MadonnaNation.com Forums
Hector

Taylor Swift thread

I knew it....the praise for Taylor continues...I have a feeling this will be nominated album of the year...yet again...and wouldn't surprise me for a 3rd win! It has to be payola for everything she gets!

On 9/4/2017 at 11:37 AM, mimimong said:

Apparently Madonna duets with Taylor on reputation.

On 9/4/2017 at 2:54 PM, Jester said:

@mimimong may be right, I have read somewhere she has a duet with a female veteran legend on the album. High possibility it is  M. She went to LA for that Netflix meeting, maybe she did record her part there, lets wait cause taylor is making everything in full secrecy. Her video was shot in may and we didn't know about the whole concept until the reveal, even her label didn't. Most of the people at her label listened the song the day it came out. 

So is Madonna on the album or not:IMG_1564:

6 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

The fawning all over her from the critics. Even articles again about what a great feminist she is :wacko:  Apparently if you criticise Taylor, you are anti women. She is lauded again as one of the greatest song writers ever.  Only last week,  writers online were laughing about her complaining again about her celebrity fueds but now it is wonderful and inspiring.  

Never ceases to amaze me either VogueMusic.  Taylor is like Teflon. People know she is a spoilt, thin skinned, victim playing mean girl but not only excuse her for it but praise her for it.

Yes to all of this.  (Though my original comment was actually about the tone of discussion of her just on this board.)

5 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

To all of those suddenly praising this narcissistic mess of an album. 

8818C054-C4EF-4185-9402-974A05763FD1.gif

:bump:   

9 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

The fawning all over her from the critics. Even articles again about what a great feminist she is :wacko:  Apparently if you criticise Taylor, you are anti women. She is lauded again as one of the greatest song writers ever.  Only last week,  writers online were laughing about her complaining again about her celebrity fueds but now it is wonderful and inspiring.  

Never ceases to amaze me either VogueMusic.  Taylor is like Teflon. People know she is a spoilt, thin skinned, victim playing mean girl but not only excuse her for it but praise her for it. 

9 hours ago, Martin B. said:

She is really teflon. I laughed at the naïve people who imagined that her career was over after the stories with Kim / Kanye / Tom.  :lol: She has an excellent team around her who knows very well how to turn any situations to her advantage.

9 hours ago, Nikki said:

can someone tell me HOW THE FUCK this woman is praised as a songwriter?

I DONT GET IT

she writes fucking teenage crush songs! there's NOTHING poetic or clever about them in any way. I never got this.

fucking hell, what's wrong with those "critics"??! ever since she solo wrote ONE album shes hailed as some songwriter wunderkind, but everything she writes is utter shit!

she has an excellent team that ‘controls’ the messaging about her, very much including album reviews. I would say the veneer has shown some signs of cracking recently with less enthusiastic radio play and some criticism of her singles releases in the media, but this week’s album reviews are right back on track....

“Wonder why all the butt kissing tabloids gave such glowing reviews to that new album by the A+ list singer? If they wrote anything negative there would be no exclusive interviews or any access at all to her or her events. Sounds about par for her. There were even two publications that I know of that submitted their review to her people in advance to make sure it was acceptable. Taylor Swift”

5 hours ago, LSD said:

So is Madonna on the album or not:IMG_1564:

No and there is no duet with a female veteran legend.

Its a NO from me. 1989 was decent (but i preferred Ryan Adams cover album). This album is a fucking snoozefest. She clearly has nothing going on in her life to just be focusing her ditties on her grudges and fake romances. She is just too painfully self aware and self obsessed its a massive turn off. She lives up to that Regina George cliche way too easily. Putting harder beats behind it all only makes the whole thing less fun to be honest. But middle america will lap it up. 

It's funny how the three-four "lead singles" are all pretty bad (and all flopped hard, I must say), but now, suddenly, this album is a "masterpiece"... best thing a female pop singer has done in years... 

ok

:abuse:

5 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

Yes to all of this.  (Though my original comment was actually about the tone of discussion of her just on this board.)

Always on point, @VogueMusic. Always.

24 minutes ago, runa said:

It's funny how the three-four "lead singles" are all pretty bad (and all flopped hard, I must say), but now, suddenly, this album is a "masterpiece"... best thing a female pop singer has done in years... 

ok

exactly.

im believing @swimtoshore 's theory..and im afraid more stars are gonna start doing this. (especially those who care about this shit, like gags and beyonce)

we know about taylor and her team threatening people who write bad reviews about her. however, she has an unpopular personality despite being successful. they may not expose other stars who practice the same tactics

Her album sale this week are probably sexed up.  No way she can sell that much with lacklustre released songs. 

1 hour ago, Mmmmm said:

Her album sale this week are probably sexed up.  No way she can sell that much with lacklustre released songs. 

Of course they are, but unfortunately it does not matter anymore in the era of fake news. The only truth is the lie that you sell with confidence. In 25 years, Taylor and GaGa will be considered as the great singers of the decade 2010 and nobody will understand why by listening to their catalog which will not have stand the test of time.

Τhe numbers are real.

1989 sold 6 million in US only. 2 million first week seem reasonable. But I believe this project is frontloaded.

