MadonnaNation.com Forums
Hector

Taylor Swift thread

3 minutes ago, VogueMusic said:

tumblr_inline_oqdatkxCWM1qf89pq_400.gif

If you have nothing to say, stop responding. This isn't a discussion. It's one person making a point and another person responding with shade GIFs because they have no substantive rebuttal.

1 hour ago, vocalism said:

If you have nothing to say, stop responding. This isn't a discussion. It's one person making a point and another person responding with shade GIFs because they have no substantive rebuttal.

giphy.gif

Stop scolding me for having a sense of humor because I won't be baited into having another senseless debate with you about Taylor. Been there, done that.

1 hour ago, vocalism said:

Get a sense of humor, seriously

Not our problem if you have shitty taste.

21 minutes ago, runa said:

Get a sense of humor, seriously

Not our problem if you have shitty taste.

This has nothing to do with me or my taste or even Taylor Swift to be honest. It's about the disturbing, Trumpian tendency in this forum to believe that any artist one doesn't like must have "fake hits," "fake sales," "fake press," etc. Believe me when I tell you the reviews for this album were not paid for. 

2 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

giphy.gif

Stop scolding me for having a sense of humor because I won't be baited into having another senseless debate with you about Taylor. Been there, done that.

I love how you failed to bait me with your last GIF so you edited it. Good job! Now you're getting the reaction you wanted. I will continue to call out conspiracy theorists when and where I see them. Thanks!

Just now, vocalism said:

I love how you failed to bait me with your last GIF so you edited it. Good job! Now you're getting the reaction you wanted. I will continue to call out conspiracy theorists when and where I see them. Thanks!

I actually wasn't baiting you with anything. I just found a better gif I liked that had the same sentiment to the first one. I also got rid of my well thought-out explanation to you because I figured it wasn't worth it. This response proves I made the right decision.

3 hours ago, sotos8 said:

Are there really 1.5 million morons that will buy this shit? 

160729-TRUMP-KEVINJBEATY-13.gif

11 hours ago, Nikki said:

perhaps not "everything". but it's all in the same genre of "you wont take to your friend talk to my friend talk to me cuz we are never ever getting back together." - it's the same thing, a lot like the writings of a 17 year old in a diary.

you really can call that masterful songwriting? a big talent?

and i cant take a review seriously that compares madonna's cone bra to taylor's LWYMMD or miley's twerking. even if it's one of the only negative reviews.

You probably are not really familiar with Taylor’s discography if that’s what you think is the only genre of her music. 

19 minutes ago, hasta said:

So this isn't her "Born This Way" era?

Well, it could be massively front loaded in the US and drop 90% the second week.  And flop worldwide.  Or the projections could be off quite a bit.  

It will still have no more hits.  The next era will be her artpop.

8 minutes ago, Gus said:

DOaI76OWAAED8N8.jpg

DOaRm8FX4AAiSK2.jpg

ew

embrace the fake taylor.

23 hours ago, swimtoshore said:

she has an excellent team that ‘controls’ the messaging about her, very much including album reviews. I would say the veneer has shown some signs of cracking recently with less enthusiastic radio play and some criticism of her singles releases in the media, but this week’s album reviews are right back on track....

“Wonder why all the butt kissing tabloids gave such glowing reviews to that new album by the A+ list singer? If they wrote anything negative there would be no exclusive interviews or any access at all to her or her events. Sounds about par for her. There were even two publications that I know of that submitted their review to her people in advance to make sure it was acceptable. Taylor Swift”

Just a reminder... :newspaper:

It's crystal clear that white America is buying her records. No wonder she would rather sue a blog no body has even ever heard of for claiming she's some sort of Aryan queen pondering to the alt right than actually release a statement condemning the KKK and the alt right movements. She will attack anybody from Kanye West to Kim Kardashian to her ex lovers to unknown critics but she will never say anything bad about the alt right. That's her fan base after all.  She represents exactly what's wrong with America.

In my eyes she's the anti Madonna. 

Her songs are as catchy as uninspiring. Exactly what white America wants in these times. No wonder the Aryan queen story was largely suppressed by the media. Just like Gaga and Beyoncé Tay Tay can rely on her huge network of blind promotion: she's a symbol of feminism; she's selling for millions breaking all records; shes got all rights to expose her lovers through her music; she's not being mean and vindictive she's defending herself and being sincere; she's an humble singer/ songwriter of country origins.  But have we ever heard anybody saying anything slightly bad about this woman? 

