MadonnaNation.com Forums
Hector

Taylor Swift thread

tuckeye    0

that's sad that she will be remembered forever based on her sales and popularity with teen white girls. 

todsmod    0
6 hours ago, Kim said:

I quite like the video :nocomment:

It kind of is a "guilty pleasure"!  :naughty:

Jazzy Jan    0
5 hours ago, Crystal Coffin said:

GAGA IS THE REAL ENEMY. TAYLOR THE ARYAN QUEEN CAN STAY AND SLAY :rotfl: 

It is like choosing between Hitler and Stalin !   Can't stand either of them. 

1 hour ago, Jazzy Jan said:

At least Taylor is kinda good at being bad. Gaga on the other hand is BAD EVEN AT BEING BAD. 

rocknrolla    0
6 hours ago, Aime said:

That doesn't even make sense, unless you're implying that people only buy/stream her song because they're bored of Despacito (which is all kinds of ?!?!). Yes, her iTunes bar wouldn't be as big but she's still gonna sell 400k this week (a huge number for the dying download format), she's still breaking streaming records etc. The track isn't just big for a first single, it's HUGE. No one in the GP cares about her points on Billboard Hot 100, it's the Spotify/ Youtube numbers they're gonna use for publicity. And she'd still have them even if her song was released 4 weeks ago.

Also, neither Thriller nor LAP are the biggest tracks in Mike's / M's discographies, so it wouldn't take much to beat them. I mean, isn't TAB her most successful single on Hot 100? Thriller didn't even go top3. It's their iconic status that elevates them above 99,999999999....% tracks in the history of music, and I haven't seen anyone claim that Spotify plays have anything to do with that (if they did, they're just dumb, so why even talk about it?).

I think the single isn't really selling that much is it? It is youtube views she is killing.

It's all hype.  I have NEVER watched a Taylor Swift video in my life, but I checked it out because of all the hype.  I don't watch Katy Perry videos or anything like that either.  She won't be able to sustain this.

rocknrolla    0
1 hour ago, Jazzy Jan said:

at least Taylor is not insulting Madonna in interviews, trying to erase her legacy, or slamming her in some boring documentary

Jazzy Jan    0
Just now, rocknrolla said:

at least Taylor is not insulting Madonna in interviews, trying to erase her legacy, or slamming her in some boring documentary

Yes,  we know that Gaga is a shady bitch about Madonna.   No one is denying that or defending Gaga.   But to ignore everything that Taylormort stands for because she is not Gaga, does not wash with me.  

VogueMusic    0
On 8/28/2017 at 9:59 PM, Jazzy Jan said:

Why do you love someone for being a horrible, manipulative, petty.,cunty  mean girl ? I can understand if you say you love her music or find her attractive whatever but can't get my head around people loving someone for being a horrible person.  Just interested in why people admire Taylor for being such a vicious mean girl. 

:clap::clap::clap:

15 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Supporting Regina George because she is pissing off Ghastly Gaga and her monsters is weird. As Taylormort becomes more successful and influential every day, soon she will be considered the biggest female music star ever.  I can see it happening.  Unlike Gaga, the GP are believing the hype about her.  They forgive her even when she is being a total manipulative snake bitch. People openly admit to loving her being a total cunt as we call her. She is the only female star I know who is celebrated for being both a victim and being an evil bitch.

:horn:

6 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Yes,  we know that Gaga is a shady bitch about Madonna.   No one is denying that or defending Gaga.   But to ignore everything that Taylormort stands for because she is not Gaga, does not wash with me.  

:old:

god bless you Jazzy.

I swear, all this "I don't really buy her as this evil girl" or "it's just rumor" is, quite frankly, straight up bull. Like we're just making this shit up. More inclined to believe all sorts of things about Gaga, but not about Taylor. Yeah, right...'rather transparent, wouldn't you say?' 

Like I said before, it's like being in The Twilight Zone. And it's only gonna get worse...

Well this bitch ain't getting soft. 

