MadonnaNation.com Forums
Hector

Taylor Swift thread

Taylor Swift’s "Reputation" sold 925,000 copies from Friday through Sunday — already the best opening week of 2017

16 hours ago, jaron said:

Taylor Swift’s "Reputation" sold 925,000 copies from Friday through Sunday — already the best opening week of 2017

And because her fans are acting as if she's the Messiah of album sales, I'm back to loathing her :wacko:

Dont care what they (everyone payoled, threatened etc..) say this era is a stinker, next to NO legit buzz, no legit hit single in the top 10, 1st single came/went then flushed down the toilet like a missile, hot mess with what the 2nd single even is lol. Yeah she'll get the #1s but w.out all the bullshit, media and her machine, this is seperate/equal to what happened to Katy (who still had waay hotter jams than this dumpster of an album by Taylor lol). F week 1. Cant wait to see what week 2 and 3 look like. Beyond duh! the first week #s are gonna be massively front loaded, exaggerated, fabricated etc..Watch, she'll initially end up 'only' selling 1 million-ish then (like Gagas Super Bowl performance...the least watched to #1 or #2 lol) Taylor will somehow crack 2 million lol. Fake news, scam world we live in now. Only her retarded sheep squad and the media  care now. The GP does not. 

2 hours ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Dont care what they (everyone payoled, threatened etc..) say this era is a stinker, next to NO legit buzz, no legit hit single in the top 10, 1st single came/went then flushed down the toilet like a missile, hot mess with what the 2nd single even is lol. Yeah she'll get the #1s but w.out all the bullshit, media and her machine, this is seperate/equal to what happened to Katy (who still had waay hotter jams than this dumpster of an album by Taylor lol). F week 1. Cant wait to see what week 2 and 3 look like. Beyond duh! the first week #s are gonna be massively front loaded, exaggerated, fabricated etc..Watch, she'll initially end up 'only' selling 1 million-ish then (like Gagas Super Bowl performance...the least watched to #1 or #2 lol) Taylor will somehow crack 2 million lol. Fake news, scam world we live in now. Only her retarded sheep squad and the media  care now. The GP does not. 

THIS.

The bad bitch character is so cringey. She is the definition of corporate prostitute(the term was coined by Slob). Somehow she managed to captivate middle America for a whole decade. Lets hope this era turns into an utter mess ala Born This Way.

12 hours ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

No worries, her Born This Way era is upon us. In the sense that it was Fraudga's last album with decent sales YET had the help of payola, discounts and streaming services

17 hours ago, Marco said:

And because her fans are acting as if she's the Messiah of album sales, I'm back to loathing her :wacko:

I honestly never knew her most hardcore fans were this cringey and awful until recently. Just liking her songs is one thing but praising her for being a FAKE bad ass is retarded. She has no interesting or new ideas for pop.

19 hours ago, Marco said:

Where are you guys even exposed to her fans? I'm honestly barely aware of any of her dramas, who she's dating, etc. aside from what I read on here. I guess maybe I'd hate her too if I was.

35 minutes ago, Hector said:

Was this posted already?

Taylor Swift’s Persona Is Not Built For 2017

https://www.buzzfeed.com/alannabennett/taylor-swift-persona-2017-reputation?utm_term=.ix73BY7JP#.ftkq1xvmL

Think the article holds some truth for sure. Just think that toilet is such an all around easy target to criticize, especially for progressive media. Wish they would also criticize Bey and caca when it’s warranted instead of being 100% about identity politics. It all becomes too predictable. 

18 hours ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Thank You!

Tay Tay has a loyal, sizeable fanbase that would buy anything she puts out but you are correct that the GP doesn't care for this era.

At least most people liked "Shake it off" and "Bad Blood" well enough.

This time around, it's different. Two flop unremarkable singles that no one will remember by the time next year rolls around.

I don't see this album having longevity.

Apart from the songs "Dress" "Delicate" "New Years Eve" and "Getaway Car" which are actually quite good I found the album to be unlistenable at parts. That being said if someone as mediocre as swift broke M's record I think it's safe to say we'd all be PISSED. I've come to terms with the fact that Beyonce most likely will break the record (unless M does a farewell tour) but Swift?

6 hours ago, Nick said:

I honestly never knew her most hardcore fans were this cringey and awful until recently. Just liking her songs is one thing but praising her for being a FAKE bad ass is retarded. She has no interesting or new ideas for pop.

I liked this album mostly cause it resembles 1989. Her earlier music and personality remain tragic lol

2 hours ago, StrawberryBounce12 said:

Thank You!

Tay Tay has a loyal, sizeable fanbase that would buy anything she puts out but you are correct that the GP doesn't care for this era.

At least most people liked "Shake it off" and "Bad Blood" well enough.

This time around, it's different. Two flop unremarkable singles that no one will remember by the time next year rolls around.

I don't see this album having longevity.

I don't know. This album reminds me a little bit of Rihanna's Rated R. And don't forget that Beyonce's second album kind of stumbled out of the gate too. I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up like BTW and dropping fast, but there are more radio-friendly songs (like "Delicate") that could help it rebound. 

Have they decided on the second single or are they following the train wreck Chart Flop era by seeing what shit sticks?

2 hours ago, jonski43 said:

Have they decided on the second single or are they following the train wreck Chart Flop era by seeing what shit sticks?

According to Wikipedia, "End Game" is listed as released today. No idea what that means though. It's one of the weaker songs on the album. 

I am liking the album. Still think 1989 > but this may change. I was wrong judging Gorgeous before but I am loving it now.

On 11/14/2017 at 4:11 AM, Marco said:

I hate how many proudly use the term Stan. Wasn't that a term created in honor of an Eminem song about a fan taking his lyrics too far? 

But as a Catholic person I hate when they refer to their faves as Gods. It's so cringeworthy lol

I don't pay attention to this stan culture. I will like music regardless of what any hardcore fanbase will say. The exception is the Mongsters because they are scum.

6 hours ago, jonski43 said:

Exactly. The paid off media, her $limy machine and her crazed squad could spin it all they want but there has NOT been any legit, memorable hit single so far! lol. Sorry... but Kesha's 4 month old Praying (even with its #22 peak) is 10x more of a hit w/ longevity, all over the radio and still gaining and impactful than LWYMMD and all the other turds she's pooped out/buzz singles/see what sticks etc.. lol.

Streaming is what's barricading actual hit worthy songs now from charting where they deserve. Pre streaming, Praying would absolutely be around top 10 now and LWYMMD would've debuted at #1 then prob fallen out of the top 40 3 weeks later lol. This era is all over the place like any textbook flop/botched era. One minute 'Ready For It' is the 2nd single, next minute it's not lol. Yet, it's out there getting radio play and floating around on iTunes. Mess.

Already bracing myself for the 1 million-ish to end up 'exceeding initial expectations' etc..and end up selling 2.7 million LOL. 

12 hours ago, 5iVe Elements said:

I don't pay attention to this stan culture. I will like music regardless of what any hardcore fanbase will say. The exception is the Mongsters because they are scum.

Oh, I try to avoid stan culture as well but sometimes it’s impossible to do so. I find myself unfollowing so many gays on IG cause they always post about Cuntga

Yeah both 1989 and Reputation are really good pop albums although 1989 is vastly superior