MadonnaNation.com Forums
Hector

Taylor Swift thread

Her promo song reached no.4 on BB Hot 100, while her lead remains no.1. Although the dark horse is Cardi B on no.2....

So just to be clear: Taylor's promo single peaked at the same number as Katy's lead single and Gaga's MR, which benefited from the Super Bowl, a big discount, and loads of payola.

21 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

I don't know if I'm buying that all that is a reflection of Taylor. I think it's more so just both management teams cross promoting,

Taylor has always been a pop junkie/groupie. I always noticed her at awards shows singing along to EVERY song. I don't doubt that she admires Madonna and was happy to support her.

Tay Tay is the only pop bitch M follows on Twitter so... hopefully this means a duet

4 hours ago, vocalism said:

Taylor has always been a pop junkie/groupie. I always noticed her at awards shows singing along to EVERY song. I don't doubt that she admires Madonna and was happy to support her.

tumblr_m5tppnGY7I1qlvwnco1_r1_400.gif

1 hour ago, LHakaLH said:

Tay Tay is the only pop bitch M follows on Twitter so... hopefully this means a duet

eww-gross.gif

4 hours ago, LHakaLH said:

Really? She follows Katy, Miley and Britney and Ariana  

edit: oh twitter, thought Instagram 

44 minutes ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

image.png

tumblr_m76t4ltHtV1qc3bpw.gif

Cardi B is coming for Taylors wig in US, Taysnake  will luckily dethroned in her 4th week.

There is a lot of payola behind this song and Look doesn't seem to be that song with chart longevity, it is too early to tell though. Third week #1 is 100% for Tay in US. Cardi B or that suicide song will likely come to #1 in the fourth week.

"Look" is a big comeback, but not an apocalypse-sized Hello comeback.  Hello went #1 in almost every country in the world, while Taylor barely went in like 10-11 countries with this one.

On 2017-09-11 at 11:20 PM, LHakaLH said:

I think an assistant runs her twittttter account.

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 11:20 AM, LHakaLH said:

Oh YASSSSS! 13th #1 here I come!

so Taylor 's swift career is all about exes and ex-friends. lol

Read that Todrick Hall has been relentlessly dragged on social media for working with Taylor. Feel the hysterical attacks on him are dumb because bro needed to make the $$. Doesn't make him less of a black artist for collaborating with her. Some of the copying of Bey should've not been so obvious though...

The buzz has faded for her two songs and no one is talking about them.

I don’t think that her new album/era will out peak 1989, or like Adele did with 25>21.

On 9/15/2017 at 5:54 AM, Iconic Fetus said:

The buzz has faded for her two songs and no one is talking about them.

I don’t think that her new album/era will out peak 1989, or like Adele did with 25>21.

Yes the songs have faded in Europe. US and Oceania will hold on more. We will see.

I still wouldn't be surprised if she kills it w/ her first week album sales. But ONLY cause of the name/momentum from the last era. How many x...maybe hundreds of x have we seen this lol zzz. Aside from the music video, she ain't showing up at all with the music. Basically everyone I talk to offline (some who were Taylor loons or close to it) including much younger relatives, think the 1st single was garbage, ridiculous and don't feel much love for the 2nd 'buzz' song lol. She lost them and I think is losing the GP. Yes she'll benefit from holiday sales (who doesn't) but she ain't doing 1989 #s after the first few weeks. 0 hope for the world if she does. :# 

Oh and while I've been out of the pop music world loop for many days, looks like LWYMMD is slowing down on radio. May not even come close to #1 on pop! Though I'm sure the payola boost (an account which is 100x larger than GaGas) will come through any time lol 

On 9/16/2017 at 2:32 PM, Jester said:

Yes the songs have faded in Europe. US and Oceania will hold on more. We will see.

Europe? LOL

she is only famous in UK/Ireland and maybe a little bit in France

Tay never happened in Europe and now it's kind of late

Now is when she should be dropping the buzz single. Weird that she did it so early.