I’m not the least bit interested in hearing her album. :newspaper::newspaper::newspaper:

On 11 November 2017 at 1:56 PM, Martin B. said:

@Jazzy Jan You are my Australian soulmate, because we are almost always on the same wavelength. 😉

@Martin B.  :inlove: Yes, we are.  

11 hours ago, 5iVe Elements said:

You probably are not really familiar with Taylor’s discography if that’s what you think is the only genre of her music. 

all of the hit singles are about that. post other more introspective or poetic lyrics then if she's oh so talented at it.

These princesses think they're being so cool by facing their critics head with gestures like this but it just comes across as tired now. 

Ignore your critics and work on your art, like M does.

1 minute ago, jonski43 said:

These princesses think they're being so cool by facing their critics head with gestures like this but it just comes across as tired now. 

Ignore your critics and work on your art, like M does.

It is such a tactic. She gets exposed as a snake, lays low and then comes back embracing it.  Her team would of worked overtime on this. However, she writes song lyrics trashing those who called her out so obviously she is cut up about it. 

Agree though Jonski. These stupid victim playing girls have no idea what bad press is like.  They react so much because they are used to being fawned over.  

http://www.thisisinsider.com/taylor-swift-reputation-album-review-2017-11

There's no reason anyone should care about Taylor Swift's new album

Jacob Shamsian

Nov. 10, 2017, 9:50 AM

59aec1b8701afc3c008b4b1b-960-720.jpg

Taylor Swift just loving the drama in her "Look What You Made Me Do" music video.

*Taylor Swift just released "Reputation," her first album since 2014's "1989."

*It's culturally irrelevant.

*We live in an age of anxiety and political turmoil. Swift just wants to talk about herself.

*The narcissism falls short of the work of other great artists from this year.

After three long years, Taylor Swift released "Reputation." It's about love, betrayal, and the strange contours of fame. It is timeless. 

That's not a good thing.

"Reputation" is entirely about Swift's interior life. It's all about what's going on inside her head. And that's fine! Art should be something that grows from an investigation of the self and expresses it to the outside world. 

But in 2017, that all seems a little stale. This is an age of anxiety. Donald Trump is president. Men are creeping through the top rungs of the world and allegedly sexually assaulting people. Kim Jong-Un waves around his nukes. Protests of systemic racism is a frequent event. 

In 2014, making a song about shaking it off may have been alright. In 2017, it just reads as irrelevancy. 

Compare "Reputation" to other recent albums and songs released by Beyoncé, Jay-Z, Kendrick Lamar, and even, uh, Keith Urban. Taylor Swift, from "1989" to "Reputation," doesn't have much to say about anything other than herself. 

It doesn't help that Swift's politics are mysterious. She, possibly the most powerful person in the music industry, doesn't address it in her music — even though she's lived on that tricky line between country and pop. And she basically went underground for the entirety of the 2016 election cycle, giving no interviews. On election day, fans were left to parse her outfit for clues about who she voted for. 

When Swift does talk about the exterior world, it's in relation to herself: How she feels about other people, how the world has wronged her, and how she positions her own fame. But, as Mark Harris noted in Vulture, it's all in a rather Trumpian way. Insofar as "Reputation" has any political interpretation whatsoever, this is it. Swift commercializes her self-exoneration. She is wrong and everyone must pay attention to her as the world has tried to ruin her. Taylor Swift wants to be the center of gravity. 

The thing is, we all have more important things to worry about.

Swift and Gaga are two of the worst pop stars to ever exist. Both play the vicim card while simultaneously trying to act like these empowering feminists. They come across as bully's, bitches, and mean girls with the constant need to address every insult lobbed at them. Just like our current 'President'. It's tiring and trite, not too mention unimaginably immature. The only only thing these two teach young girls (and twinks) is that it's A-ok to be mean, finger waving  blowhard as long as they're the one who 'started it'. I have zero respect for them. 

I mean, can you IMAGINE if Madonna addressed EVERY single insult she's had thrown at her during her career? She doesn't. Which is why she stands out one of the classiest acts around. She didn't even take the bait from the foamed mouth porker, Elton John. And I'm sure that took a lot. 

As for the album? I don't think it's BAD by any means. There's a few songs on there I may return back to. But it's nothing special. And it certainly doesn't warrant the kind of reviews I've been reading. I find it tragic that she's getting these kind of accolades for being such a great 'songwriter'. Are you fucking kidding me? Taylor Swift? When you write about petty tabloid squabbles, that doesn't make you a poet, it makes a self absorbed narcissist. And this country just eats it up.