MadonnaNation.com Forums
Hector

Taylor Swift thread

Still cringing at her new "persona" and that dance break

On 9/2/2017 at 6:58 PM, vocalism said:

This is true, but it's much less prevalent. I know JT has been called "The NEW King of Pop" (that's slightly less offensive since it at least acknowledges that there was one before him), but Usher and Chris Brown? I don't doubt some idiot somewhere called them KOP, but even just genre-wise it makes no sense. (Ditto with calling Beyonce the Queen of Pop. M aside, it just doesn't feel right to me in terms of who she is as an artist.)

It just seems like the media is always looking for another "queen." Maybe it's because MJ was the one who started the whole KOP thing and always made it such a big fucking deal (a requirement?) to be called that at all times. Whereas M was anointed by the press and didn't seem to give a shit, so they feel more leeway to christen a new one? Aside from the TIC imagery and "royal box," I don't really remember her ever really referring to herself as the "queen" until the IG era. All I remember is when she called herself a "creamy smooth pop icon goddess" which was always tongue and cheek. She has never taken herself that seriously. But I digress...

Another thing, regardless of her success, TS doesn't feel like a "queen" of anything to me. A queen to me is a strong woman, which is why it was always perfect for Madonna and no one else of her era. It's why it never really stuck with Britney either. She and TS just feel like "girls" to me, who aren't totally in control.

Yes! Well said. Absolutely agree with this. Taylor likes to play the victim whereas Madonna does not. She's always been powerful and strong.

Regarding titles and such, Madonna doesn't seem to care too much about awards and QOP titles because she is very secure in herself. Michael did because he had a lot of insecurities and a lot of his self worth was tied to his success and accomplishments. I think some of that had to do with his childhood (I believe the same is true of Mariah Carey) and so his arrogance at times in that regard never bothered me like it does some of you but Madonna just seems totally fufilled and secure with herself. 

Madonna is confident and doesn't want to ever play the victim card. She's believable as a strong woman because that's what she is.

The other pop girls are just wannabes.

Skin    0

Is the song struggling at radio?  Hardly hear it anymore.

Hector    0

I watched MATM the other day after not seeing it in like 10 years and enjoyed it more than I did back then. That video is better than most of these pop princesses videos nowadays.

karbatal    0
18 hours ago, Django said:

Me Against The Music >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> anything released by Toiletmort ever

Please, Me Against the Music is shit. 

karbatal    0
2 hours ago, tuckeye said:

she should duet with kylie

They already did 

image.jpeg

Django    0
11 minutes ago, karbatal said:

And? It is still better than anything released by Taylor. 

Martin B.    0
1 hour ago, karbatal said:

They already did 

image.jpeg

Taylor's boobs job is very apparent in this picture. But this is not Kylie. She's not that tall.

Jester    0

Taylor is too tall, next to Kylie she will look like a real giant:cool:

13 hours ago, Hector said:

I watched MATM the other day after not seeing it in like 10 years and enjoyed it more than I did back then. That video is better than most of these pop princesses videos nowadays.

i remember i hated it when i was a kid but now i love it. Especially the guitar loop.

Back in the day, It was almost voted by TRL viewers to ban the song from TRL for a day (Clay Aiken beat them though lol)

vocalism    0

I like MATM the way I like GGW. It's catchy and has a great beat but the lyrics and especially M's vocals are terrible. It's not a bad song though. Not crazy about the video.

Jester    0

At least Taylor respects Madonna, has been filling stadiums and baseball parks without superbowl, unlike some gargoyles

She even posted links of Ghosttown on her twitter,facebook when the video came out.

Nick    0
On Friday, September 08, 2017 at 0:37 PM, GoodbyeToInnocence72 said:

Back in the day, It was almost voted by TRL viewers to ban the song from TRL for a day (Clay Aiken beat them though lol)

Can't believe TRL almost banned it, especially with all the shit videos they use to have on heavy rotation. 

spotlight    0
On 2017-09-07 at 0:56 PM, Django said:

Me Against The Music >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> anything released by Toiletmort ever

No lies detected here.

➕1️⃣

VogueMusic    0
On 9/7/2017 at 9:56 AM, Django said:

On 9/8/2017 at 4:16 AM, karbatal said:

Which should tell you something about Taylor's music. :newspaper:

VogueMusic    0
On 9/9/2017 at 1:13 PM, Jester said:

At least Taylor respects Madonna, has been filling stadiums and baseball parks without superbowl, unlike some gargoyles

She even posted links of Ghosttown on her twitter,facebook when the video came out.

I don't know if I'm buying that all that is a reflection of Taylor. I think it's more so just both management teams cross promoting,

Jester    0

Τaylor Swift also holds the record for the highest-grossing non-madonna, non-superbowl promoted tour of this decade.

VogueMusic    0
13 hours ago, Jester said:

Τaylor Swift also holds the record for the highest-grossing non-madonna, non-superbowl promoted tour of this decade.

This+is+so+cringe+worthy+_c6b7f62cac6db2