Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums
Hector

Taylor Swift thread

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, MeakMaker said:

It's crystal clear that white America is buying her records. No wonder she would rather sue a blog no body has even ever heard of for claiming she's some sort of Aryan queen pondering to the alt right than actually release a statement condemning the KKK and the alt right movements. She will attack anybody from Kanye West to Kim Kardashian to her ex lovers to unknown critics but she will never say anything bad about the alt right. That's her fan base after all.  She represents exactly what's wrong with America.

In my eyes she's the anti Madonna. 

Her songs are as catchy as uninspiring. Exactly what white America wants in these times. No wonder the Aryan queen story was largely suppressed by the media. Just like Gaga and Beyoncé Tay Tay can rely on her huge network of blind promotion: she's a symbol of feminism; she's selling for millions breaking all records; shes got all rights to expose her lovers through her music; she's not being mean and vindictive she's defending herself and being sincere; she's an humble singer/ songwriter of country origins.  But have we ever heard anybody saying anything slightly bad about this woman? 

THIS. THIS. THIS.

 

 

4 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

It is such a tactic. She gets exposed as a snake, lays low and then comes back embracing it.  Her team would of worked overtime on this. However, she writes song lyrics trashing those who called her out so obviously she is cut up about it. 

Agree though Jonski. These stupid victim playing girls have no idea what bad press is like.  They react so much because they are used to being fawned over.  

It's incredibly transparent. Amazing how many fall for it.

 

 

4 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

Swift and Gaga are two of the worst pop stars to ever exist. Both play the vicim card while simultaneously trying to act like these empowering feminists. They come across as bully's, bitches, and mean girls with the constant need to address every insult lobbed at them. Just like our current 'President'. It's tiring and trite, not too mention unimaginably immature. The only only thing these two teach young girls (and twinks) is that it's A-ok to be mean, finger waving  blowhard as long as they're the one who 'started it'. I have zero respect for them. 

I mean, can you IMAGINE if Madonna addressed EVERY single insult she's had thrown at her during her career? She doesn't. Which is why she stands out one of the classiest acts around. She didn't even take the bait from the foamed mouth porker, Elton John. And I'm sure that took a lot. 

As for the album? I don't think it's BAD by any means. There's a few songs on there I may return back to. But it's nothing special. And it certainly doesn't warrant the kind of reviews I've been reading. I find it tragic that she's getting these kind of accolades for being such a great 'songwriter'. Are you fucking kidding me? Taylor Swift? When you write about petty tabloid squabbles, that doesn't make you a poet, it makes a self absorbed narcissist. And this country just eats it up. 

THIS a million fucking times!!!!!!!   Brilliantly stated.

giphy.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LSD said:

 

Beyuki will have a good time laughing at the joke level of this work and think how  superior her lemonade is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2017 at 7:31 AM, swimtoshore said:

 

 

she has an excellent team that ‘controls’ the messaging about her, very much including album reviews. I would say the veneer has shown some signs of cracking recently with less enthusiastic radio play and some criticism of her singles releases in the media, but this week’s album reviews are right back on track....

“Wonder why all the butt kissing tabloids gave such glowing reviews to that new album by the A+ list singer? If they wrote anything negative there would be no exclusive interviews or any access at all to her or her events. Sounds about par for her. There were even two publications that I know of that submitted their review to her people in advance to make sure it was acceptable. Taylor Swift”

I think all of the criticisms about Taylor's personality, tactics, songwriting, etc. are all valid and worth discussing. BUT this blind item is basically describing the entire industry for years, PERIOD. (See here for one especially offensive instance: http://www.vulture.com/2017/06/chance-the-rapper-got-mtv-news-to-remove-a-critical-review.html). It's not specific to Taylor. Using the promise of positive coverage to land an exclusive interview is nothing new. As I mentioned earlier and was ignored or dismissed, it doesn't mean her reviews were "paid for," at least not anymore than anyone else's. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Nikki said:

all of the hit singles are about that. post other more introspective or poetic lyrics then if she's oh so talented at it.

I don't think she's the greatest songwriter on Earth so whatever the press says about that, I don't take it as truth. I make my own judgment. But I'm not going to deny she has good songs for it.

To indulge your request...

(about Hollywood)

"The Lucky One"
 

New to town with a made up name in the angel's city,
Chasing fortune and fame.
And the camera flashes, make it look like a dream.