7a77b4eff49e2758b9d49ba7fee25f39--the-go

Jester    0

Taylor Swift really looks up to Madonna. She turned to full pop music in 2014 after listening Like a Prayer. And she thrived and as it seems she is the leader in the game as we speak.

vocalism    0
6 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

:clap::clap::clap:

:horn:

:old:

god bless you Jazzy.

I swear, all this "I don't really buy her as this evil girl" or "it's just rumor" is, quite frankly, straight up bull. Like we're just making this shit up. More inclined to believe all sorts of things about Gaga, but not about Taylor. Yeah, right...'rather transparent, wouldn't you say?' 

Like I said before, it's like being in The Twilight Zone. And it's only gonna get worse...

Well this bitch ain't getting soft. 

7a77b4eff49e2758b9d49ba7fee25f39--the-go

I'm personally skeptical of everything in the media/blogs/etc. regardless of who it's about. There's no doubt Taylor is vindictive and catty, but I still don't see what the big deal was about the Kimye thing and nothing she's done has been anywhere near as calculatedly malicious and delusional as the things Gaga has done and said. The talk on here in recent months about how how she singlehandedly ruined Katy's career, etc. was just silly. 

12 hours ago, rocknrolla said:

Exactly.

20 hours ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

It actually still is lol. I mean may still  be the effect of the video. Prior to the video the song was bleeding in red. It's barely been 2 days since it premiered. GP is loving it and she's killing it with views and publicity. ANY other singer..forget #1...this wouldn't even chart on iTunes bubbling under (or 1000) or whatever lol. If she released this many weeks ago it still would've taken down Luis or anyone w/out effort. But she snaked up her game and truly waited for Luis to be like 90% deflated on its own so she could come in suck up the remaining 10% and inflate her own shitty song to make it look as big as Thriller, Like A Prayer, etc...lol Again, NO competition in sight. Zero. Good video. GPs thinks its this masterpiece lol and are eating it up. So how could she not be miles ahead now and for many weeks to come. Yes, still better than GAGA but want Cardi B/M loon to snatch her #1 wig (Meghan Trainer style soon) LOL

I don't doubt that labels strategically plan based on other releases, but I'm not sure it was that precise. I think this was coming out before the VMAs either way. Maybe they waited a week or two, but people have also said they waited for that lawsuit to be over and done with. You can only micromanage so much. There are lots of factors and it takes time to plan everything so it has synchronicity. 

20 hours ago, tuckeye said:

i mean, by next year we won't even remember the lyrics to this song. it's disposable bubble gum. enjoy it while it lasts. 

Not so sure about that. This isn't exactly a Beyonce song, but I feel like there's plenty of meme potential to keep this in people's minds for a while.

19 hours ago, Aime said:

That doesn't even make sense, unless you're implying that people only buy/stream her song because they're bored of Despacito (which is all kinds of ?!?!). Yes, her iTunes bar wouldn't be as big but she's still gonna sell 400k this week (a huge number for the dying download format), she's still breaking streaming records etc. The track isn't just big for a first single, it's HUGE. No one in the GP cares about her points on Billboard Hot 100, it's the Spotify/ Youtube numbers they're gonna use for publicity. And she'd still have them even if her song was released 4 weeks ago.

Also, neither Thriller nor LAP are the biggest tracks in Mike's / M's discographies, so it wouldn't take much to beat them. I mean, isn't TAB her most successful single on Hot 100? Thriller didn't even go top3. It's their iconic status that elevates them above 99,999999999....% tracks in the history of music, and I haven't seen anyone claim that Spotify plays have anything to do with that (if they did, they're just dumb, so why even talk about it?).

It's crazy that we've reached the point where digital downloads are a dying format. What's after streaming? Injecting a song into your brain?

26 minutes ago, Jester said:

Taylor Swift really looks up to Madonna. She turned to full pop music in 2014 after listening Like a Prayer. And she thrived and as it seems she is the leader in the game as we speak.

Well that's not hard to do in a sea of such mediocrity that is the current state of the music industry.

