Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums
Hector

Taylor Swift thread

Recommended Posts

Taylor pulled the duet with Madonna because she didn't want to be associated with a black artist. Racist bitch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, spotlight said:

I’m not the least bit interested in hearing her album. :newspaper::newspaper::newspaper:

That's the same for me.  I might listen to a song of hers on the radio, but to say she has great songs?  No way.  Some of them are decent and catchy. 

Isn't she like Beyoncé who also has massive first week sales but the overall numbers are not so impressive?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't remember where I found that, it was somewhere on twitter in September, where that supposed female veteran was on a song talking how the media harass successful female artists, they are burning all the witches, this thing is referenced in the song "I did something bad", where she says they are burning all the witches, even if you aren't one. There were also rumours about Selena Kidney appearing on the record.

You can listen the song for free here.

https://naijalumia.com/download-mp3-taylor-swift-i-did-something-bad/

[Verse 1]
I never trust a narcissist, but they love me
So I play 'em like a violin
And I make it look oh-so-easy
'Cause for every lie I tell them, they tell me three
This is how the world works
Now all he thinks about is me

[Pre-Chorus]
I can feel the flames on my skin
Crimson red paint on my lips
If a man talks shit, then I owe him nothing
I don't regret it one bit, 'cause he had it coming


[Chorus]
They say I did something bad
Then why's it feel so good?
They say I did something bad
But why's it feel so good?
Most fun I ever had

And I'd do it over and over and over again if I could
It just felt so good, good

[Verse 2]
I never trust a playboy, but they love me
So I fly 'em all around the world
And I let them think they saved me
They never see it comin', what I do next
This is how the world works
You gotta leave before you get left

I can feel the flames on my skin
He says, "Don't throw away a good thing"
But if he drops my name, then I owe him nothin'
And if he spends my change, then he had it comin'


[Chorus]
They say I did something bad
Then why's it feel so good?
They say I did something bad
But why's it feel so good?
Most fun I ever had
And I'd do it over and over and over again if I could
It just felt so good, good

[Bridge]
They're burning all the witches, even if you aren't one
They got their pitchforks and proof, their receipts and reasons
They're burning all the witches, even if you aren't one
So light me up (light me up), light me up (light me up)
Light me up, go ahead and light me up (light me up)
Light me up (light me up), light me up (light me up)
Light me up (light me up), light me up


[Chorus]
They say I did something bad (oh)
Then why's it feel so good? (so good)
They say I did something bad
But why's it feel so good?
Most fun I ever had (most fun I ever had)
And I'd do it over and over and over again if I could
It just felt so good (good), good


[Outro]
Oh, you say I did something bad
(You say I did something bad?)
Why's it feel so good, good?
So bad, why's it feel so good?
Why's it feel, why's it feel so good? (bad)
It just felt so good, good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, rocknrolla said:

Isn't she like Beyoncé who also has massive first week sales but the overall numbers are not so impressive?

Lemonade was number 4 and 1989 number 3 in Billboard's year end (for their respective years) chart , so no.

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mimimong said:

Lemonade was number 4 and 1989 number 3 in Billboard's year end (for their respective years) chart , so no.

giphy.gif

Lemonade 485,000 first week and 1,800,000 total pure sales in USA as of today.

1989 1,286,000 first week and 6,080,000 total pure sales in USA.

Reputation can pull 1,5-1,8 first week. I can say that she can pull 4 million in US total sales. If she sells 6 million with this, Kim should nuke USA ASAP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jester said:

Lemonade 485,000 first week and 1,800,000 total pure sales in USA as of today.

1989 1,286,000 first week and 6,080,000 total pure sales in USA.

Reputation can pull 1,5-1,8 first week. I can say that she can pull 4 million in US total sales. If she sells 6 million with this, Kim should nuke USA ASAP.

If this was pre-steam and digital, she would probably be 3 million first week. She is a force of nature almost like a devastating hurricane that leaves nothing but tears, wigs torn asunder and destruction in her wake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, mimimong said:

Taylor pulled the duet with Madonna because she didn't want to be associated with a black artist. Racist bitch.

:lmao: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mimimong said:

If this was pre-steam and digital, she would probably be 3 million first week. She is a force of nature almost like a devastating hurricane that leaves nothing but tears, wigs torn asunder and destruction in her wake.

the album is not on Spotify, so the first week of 1,500,000 million will be pure sales.