You had it figured out since you were in school.
Everybody loves pretty, everybody loves cool.
So overnight you look like a sixties’ queen.

Another name goes up in lights, like diamonds in the sky.

And they’ll tell you now, you’re the lucky one.
Yeah, they’ll tell you now, you’re the lucky one.
But can you tell me now, you’re the lucky one, oh, oh, oh...

Now it’s big black cars, and Riviera views,
And your lover in the foyer doesn't even know you
And your secrets end up splashed on the news front page.

And they tell you that you’re lucky.
But you’re so confused,
'Cause you don’t feel pretty, you just feel used.
And all the young things line up to take your place.

Another name goes up in lights. You wonder if you’ll make it out alive.

And they’ll tell you now, you’re the lucky one.
Yeah, they’ll tell you now, you’re the lucky one.
Can you tell me now, you’re the lucky one, oh, oh, oh.

It was a few years later, I showed up here.
And they still tell the legend of how you disappeared,
How you took the money and your dignity, and got the hell out.
They say you bought a bunch of land somewhere,
Chose the Rose Garden over Madison Square,
And it took some time, but I understand it now.

‘Cause now my name is up in lights, but I think you got it right,

Let me tell you now, you’re the lucky one.
Let me tell you now, you’re the lucky one.
Let me tell you now, you’re the lucky one, oh, oh, oh.

Yeah they’ll tell you now, you’re the lucky one.
Yeah, they’ll tell you now, you’re the lucky one.
And they’ll tell you now, you’re the lucky one, oh, oh, oh.
Oh, whoa, oh, oh
 
(about a love you didn't see coming)
 
"State Of Grace"
 
I'm walking fast through the traffic lights
Busy streets and busy lives
And all we know
Is touch and go
We are alone with our changing minds
We fall in love 'til it hurts or bleeds or fades in time

And I never (never) saw you coming
And I'll never (never) be the same

You come around and the armor falls
Pierce the room like a cannonball
Now all we know is don't let go
We are alone, just you and me
Up in your room and our slates are clean
Just twin fire signs
Four blue eyes

So you were never a saint
And I’ve loved in shades of wrong
We learn to live with the pain
Mosaic broken hearts
But this love is brave and wild

And I never (never) {[x8:] Oh oh, oh oh oh-oh-oh-ooh} saw you coming
And I'll never (never) be the same

This is a state of grace
This is the worthwhile fight
Love is a ruthless game
Unless you play it good and right
These are the hands of fate
You're my Achilles heel
This is the golden age of something good and right and real

And I never (never) saw you coming
And I'll never (never) be the same

And I never (never) {[x8:] Oh oh, oh oh oh-oh-oh-ooh} saw you coming
And I'll never (never) be the same

This is a state of grace
This is the worthwhile fight
Love is a ruthless game
Unless you play it good and right
 
"Clean"
(feat. Imogen Heap)
 
The drought was the very worst
When the flowers that we'd grown together died of thirst
It was months and months of back and forth
You're still all over me like a wine-stained dress I can't wear anymore

Hung my head as I lost the war
and the sky turned black like a perfect storm

Rain came pouring down when I was drowning
That's when I could finally breathe
And by morning gone was any trace of you,
I think I am finally clean

There was nothing left to do
When the butterflies turned to dust that covered my whole room
So I punched a hole in the roof
Let the flood carry away all my pictures of you

The water filled my lungs
I screamed so loud but no one heard a thing

Rain came pouring down when I was drowning
That's when I could finally breathe
And by morning gone was any trace of you,
I think I am finally clean
I think I am finally clean
Said I think I am finally clean

10 months sober, I must admit
Just because you're clean don't mean you don't miss it
10 months older, I won't give in
Now that I'm clean I'm never gonna risk it

The drought was the very worst
When the flowers that we'd grown together died of thirst

Rain came pouring down when I was drowning
That's when I could finally breathe
And by morning gone was any trace of you,
I think I am finally clean

Rain came pouring down when I was drowning
That's when I could finally breathe
And by morning gone was any trace of you
I think I am finally clean
Finally clean
Think I'm finally clean
Think I'm finally clean
 
 
There's more but if you really are open, listen to her non-singles discography. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

4 hours ago, Marco said:

I doubt Beyoncé listens to Slob whom she's worked with, let alone Taylor :chuckle:

:lmao: She has probably erased Video Phone from her memory

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

Swift and Gaga are two of the worst pop stars to ever exist. Both play the vicim card while simultaneously trying to act like these empowering feminists. They come across as bully's, bitches, and mean girls with the constant need to address every insult lobbed at them. Just like our current 'President'. It's tiring and trite, not too mention unimaginably immature. The only only thing these two teach young girls (and twinks) is that it's A-ok to be mean, finger waving  blowhard as long as they're the one who 'started it'. I have zero respect for them. 

