MadonnaNation.com Forums
Hector

Taylor Swift thread

9 minutes ago, Marco said:

My first listen to 1989 back in 2014 was enough to make me purchase it immediately despite the stinkers that are Welcome to New York and Shake It Off.

I listened to Reputation twice today and I gotta say I really liked it. Gorgeous and Call It What You Want grew on me a lot but I still can’t stand the first 2 singles. They’re the WTNY/SIO of this album.

Highlights: Getaway Car, Dress, Dancing With Our Hands Tied

I like the first two singles. I know I'm in the minority though. 

Just now, Genevieve Vavance said:

I too thought 1989 was great *not ashamed*

shake it off and bad blood were horribly childish though

Yaaasss! 1989 was good pop. The only trick I often skip is Bad Blood. I used to say 1989 > Red but now they're = to me.

18 minutes ago, Marco said:

My first listen to 1989 back in 2014 was enough to make me purchase it immediately despite the stinkers that are Welcome to New York and Shake It Off.

I listened to Reputation twice today and I gotta say I really liked it. Gorgeous and Call It What You Want grew on me a lot but I still can’t stand the first 2 singles. They’re the WTNY/SIO of this album.

Highlights: Getaway Car, Dress, Dancing With Our Hands Tied

Disliked WTNY but it grew on me. BB is still trash though. SIO is fun. Though it somehow feels out of place in the album.

1 minute ago, 5iVe Elements said:

Yaaasss! 1989 was good pop. The only trick I often skip is Bad Blood. I used to say 1989 > Red but now they're = to me.

she's not so awful as people make her out to be, gaga is 100000000000000 worse

1 minute ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

Her personality/character may be questionable but to deny Swifties has good music is laughable. Swifty has good album tracks too and is not just a singles artist. Gaga's catalogue however is pure shit. I haven't cried to any song because it's just pretentious crap.

8 hours ago, LSD said:

tumblr_oz6iyb2TVN1tebggio1_1280.jpg

b6aqvo.jpg

:lmao:

Madonna did it so much better. No long ass essay full of nagging and patronising horse shit but simple and to the point.

"So much controversy has swirled around my career this past decade that very little attention ever gets paid to my music. The songs are all but forgotten. While I have no regrets regarding the choices I've made artistically, I've learned to appreciate the idea of doing things in a simpler way. So without a lot of fanfare, without any distractions, I present to you this collection of ballads. Some are old, some are new. All of them are from my heart.”

Madonna's own personal note in Something To Remember. 

LMAOOOOOOOOO

MASTERCLASS???? Fuck off!!!!!

She is worse than Lady Cuntga.

4 hours ago, Jitterbug said:

Not according to the sales of the album. If it's shit, why have so many people bought it and why is there huge interest in her from the media?

An argumentum ad populum is a logically fallacious one :noway:

1 hour ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

+2

1 hour ago, 5iVe Elements said:

Her personality/character may be questionable but to deny Swifties has good music is laughable. Swifty has good album tracks too and is not just a singles artist. Gaga's catalogue however is pure shit. I haven't cried to any song because it's just pretentious crap.

+3

HDD just confirmed 1.3-1.5 pure sales early reading. So, this is the second biggest debut for a female after 25. It may end 2m. How is this possible ? Ed Sheeran sold 870k copies in like 10 months and that's the best-selling album of the wholefucking 2017.:dead:

The hype machine is in full force. I pity these silly Americans

5 hours ago, vocalism said:

I like the first two singles. I know I'm in the minority though. 

Ready for It has grown on me now with the album's third listen lol

5 hours ago, 5iVe Elements said:

Disliked WTNY but it grew on me. BB is still trash though. SIO is fun. Though it somehow feels out of place in the album.

Forgot to mention BB. I like the remix with Kendrick but I LOATHE the album version. It's so childish and poorly produced. And I agree with your other post that she has great album tracks too. Clean is my personal favorite. It came out at a time I was recovering from a very abusive relationship and it helped

This album is not as good as Red and 1989, but it's still better than the majority of albums released by pop princess in the past year. Taylor is unbearable as a person but she knows how to offer good albums.

