MadonnaNation.com Forums
Hector

Taylor Swift thread

Taylor Swift is not doing anything new at this point. All her previous works were a tongue in cheek answer to all her detractors. When she was accused of being a man eater; jumping from one male celebrity to the next then she released a song and video depicting just that and making fun of it. After all the controversy with the Kanye West/Kim Kardashian feud branding her a snake and a mean girl she's just answering with this song and video. She's using her well established controversies to further more controversy gaining more status and popularity in the process. It's all marketing ploy and the GP is falling for it as usual. Let's not forget Americans are by far the most gullible people out there; always failing to expose the system and consequently falling victim to it. 

This is not about Taylor being a snake or mean girl which is all down to gossip and Internet forums speculations. She -or better the people  working for her- is a marketing genius. Feuds and fights and hate SELL more than ever these days and she's just making money out of it. Katy Perry did just that with Swish Swish so let's not pretend this hasn't been going around for quite some time. Diss tracks always get massive exposure and publicity. 

The song itself is rather silly and infantile. It plays well within her fan base that will stream it to death and beyond. The video is pretty cool.   It's nothing new but it is well directed and of course it will reinstate Taylor as one of top female artists out there. For people expecting Taylor Swift to go all political and release an anti Trump message song or whatever I can only say: that will never happen. She is not and will never be that kind of artist. The world can go to war but Swift will only sing about her jilted lovers and very public feuds. She's no Madonna in short. 

How are Americans the most gullible? Anyway, total slayage from Taylor and yall are over analyzing it.

@MeakMaker well said! It all boils down to marketing. I kinda like the song. I'd be curious to hear what the rest of the album sounds like. 

2 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

I don't understand why she gets crucified by the media for doing AND being exactl what gaga does and is. 

she blames other people for everything.. BUT I like that she isn't giving in to today's desire to be apologetic, to cry about everything, and to "need" a break from the harsh world of music that's destroying her and giving anxiety and other mental problems. i like that she's not playing victim by saying she has mental health issues. not that she couldnt possibly have them, I just think that EVERY star of that caliber including madonna has had those issues and aside from the newer stars they never complain. madonna probably has more reason to talk about it and ask for sympathy but she doesnt want peoples sympathy or isnt gonna cry on tv for it (for example.. erotica and the rocco drama when the same people who talk about kindness bullied and criticized madonna and her parenting skills. when madonna wanted to divorce Guy and was super thin from the stress AND the world tour everyone "body shaped" her relentlessly) if this was anyone else of the new generation, they'd claim to have all sorts of mental problems and we'd would feel sorry for them

18 minutes ago, hasta said:

How are Americans the most gullible? Anyway, total slayage from Taylor and yall are over analyzing it.

They're certainly falling for the HYPE. Not all Americans of course. And it goes without saying there are a lot of people like that in Europe and rest of the world as well. 

And I don't think anybody here is over analysing anything. Surely that's what the media and her fan base and detractors are doing but personally I'm only throwing my two cents in.  😂 

7 hours ago, Rugbyguy said:

That is utter nonsense. We all know the figures she pulled for TAB, Evita, ROL, Music, HU, Confessions and all her touring grosses, I don't need to quote them. She gained the majority of her audience back. Sex has nothing to do with anything. Her record sales have come to a natural standstill like they do for every artist of a certain age.

What are you even talking/rambling about? :wacko: You totally missed my point. I am not talking about record sales. My response was in response to someone who wondered how people would react if Madonna went off in a song about her biggest haters, detractors. 

Oh

Look what you made me do

Look what you made me do

Look what you just made me 

Oh

Look what you made me do 

Look what you made me do

Look what you just made me do 

:dead:

2 hours ago, Maddylvr said:

@MeakMaker well said! It all boils down to marketing. I kinda like the song. I'd be curious to hear what the rest of the album sounds like. 

This. She has the best team/machine in the industry. It's a beast lol. The roll out, rumors, build up, hype, the video etc...Just wish the song was semi bearable. Don't care how many people like it, defend it or how many weeks at #1 etc.., I tried but just gets worse with each listen vs growing on me. Unlike any of Katy's songs/flops this year I'd instantly turn this off every time it comes on the radio. One of the worst of the year for me. Possibly the worst first single for any major female in recent memory. :/ Think the last major stinker was Perfect Illusion lol. That said, still def. happier its Taylor, not Gaga who is smashing :tongue:lol! 