I mean, can you IMAGINE if Madonna addressed EVERY single insult she's had thrown at her during her career? She doesn't. Which is why she stands out one of the classiest acts around. She didn't even take the bait from the foamed mouth porker, Elton John. And I'm sure that took a lot. 

As for the album? I don't think it's BAD by any means. There's a few songs on there I may return back to. But it's nothing special. And it certainly doesn't warrant the kind of reviews I've been reading. I find it tragic that she's getting these kind of accolades for being such a great 'songwriter'. Are you fucking kidding me? Taylor Swift? When you write about petty tabloid squabbles, that doesn't make you a poet, it makes a self absorbed narcissist. And this country just eats it up. 

:clap:   @KalamazooJay you hit the nail on the head in every way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 5iVe Elements said:

 

:lmao: She has probably erased Video Phone from her memory

I doubt she erased it. Don’t think Bey probably has the greatest taste in music even though Lemonade is a good album. She’s very manufactured as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, LSD said:

 

Beyonca has no idea what good music should sound like. Just listen to her post Destiny’s child discography. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is her fan base so fucking salty and pressed all the time? It’s this kind of shit that makes me dislike her as a person even more because she claims to address bullying and scrutiny yet when her stans attack other fandoms she sits still

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She announced stadium dates for USA. She will also  tour UK/Ireland and will skip mainland Europe. Local confirmed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I swear to God, if someone like Taylor Swift ever breaks Madonna’s S&S record...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Shaun said:

I swear to God, if someone like Taylor Swift ever breaks Madonna’s S&S record...

It took Taylor Swift almost a DECADE to become successful in merely a few European countries. She's huge in the U.K. and the U.S. but practically non-existent in other areas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Marco said:

It took Taylor Swift almost a DECADE to become successful in merely a few European countries. She's huge in the U.K. and the U.S. but practically non-existent in other areas

I don't think she's that popular in the U.K. though. Not anymore anyway. Her latest album -Reputation- and singles are not hugely promoted here. At the moment Rita Ora and Camilla Cabello have more star power than Taylor Swift. In fact I would go as far as to say she's flopping hard in the UK. She only has one song in the top 40 and it's at 29. I hear Selena Gomez and even newcomer Dua Lipa a lot on the radio. Even Ann Marie seems to have more airplay than Swift at this stage. Taylor was always on the radio with Red and 1989 but this time she's definitely not having same impact. Sorry for the Swifties here 😂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

I don't think she's that popular in the U.K. though. Not anymore anyway. Her latest album -Reputation- and singles are not hugely promoted here. At the moment Rita Ora and Camilla Cabello have more star power than Taylor Swift. In fact I would go as far as to say she's flopping hard in the UK. She only has one song in the top 40 and it's at 29. I hear Selena Gomez and even newcomer Dua Lipa a lot on the radio. Even Ann Marie seems to have more airplay than Swift at this stage. Taylor was always on the radio with Red and 1989 but this time she's definitely not having same impact. Sorry for the Swifties here 😂 

Really? I have a friend who lives in Scotland and she told me she's tired of hearing Ready for It on the radio lol

Regardless, her star power was never global. She's more of a local act

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Marco said:

Why is her fan base so fucking salty and pressed all the time? It’s this kind of shit that makes me dislike her as a person even more because she claims to address bullying and scrutiny yet when her stans attack other fandoms she sits still

Because pop fanbases have become cults.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, VogueMusic said:

Because pop fanbases have become cults.

I hate how many proudly use the term Stan. Wasn't that a term created in honor of an Eminem song about a fan taking his lyrics too far? 

But as a Catholic person I hate when they refer to their faves as Gods. It's so cringeworthy lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×