LSD    0
12 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

"At Least She's Not Gaga: The Taylor Swift Story". Such high praise indeed :demonic:

The word "Gaga" has appeared in this thread over 50 times already, actually :lmao:

Jazzy Jan    0

12 minutes ago, LSD said:

"At Least She's Not Gaga: The Taylor Swift Story". Such high praise indeed :demonic:

The word "Gaga" has appeared in this thread over 50 times already, actually :lmao:

I know.  It seems that useless Gaga has taken over this thread.   Taylor is the most discussed pop star in the World at the moment. Everywhere people are talking about her video, her underhand ways, the lyrics of her songs etc. Love her or hate her or be indifferent to her, but she is the one princess who should be discussed at this very moment.  Yet, we have to go over and over about how much we instead prefer her to Ghastly Gaga in this thread.  :wacko:

Jester    0

Lets hope this album is not full of diss tracks.

tuckeye    0

taylor taylor taylor taylor taylor

lol that should boost her count

Jester    0

her song will debut #1 in US, UK, Canada, Australia, a global smash.  But we should see if this is frontloaded hyped lead single or a shape of you. Not this digusting diss track being played everywhere, it makes cool promoting hate speech these days.....

jonski43    0
2 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

I know.  It seems that useless Gaga has taken over this thread.   Taylor is the most discussed pop star in the World at the moment. Everywhere people are talking about her video, her underhand ways, the lyrics of her songs etc. Love her or hate her or be indifferent to her, but she is the one princess who should be discussed at this very moment.  Yet, we have to go over and over about how much we instead prefer her to Ghastly Gaga in this thread.  :wacko:

But I find Taylor so boring. Her songs are meh, her act is meh. 

Ironically, Gaga's thread often used to get sidetracked onto food. 

And the Latoya thread used to occasionally mention Michael's sister (not Rebbie) Janette.

So how is "look what my lady humps made me do" doing?

sotos8    0

I just managed to watch the video , my verdict ? shit song shit video

Django    0
23 minutes ago, V.K said:

I have no idea what Swift’s politics are (she seems to have been widely excoriated for keeping her vote private, which is obviously her right), but I’ve heard enough of her songs over the years so that of course I know what her politics are: I win, but for the record I’m the victim of haters and losers.

BINGO!

I'm sorry if Gaga keeps popping up here but the matter of fact is that the media are not going hard on Gaga as much as they do on Swshit when EVERYTHING they write against Swshit is what Gaga is and does and that really pisses me off. Gaga comes from an even more priviledged background. Maybe we don't care as much for Taylor in europe because she really is not a big deal and not pushed down our throats like she is in the us and australia apparently (hi Jan sweetie <3) because she really isn't. At least gaga was something here around 2009/2011. Taylor ? Never. I think she's this generation's Janet in terms of popularity within VS outside the USA.

To widen the conversation what about today's pop stars being from super wealthy backgrounds like Swift, Gaga and Sheeran ? Our heroes came from broken homes, difficult childhood and poverty, compare these 3 to Michael's, Prince's and Madonna's background (not even talking about Bowie, the Beatles, Kurt Cobain, 2pac, Mary j. blige and even Mariah). It shows in their art and passion. Even Beyonce grew up in wealth even though her father was a crook he provided large (remember her early declaration comparing her background favourably to the ones of the Jacksons that was totally inappropriate and mean ?). These popstars are pushed by their parents who were more than supportive (as if they are living their dreams through their kids). Madonna could sing "Live to tell" or "Oh father" because it was coming from a place of hurt. Their backgrounds is also what drew a lot of people to these pop stars. Now they are resumed to unearth a dead aunt they did not even know to playing the victim of nasty games they intrigued in the first place (there's a name for that : narcissistic perversion). these popstars don't make us dream because they remind us that we live in the 1% world and not the american dream symbolized by Prince, Michael and Madonna. These 3 became the biggest popstars not only because of their talents but because they overcame so many boundaries to get where they were. Prince was height challenged, too feminine and from a place where blacks and black music was non existent. Michael broke the walls of colour and Madonna was a woman IN CHARGE of her destiny. These things we take for granted today were totally broken by these 3. Prince and Michael managed to be played on white radios and Madonna on urban ones. Michael and Prince were no machos in the way they presented themselves, of course Bowie gave the first hit on these walls but he was english and in America his extravagances were seen as a british thing. Madonna, Prince and Michael changed the way pop music treated gender, sex, colours because they were hungry, because they had no back up. Michael suffered at the hands of his father to get his family out of poverty. Prince was abandonned by both his mother and father in his teens. He waited hours outside his father's house to let him back in, he said that was the last time he cried. His father did not let him back in and he went to live at friend's. Madonna lost her mother at 5 and according to her brother they grew up in a family that was not loving, not that her father was mean but he was cold and siblings were rivals for his attention. She also had to fight the dogmas that were pushed on her, belittling her because she was female in a catholic home. The role she was supposed to play was not what she aspired to. All this transfered into their art because they lived and still struggled with it. 

