MadonnaNation.com Forums
Hector

Taylor Swift thread

jonski43    0
12 hours ago, impr3ssive_instant said:

I haven't heard the song on the radio at all. When Shake It Off came out it was EVERYWHERE.

Neither have I. It made no 1 in the UK but it's dropped quickly. 

She's just so meh.

I think this era is once again a reminder that sometimes what the mainstream media wants us to swallow (Hillary, anyone?) isn't always what the general public has an appetite for. The fact of the matter is people are sick and tired of her. She's been shoved down our throats for years now and the majority of her 'soft' fans have pretty much had enough. Her music simply doesn't live up to the hype. Period. It never has. While she has some decent songwriting skills, she's no Stevie Nicks or Joni Mitchell. And this whole pop act is so blatantly manufactured that it's laughable she's still as big as she is. I will even give Gaga more credit for being a better pop star then Ms. Swift. 

This era will do fine, but it won't come as close as 1989. Nothing will again. So, as I've said before, she'll retreat and do some stripped down acoustic country album that will be promoted to 'going back to her roots'. How handy it'll be to still have flag waving Trump supporting 'real' Americans in her back pocket that'll lap it all up. 

Marco    0
34 minutes ago, KalamazooJay said:

I think this era is once again a reminder that sometimes what the mainstream media wants us to swallow (Hillary, anyone?) isn't always what the general public has an appetite for. The fact of the matter is people are sick and tired of her. She's been shoved down our throats for years now and the majority of her 'soft' fans have pretty much had enough. Her music simply doesn't live up to the hype. Period. It never has. While she has some decent songwriting skills, she's no Stevie Nicks or Joni Mitchell. And this whole pop act is so blatantly manufactured that it's laughable she's still as big as she is. I will even give Gaga more credit for being a better pop star then Ms. Swift. 

This era will do fine, but it won't come as close as 1989. Nothing will again. So, as I've said before, she'll retreat and do some stripped down acoustic country album that will be promoted to 'going back to her roots'. How handy it'll be to still have flag waving Trump supporting 'real' Americans in her back pocket that'll lap it all up. 

She's a decent lyricist but nothing special like you pointed out. Her music has been the same generic crap since Red. We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together, Bad Blood and Shake It Off in particular sound like something from a Disney Channel movie

4 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

Exactly. Would be absolutely jaw dropping if her new album comes in/around the opening week sales and maintains them like all her previous albums. Very little love and hype for her news songs. Kind of sorta the video but the MUSIC ain't showing up. Almost everyone I talk to (including younger tween relatives who previously were loons) think she's horrible and laughable now due to simply not doing/being who she really is.

System is so f'king corrupt now (similar to politics) wouldn't shock me in the least if her #s actually DO get fabricated to the point of laughable. Look at how overnight Gaga went from one of the lowest rated Super Bowls to the highest and it became fact to many people. We've seen this shit over/over with ALL of them. Each one (Paula, Alanis, Shania etc etc...) has that mega album, eras or whatever and insists they're the 'new Madonna, Beatles, MJ etc..' and will forever get the hits/sales but then they have that one stinker album and sales plummet after the first few weeks as well as long term interest. Fact Taylor (biggest star in the world now? lol) had to *discount her song already says it all. Plus, it's rapidly losing steam on pop radio already! 

4 hours ago, Marco said:

She's a decent lyricist but nothing special like you pointed out. Her music has been the same generic crap since Red. We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together, Bad Blood and Shake It Off in particular sound like something from a Disney Channel movie

You're right but those other songs you mentioned are least melodic 'songs' lol that made total sense they were hits. 'Generic'/super safe has never been more red hot on the radio now. Maroon 5 is a prime example of the ultimate sell out utter crap 'band' now. They were on point from around 2003-2008 and a few other hits here/there were good. But now every single song is basically garbage, painfully boring/bland and sucking up to radio. It's more what the music biz and machine wants and forces to people to hear and buy versus taking the time and resources ($$) to actually make quality, soulful, or even semi game changing music. 

Oh..it's official I def. think out of ALL the mega A or even B and C list pop diva releases in 2017 LWYMMD is hands down the worst. Of course the media and Trump country won't sweat her at all though. It's cringe worthy in so many ways but where the shit splatters all over the fan is the chorus (I think that's the universal opinion). One of the worst in pop history for an A list superstar first/lead single. The opening and buildups are just whatever and listenable but once the main chorus drops it's just absurd and lazy beyond anything I could remember. That and the line of her being dead of course. :wacko:Like it's purposely looking to become a bad parody on SNL. CTTR and ALL of Katys songs including BA lol are masterpieces compared to it. All came down to the marketing and hype machines here. Taylor had it full blast. Katy didn't. 

Marco    0
3 hours ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

You're right but those other songs you mentioned are least melodic 'songs' lol that made total sense they were hits. 'Generic'/super safe has never been more red hot on the radio now. Maroon 5 is a prime example of the ultimate sell out utter crap 'band' now. They were on point from around 2003-2008 and a few other hits here/there were good. But now every single song is basically garbage, painfully boring/bland and sucking up to radio. It's more what the music biz and machine wants and forces to people to hear and buy versus taking the time and resources ($$) to actually make quality, soulful, or even semi game changing music. 

Took the words out of my moth, sis. Adam Levine criticized the VMA's the other day and while the ceremony was utterly dreadful to say the least, he isn't in a position to diss other artists when Maroon 5 haven't released a good album since It Won't Be Soon Before Long (10 years ago :wacko:). The content they've put out this decade (whether that'd be Payphone or I Don't Wanna Know) is incredibly bland, safe and uninspired. I actually own their debut album but I feel embarrassed that I do because songs like This Love, She Will Be Loved or Sunday Morning now serve as a reminder they were once compelling artists. I'm so sick of listening to tropical house and trap on the radio, my ears are close to developing a menstrual cycle due to internal bleeding.

Marco    0
4 hours ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Oh..it's official I def. think out of ALL the mega A or even B and C list pop diva releases in 2017 LWYMMD is hands down the worst. Of course the media and Trump country won't sweat her at all though. It's cringe worthy in so many ways but where the shit splatters all over the fan is the chorus (I think that's the universal opinion). One of the worst in pop history for an A list superstar first/lead single. The opening and buildups are just whatever and listenable but once the main chorus drops it's just absurd and lazy beyond anything I could remember. That and the line of her being dead of course. :wacko:Like it's purposely looking to become a bad parody on SNL. CTTR and ALL of Katys songs including BA lol are masterpieces compared to it. All came down to the marketing and hype machines here. Taylor had it full blast. Katy didn't. 

"I'm sorry, the old Taylor can't come to the phone right now. Why? Oh, cause she's dead." What kind of angsty teen did she hire to pose as a ghostwriter and come up with this emo Tumblr line? This made me cringe so hard. Artistic growth comes naturally, let the actual music speak for itself. No need to state the obvious.