For Comparison.

Joanne did 181k pure sales first week

Witness did 162k pure sales first week

She really trumps the 2008 pop girls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jester said:

the album is not on Spotify, so the first week of 1,500,000 million will be pure sales.

For Comparison.

Joanne did 181k pure sales first week

Witness did 162k pure sales first week

She really trumps the 2008 pop girls.

She's just a real girl with a real talent yeh...and an army of lawyers that will bankrupt you if you say anything different sweetie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, mimimong said:

Lemonade was number 4 and 1989 number 3 in Billboard's year end (for their respective years) chart , so no.

giphy.gif

But looking at overall sales, 6 million isn't a huge, impressive  number for a major superstar.  Lemonade even less so.  So we have blockbuster first week sales, but not much overall totals.  I don't see reputation hanging around radio for three years like 1989 did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

unlike other fans i dont hate taylor. i just dont see the songwriting talent and i think she's boring.

i like that shes controlling and hard working.

but , like others have said.. i'm not informed about her. i just know the hit singles, and they all sound the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rocknrolla said:

But looking at overall sales, 6 million isn't a huge, impressive  number for a major superstar.  Lemonade even less so.  So we have blockbuster first week sales, but not much overall totals.  I don't see reputation hanging around radio for three years like 1989 did.

That's the market we live in now sweets. She would have destroyed Britney and Nsync's first week sales in 2000.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mimimong said:

She's just a real girl with a real talent yeh...and an army of lawyers that will bankrupt you if you say anything different sweetie.

there was a great article I read in august of how much calculated she is.  She didnt put the album tracks for individual sale on iTunes yet, and not the album on Spotify. This will make a lot of people buy the album. She is milking her tour prices with that verified fan accounts, so when the tour is announced(early December), there will be little to no tickets left for unbelievably high prices in USA. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To understand how huge 1,500,000 first week pure sales in 2017, the best selling album of the whole year in US moved something like 900k units(Ed Sheeran.)

Reputation wont count for the 2017 year-end chart on Billboard, but for 2018 chart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She is a considered a D list vocalist, she has a very weak voice live. She has 0 stage presence. It is a mystery why she is successful...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KalamazooJay said:

Swift and Gaga are two of the worst pop stars to ever exist. Both play the vicim card while simultaneously trying to act like these empowering feminists. They come across as bully's, bitches, and mean girls with the constant need to address every insult lobbed at them. Just like our current 'President'. It's tiring and trite, not too mention unimaginably immature. The only only thing these two teach young girls (and twinks) is that it's A-ok to be mean, finger waving  blowhard as long as they're the one who 'started it'. I have zero respect for them. 

I mean, can you IMAGINE if Madonna addressed EVERY single insult she's had thrown at her during her career? She doesn't. Which is why she stands out one of the classiest acts around. She didn't even take the bait from the foamed mouth porker, Elton John. And I'm sure that took a lot. 

As for the album? I don't think it's BAD by any means. There's a few songs on there I may return back to. But it's nothing special. And it certainly doesn't warrant the kind of reviews I've been reading. I find it tragic that she's getting these kind of accolades for being such a great 'songwriter'. Are you fucking kidding me? Taylor Swift? When you write about petty tabloid squabbles, that doesn't make you a poet, it makes a self absorbed narcissist. And this country just eats it up. 

This all the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Nikki said:

unlike other fans i dont hate taylor. i just dont see the songwriting talent and i think she's boring.

i like that shes controlling and hard working.

but , like others have said.. i'm not informed about her. i just know the hit singles, and they all sound the same.

That's pretty much how I feel about her as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m digging the new album but that SNL performance was cringeworthy. The elementary school routine was even worse than her pitchy vocals 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nikki said:

unlike other fans i dont hate taylor. i just dont see the songwriting talent and i think she's boring.

i like that shes controlling and hard working.

but , like others have said.. i'm not informed about her. i just know the hit singles, and they all sound the same.

Just hate how greedy corporatism has destroyed the music business & shoves average artists down our throats! 

Of course, she has a couple of very catchy songs that everyone knows from toddlers to grannies. You can’t escape massive payola! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mimimong said:

That's the market we live in now sweets. She would have destroyed Britney and Nsync's first week sales in 2000.

Yeah, but they sold 10+million

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I doubt Beyoncé listens to Slob whom she's worked with, let alone Taylor :chuckle:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×