Gaga and her little monsters are very jealous and seething at the effective promo juggernaut that Taylor has. :chuckle:

Haha and yet Gaga and her team still payola-ed and discounted her way to faux 'dominating' the first quarter of this year post Super Bowl more than any other female:doh::madno: If  only Taylor would've dropped this in say March/April. She would've flushed Gaga in a split second and owned the whole year. But I get why she waited. Plus, guess it's official now that she's ALL about August releases. Now it's just a question of every 2 or 3 years. 

Admit that I agree with enjoying gaga fans getting pissed off about Taylor's success.:chuckle:Just love that some are complaining about how Taylor is playing the victim.

Self awareness isn't their strength....

At this point, this evil bitch has released like thousands of singles yet I bet most of us would STRUGGLE to do even a top 5 list of them. Rihanna and Katy obviously have far more memorable songs. 

But as long as it's not Gaga who's ruling the charts, it's all good. :yes: 

And we all know Taylor in reality is prob. indifferent to Madonna. She said those kind words in 2015 and did the GT performance with her but don't think it goes much beyond that and it's fine. Seems she CLEARLY respects her as a business woman and person based on her actions. Obviously the in thing now is for female artists to shade, innuendos, gossip etc...for success versus quality music. It's unfortunate but keeps working. Taylor doesn't even think to go there w/ M. Knows better. I'll take  all that versus this super creepy passive/aggressive stalker-ish Gaga shit. 

9 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

At this point, this evil bitch has released like thousands of singles yet I bet most of us would STRUGGLE to do even a top 5 list of them. Rihanna and Katy obviously have far more memorable songs. 

But as long as it's not Gaga who's ruling the charts, it's all good. :yes: 

Yes. The only thing I and others hoped was for Taylor to wait one more damn week! lol That said, if she released a week or 2 earlier OSD/ Mariah would've yet again dodged a bullet and exclusively owned that record 21 years strong. Like I said, Taylor does only August releases we know now. 

6 minutes ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

And we all know Taylor in reality is prob. indifferent to Madonna. She said those kind words in 2015 and did the GT performance with her but don't think it goes much beyond that and it's fine. Seems she CLEARLY respects her as a business woman and person based on her actions. Obviously the in thing now is for female artists to shade, innuendos, gossip etc...for success versus quality music. It's unfortunate but keeps working. Taylor doesn't even think to go there w/ M. Knows better. I'll take  all that versus this super creepy passive/aggressive stalker-ish Gaga shit. 

Exactly.

Taylor is wisely avoiding Madonna comparisons. Gaga is the only one stupid enough to appropriate other pop stars/musicians most iconic looks and then even their songs.

6 hours ago, david86 said:

This is terrible....

Hands down: this is clever marketing. As much as I (try to) hate her, she currently has the best team. Love her song and the music video is the best thing I've seen probably since Single Ladies. 

Btw, why is the thread title so boring? 🐍

Yeah Gaga is and has always been the biggest poser, wannabe of basically everyone, Holiday Inn-esque, karaoke circus act. Taylor is clearly one shrewd little snake mean girl biz woman! lol Artistically nothing like M obviously (except maybe the 're-inventing' her image) but her actions, hype machine and marketing are basically doing what M did during her prime. Taylor is maxing out the current technology to her advantage just like M did with MTV and hottest available media back then. Almost no doubt the x M and Taylor 'talk', was prob. ALL about the industry and business matters versus sucking up, acting weird, awkward etc...

Glad swish bish makes lilttle monsters crazy.

So she will be at no. 1 ?

I like she mokes the Wests to be honest

4 hours ago, Suedehead said:

Read for filth

https://www.wmagazine.com/story/taylor-swift-look-what-you-made-me-do-video-homage-or-ripoff

She can break all the streaming records she wants but this is going to damage her career in the long run

Wow no wonder the video looked a mess and incoherent.  Is a rip off from great videos developing each concept.