorable mentions to Beautiful Killer, Gang Bang, I'm Addicted, SOME GIRLS (yes girl!!!), I Don't Give A, Falling Free...and B-Day Song (yeah, I said it...again). What a fabulous little bop that is!!!  The art direction and photos were clever, colorful, and fun too. Hell, I adore the whole damn album. Haters can truly EAT IT on this one.

tumblr_mcf6cwYksN1rfduvxo1_250.giftumblr_mcf6cwYksN1rfduvxo1_250.gif

On 8/29/2017 at 10:16 PM, Jazzy Jan said:

Well, don't come into the thread then.   I know stacks of people hate this album, but this is the thread where we list our three favourite songs from it.  There are countless other threads on this forum about hating MDNA.

Tell 'em baby!!! 

Amazing how the one album that supposedly so many don't care for is the one that, whenever mentioned, they always have to chime in about. Funny how that is. :newspaper:

On 8/30/2017 at 10:05 PM, rocknrolla said:

pFPyb.gif

This album could use a remastering because it sounds horrible. Madonna's team purposely degraded the whole thing so it sounds optimized when listening to low fidelity streams.

Maybe MDNA should have maintained the original track list even though amazing LS would've have been placed on deluxe. The sequencing of tracks kinda sucks tbh. Feel the original track list was good.