Never ceases to amaze me how easily the tone changes when it comes to Taylor...

8 hours ago, DitaDolla said:

LMAOOOOOOOOO

MASTERCLASS???? Fuck off!!!!!

She is worse than Lady Cuntga.

tumblr_mx6zc2ZoE31sls6mso1_400.gif

3 hours ago, Jester said:

HDD just confirmed 1.3-1.5 pure sales early reading. So, this is the second biggest debut for a female after 25. It may end 2m. How is this possible ? Ed Sheeran sold 870k copies in like 10 months and that's the best-selling album of the wholefucking 2017.:dead:

715keq.gif~c200

The age of Trump. Indeed.

My 2nd job is Target at night and I swear everyone with a vagina from middle age soccer mom's to teen an tween girls is buying this thing along with every twink that comes in.  

giphy (1).gif

1 hour ago, VogueMusic said:

Never ceases to amaze me how easily the tone changes when it comes to Taylor...

The fawning all over her from the critics. Even articles again about what a great feminist she is :wacko:  Apparently if you criticise Taylor, you are anti women. She is lauded again as one of the greatest song writers ever.  Only last week,  writers online were laughing about her complaining again about her celebrity fueds but now it is wonderful and inspiring.  

Never ceases to amaze me either VogueMusic.  Taylor is like Teflon. People know she is a spoilt, thin skinned, victim playing mean girl but not only excuse her for it but praise her for it. 

10 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

The fawning all over her from the critics. Even articles again about what a great feminist she is :wacko:  Apparently if you criticise Taylor, you are anti women. She is lauded again as one of the greatest song writers ever.  Only last week,  people were laughing about her complaining about her celebrity fueds but now it is wonderful and inspiring.  

Never ceases to amaze me either VogueMusic.  Taylor is like Teflon. People know she is a spoilt, thin skinned, victim playing mean girl but not only excuse her for it but praise her for it. 

She is really teflon. I laughed at the naïve people who imagined that her career was over after the stories with Kim / Kanye / Tom.  :lol: She has an excellent team around her who knows very well how to turn any situations to her advantage.

20 minutes ago, Martin B. said:

She is really teflon. I laughed at the naïve people who imagined that her career was over after the story Kim / Kanye / Tom.  :lol: She has an excellent team around her who knows very well how to turn any situations to her advantage

Martin B, You are always intelligent and instinctive. 

It is not the fact people love her music because personal opinions are always going to differ.   I totally get that. It is just the way she basically is so self obsessed and horrible but seems to be admired for it.  Madonna gets torn to pieces over adopting children. . Taylor writes a song LWYMMD which basically sums up what a psycho bitch she is and somehow now it shows how strong and tough she is. :lol:

5 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Martin B, You are always intelligent and instinctive. 

It is not the fact people love her music because personal opinions are always going to differ.   I totally get that. It is just the way she basically is so self obsessed and horrible but seems to be admired for it.  Madonna gets torn to pieces over adopting children. . Taylor writes a song LWYMMD which basically sums up what a psycho bitch she is and somehow now it shows how strong and tough she is. :lol:

@Jazzy Jan You are my Australian soulmate, because we are almost always on the same wavelength. 😉

I like her latest albums (although none of them deserves the avalanche of criticism they receive), but as a person, she's unbearable.

33 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

The fawning all over her from the critics. Even articles again about what a great feminist she is :wacko:  Apparently if you criticise Taylor, you are anti women. She is lauded again as one of the greatest song writers ever.  Only last week,  writers online were laughing about her complaining again about her celebrity fueds but now it is wonderful and inspiring.  

can someone tell me HOW THE FUCK this woman is praised as a songwriter?

I DONT GET IT

she writes fucking teenage crush songs! there's NOTHING poetic or clever about them in any way. I never got this.

fucking hell, what's wrong with those "critics"??! ever since she solo wrote ONE album shes hailed as some songwriter wunderkind, but everything she writes is utter shit!

I wonder what most of her casual fans imagine her age is. I bet you'd get a median of 18 or so if you did a poll, some of the younger girls probably think Taylor Swift is a 15 or 16 year-old (like themselves or a couple of years older). Rather than turning 28 in a month.