Take into account that TS is one of the biggest album sellers on all-time in US. Her pandering trump voters paid-off.

artboard-720px.png

14 hours ago, Nikki said:

can someone tell me HOW THE FUCK this woman is praised as a songwriter?

I DONT GET IT

she writes fucking teenage crush songs! there's NOTHING poetic or clever about them in any way. I never got this.

fucking hell, what's wrong with those "critics"??! ever since she solo wrote ONE album shes hailed as some songwriter wunderkind, but everything she writes is utter shit!

Really? I guess I must be deaf because she's got lots of really great, catchy pop songs. She's a terrible singer and maybe a terrible person (don't know, don't care), but I've liked much of what she's done since she went "pop."

11 hours ago, Aries said:

I knew it....the praise for Taylor continues...I have a feeling this will be nominated album of the year...yet again...and wouldn't surprise me for a 3rd win! It has to be payola for everything she gets!

Maybe a nomination, but I don't see this one winning. It's definitely going to sell less than 1989 and it remains to be seen whether there will be a bona fide smash hit that we'll still be hearing two years from now, even a year.

8 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

:bump:   

The tone changed in what way? People heard the full album and ended up liking it? I've seen a mix of people bashing her for being a shitty person and others saying they still like her music. Feels consistent to me.

4 hours ago, swimtoshore said:

she has an excellent team that ‘controls’ the messaging about her, very much including album reviews. I would say the veneer has shown some signs of cracking recently with less enthusiastic radio play and some criticism of her singles releases in the media, but this week’s album reviews are right back on track....

Seems to me that the critics are having the same reaction as people on here who weren't into the singles and predicting the album would fail and be bad, and now suddenly like it. Is her team paying posters on here too?

3 hours ago, runa said:

ok

3 hours ago, Nikki said:

exactly.

im believing @swimtoshore 's theory..and im afraid more stars are gonna start doing this. (especially those who care about this shit, like gags and beyonce)

we know about taylor and her team threatening people who write bad reviews about her. however, she has an unpopular personality despite being successful. they may not expose other stars who practice the same tactics

The album is good. Critics are hearing the same thing everyone else is and their opinions are consistent. Most are saying it's flawed and messy. Who on here thinks it's bad? And then tell me how much you hate her as a person. Guarantee you there's a correlation. 

perhaps not "everything". but it's all in the same genre of "you wont take to your friend talk to my friend talk to me cuz we are never ever getting back together." - it's the same thing, a lot like the writings of a 17 year old in a diary.

you really can call that masterful songwriting? a big talent?

and i cant take a review seriously that compares madonna's cone bra to taylor's LWYMMD or miley's twerking. even if it's one of the only negative reviews.

2 hours ago, Martin B. said:

Of course they are, but unfortunately it does not matter anymore in the era of fake news. The only truth is the lie that you sell with confidence. In 25 years, Taylor and GaGa will be considered as the great singers of the decade 2010 and nobody will understand why by listening to their catalog which will not have stand the test of time.

You’re probably right.....😫😫

Billboard is talking about a gross of U$ 297 million in the US leg of her next tour. This is huge! Imagine how much she can make with rest of the world? :blink: 

I enjoy her, but c'mon, she's not a live act. She has zero stage presence. How can she manege to make all that money from touring?

http://www.billboard.com/articles/business/8031302/taylor-swift-reputation-birthday-tour-announcement

40 minutes ago, Kennedy said:

Billboard is talking about a gross of U$ 297 million in the US leg of her next tour. This is huge! Imagine how much she can make with rest of the world? :blink: 

I enjoy her, but c'mon, she's not a live act. She has zero stage presence. How can she manege to make all that money from touring?

http://www.billboard.com/articles/business/8031302/taylor-swift-reputation-birthday-tour-announcement

Not to mention she can't sing. But that's hasn't stopped countless others!

6 hours ago, Mmmmm said:

I was in my local music store this afternoon and there were so many copies of the new album on the shelves - they didn't look like they'd been touched. (Unless they had just restacked the shelves).

Sam Smith on the other hand was selling like hot cakes.

8 hours ago, runa said:

ok

Something in the milk ain't clean...

8 hours ago, runa said:

Always on point, @VogueMusic. Always.

:wink:

4 hours ago, vocalism said:

Really? I guess I must be deaf because she's got lots of really great, catchy pop songs. She's a terrible singer and maybe a terrible person (don't know, don't care), but I've liked much of what she's done since she went "pop."

Maybe a nomination, but I don't see this one winning. It's definitely going to sell less than 1989 and it remains to be seen whether there will be a bona fide smash hit that we'll still be hearing two years from now, even a year.

The tone changed in what way? People heard the full album and ended up liking it? I've seen a mix of people bashing her for being a shitty person and others saying they still like her music. Feels consistent to me.

Seems to me that the critics are having the same reaction as people on here who weren't into the singles and predicting the album would fail and be bad, and now suddenly like it. Is her team paying posters on here too?

The album is good. Critics are hearing the same thing everyone else is and their opinions are consistent. Most are saying it's flawed and messy. Who on here thinks it's bad? And then tell me how much you hate her as a person. Guarantee you there's a correlation. 

817.gif

Are there really 1.5 million morons that will buy this shit?