MadonnaNation.com Forums
Hector

Taylor Swift thread

Jester    0

SO GENERIC-2011 song, jesus. Witness the album sounds like Mozart next to it......

MeakMaker    0
9 hours ago, PhillipKyler said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/espn/status/904135246198833152

I'm really liking her second single. Surprised she released it so soon though. The LWYMMD video is getting ridiculous number of views. Watched it for the first time a couple of days ago and it had like 80 million views. It's nearly double that now.

This is why I just don't get all the hype.. she sings songs already heard a million of times. Nothing new, nothing fresh. Lyrically she can be a 12 yo. No message, no voice, no opinion if only to play into the hands of the gullible public ( sweet nice girl Tay Tay is responding to her haters BS). 

Its very telling that she's not setting Europe alight; she is simply way too silly to be completely embraced. I'm not saying she's a bad person or artist because that's not up to me to say in the end.. I just don't get the commotion over an average song with no depth or innovation. 

Jester    0

not this song already #2 οn US ITunes. She is only competing with herself.....

DitaDolla    0
14 minutes ago, Jester said:

not this song already #2 οn US ITunes. She is only competing with herself.....

giphy.webp

Jester    0

this is already #1 on us, maybe it is more radio friendly than Look what shit I do.

Kilt    0
3 hours ago, Jester said:

She just uploaded her opening track from the album, she is kinda rapping in it....:lol2:

Nick    0
28 minutes ago, Kilt said:

Love everyday track from Ariana! Don't like new Taylor song after my first listen. I'm sure there will be a very predictable responses. Her fans will praise & love it while the sjws & black & brown folks on social media will rip it apart. 

TRVC    0

LWYMMD sounds great on the radio

tuckeye    0

i like this song better than LWYMMD

Mozo1    0

It's shite. 

Not surprising. Ms. Vanilla Vadge strikes again. 

LSD    0

Sounds like a track from her last album. Safe corporate product.  

sotos8    0

I don't understand the point of releasing the new song now

Crux    0

Can't believe she's already released the second song off the new album.  I wonder how many more she's planning to shit out before Nov 10TH. :wacko:

MeakMaker    0

its all a marketing ploy to keep momentum. The attention span is at its lowest these days. Today you're the biggest news tomorrow nobody knows who you are. If Taylor manages to keep her name in the press for two weeks in a row she ll get a massive hit with millions of views on YouTube and streams on Spotify. Let's not forget that pop stars are nolonger kids' favourite talk. Reality tv stars are more popular and getting more attention. The have used Swifts feud controversy to cleverly promote her new single and they're hoping the new song will ride on the attention the first single has received. The rules of the game have completely changed. We nolonger have the usual run with first single and then release of album and second single and then third, fourth, etc.. In that respect Madonna's always followed the same order. Todays artists are more likely to release tracks out of nowhere and see what sticks better. 

sotos8    0
43 minutes ago, DitaDolla said:

nicki2.gif

that Nicki is crazy

8 hours ago, Jester said:

SO GENERIC-2011 song, jesus. Witness the album sounds like Mozart next to it......

This! Crazy. Not at all getting why/ how people are 'connecting' and eating up Taylors pure shiate while soo rejecting Katys beyond obviously BETTER music! 

TRVC    0
3 hours ago, DitaDolla said:

nicki2.gif

HAHAHAHA. She's great. 

Skin    0
9 hours ago, MeakMaker said:

It's all just from a marketing stand point.  Once you voice a legit opinion you automatically alienate a chunk of your fan base.  Only real artists with real artistic integrity voice their opinions loud .  That's why it cracks me up when people say Madonna has stuck around because of controversy .  

A: Most of the time she took a stand and ruffled feathers she commercially took a hit.  She obviously doesn't care. 

B.  She has gone out of her way to piss basic people off and we know the vast majority of people are basic and feeble minded so yet again, Madonna being an unapologetic bitch has done herself no favors.  And thank the world for that. 

vocalism    0
7 hours ago, sotos8 said:

I don't understand the point of releasing the new song now

Yeah it's weird. There's more than two months until the album drops so this feels a little soon, especially since the first single and video literally just came out a week ago. There must be some strategy. 

7 hours ago, LSD said:

Sounds like a track from her last album. Safe corporate product.  

I don't think it sounds anything like the last album. It's much more hip-hop. I mean, she's almost rapping. 

mnino    0

New song is much better. She's saving face to stop bad buzz. It's selling but they know it is not generating the kind of narrative they planned.