vocalism    0
1 hour ago, Roland Barthes said:

I'm sorry if Gaga keeps popping up here but the matter of fact is that the media are not going hard on Gaga as much as they do on Swshit when EVERYTHING they write against Swshit is what Gaga is and does and that really pisses me off. Gaga comes from an even more priviledged background. Maybe we don't care as much for Taylor in europe because she really is not a big deal and not pushed down our throats like she is in the us and australia apparently (hi Jan sweetie <3) because she really isn't. At least gaga was something here around 2009/2011. Taylor ? Never. I think she's this generation's Janet in terms of popularity within VS outside the USA.

To widen the conversation what about today's pop stars being from super wealthy backgrounds like Swift, Gaga and Sheeran ? Our heroes came from broken homes, difficult childhood and poverty, compare these 3 to Michael's, Prince's and Madonna's background (not even talking about Bowie, the Beatles, Kurt Cobain, 2pac, Mary j. blige and even Mariah). It shows in their art and passion. Even Beyonce grew up in wealth even though her father was a crook he provided large (remember her early declaration comparing her background favourably to the ones of the Jacksons that was totally inappropriate and mean ?). These popstars are pushed by their parents who were more than supportive (as if they are living their dreams through their kids). Madonna could sing "Live to tell" or "Oh father" because it was coming from a place of hurt. Their backgrounds is also what drew a lot of people to these pop stars. Now they are resumed to unearth a dead aunt they did not even know to playing the victim of nasty games they intrigued in the first place (there's a name for that : narcissistic perversion). these popstars don't make us dream because they remind us that we live in the 1% world and not the american dream symbolized by Prince, Michael and Madonna. These 3 became the biggest popstars not only because of their talents but because they overcame so many boundaries to get where they were. Prince was height challenged, too feminine and from a place where blacks and black music was non existent. Michael broke the walls of colour and Madonna was a woman IN CHARGE of her destiny. These things we take for granted today were totally broken by these 3. Prince and Michael managed to be played on white radios and Madonna on urban ones. Michael and Prince were no machos in the way they presented themselves, of course Bowie gave the first hit on these walls but he was english and in America his extravagances were seen as a british thing. Madonna, Prince and Michael changed the way pop music treated gender, sex, colours because they were hungry, because they had no back up. Michael suffered at the hands of his father to get his family out of poverty. Prince was abandonned by both his mother and father in his teens. He waited hours outside his father's house to let him back in, he said that was the last time he cried. His father did not let him back in and he went to live at friend's. Madonna lost her mother at 5 and according to her brother they grew up in a family that was not loving, not that her father was mean but he was cold and siblings were rivals for his attention. She also had to fight the dogmas that were pushed on her, belittling her because she was female in a catholic home. The role she was supposed to play was not what she aspired to. All this transfered into their art because they lived and still struggled with it. 

THIS. And Katy Perry too. All of the bad press Katy got was credited to Taylor Swift on this board for some reason. The media ALWAYS goes after women for everything. But not Gaga.  :confused: