MadonnaNation.com Forums
Hector

Taylor Swift thread

Interesting that she didn't respond to her silence on Trump, which has been her loudest criticism, at the end.

JWNwoE8.png

Good video though, I have to admit. 

She's a two-faced, manipulative, petty, shady, cunty mean girl...and I love her for it. #SorryNotSorry

http://www.justjared.com/2017/08/28/taylor-swift-shatters-youtube-record-with-lwymmd-video/

Taylor Swift Shatters YouTube Record with ‘LWYMMD’ Video!

Taylor Swift is breaking records left and right with her new single "Look What You Made Me Do" and the latest record is very impressive!

The 27-year-old singer previously earned the record for most views of a lyric video in 24 hours and now she has the most views of a music video in 24 hours as well.

The previous record holder for a music video was Adele's "Hello," which was viewed 27 million in its first day. 

At the time this post was published, the video was already nearing 30 million views on YouTube and there are still several hours left to go for the first 24-hour period.

Congrats to Taylor on this accomplishment!

12 minutes ago, Hector said:

http://www.justjared.com/2017/08/28/taylor-swift-shatters-youtube-record-with-lwymmd-video/

Taylor Swift Shatters YouTube Record with ‘LWYMMD’ Video!

Taylor Swift is breaking records left and right with her new single "Look What You Made Me Do" and the latest record is very impressive!

The 27-year-old singer previously earned the record for most views of a lyric video in 24 hours and now she has the most views of a music video in 24 hours as well.

The previous record holder for a music video was Adele's "Hello," which was viewed 27 million in its first day. 

At the time this post was published, the video was already nearing 30 million views on YouTube and there are still several hours left to go for the first 24-hour period.

Congrats to Taylor on this accomplishment!

I'm not surprised by this. That Adele song was obviously huge, but the video was a snoozefest and Adele isn't known for her videos. Something like Taylor's video was bound to break the record.

1 hour ago, MadFan said:

Interesting that she didn't respond to her silence on Trump, which has been her loudest criticism, at the end.

JWNwoE8.png

Good video though, I have to admit. 

As some have said, I think she's made the calculation that speaking out politically would hurt her among middle America. And she isn't wrong. 

it will become the fastest video to reach 100m views in like 3 days...

It broke Spotify reacord with 10m streams in one day

according to sources it will better with more than 500k pure sales in us, outselling the cure of gaga 's in like 3 days.:rotfl:

I must admit, as much as I can't stand this little cunt of a woman....the video was somewhat enjoyable.  Watched it once and that was enough (for me).  Curiosity got the best of me.  NEXT!!!

4 hours ago, LHakaLH said:

She's a two-faced, manipulative, petty, shady, cunty mean girl...and I love her for it. #SorryNotSorry

Why do you love someone for being a horrible, manipulative, petty.,cunty  mean girl ? I can understand if you say you love her music or find her attractive whatever but can't get my head around people loving someone for being a horrible person.  Just interested in why people admire Taylor for being such a vicious mean girl. 

1 hour ago, Jester said:

it will become the fastest video to reach 100m views in like 3 days...

It broke Spotify reacord with 10m streams in one day

according to sources it will better with more than 500k pure sales in us, outselling the cure of gaga 's in like 3 days.:rotfl:

Yup dont think this song is leaving #1 ANYtime soon. Could plummet in sales which it wont but shes gonna pull a Rihanna/Work (shit song but mammoth streaming, views etc...) Unfrigginbelivable .lol Imagine if the song had SIO-ish universal quality or any of the #1s from 1989 or even before.

This is looking like a 'Hello' situation- explode out of the gate, #1 for many weeks, peak early on pop and everywhere then be replaced prob.  by her next single lol. Doubtful Eminem, Kelly Clarkson or anyone else is touching Taylor the rest of the year.

Just wish Taylor had the 14 #1 singles instead of Rihanna (Taylor only has 5)..crazy!  This cunning bitch clearly has the juice and drive to pump out #1s like a machine now. Too much momentum (good or bad) Despacito is rapidly deflating now. Be grateful Taylor didn't release even a week before. Wouldn't even be a tie w/ OSD. 

19 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Why do you love someone for being a horrible, manipulative, petty.,cunty  mean girl ? I can understand if you say you love her music or find her attractive whatever but can't get my head around people loving someone for being a horrible person.  Just interested in why people admire Taylor for being such a vicious mean girl. 

To be fair, we don't know she is this way in real life -- just in the entertainment business.  I would have loved it if Madonna had went in this hard against Gaga or Elton in a big budget, all out video. 

1 hour ago, todsmod said:

I must admit, as much as I can't stand this little cunt of a woman....the video was somewhat enjoyable.  Watched it once and that was enough (for me).  Curiosity got the best of me.  NEXT!!!

Taylor was gonna smash...we all knew that regardless of the quality. The video is just that good that w/ the current chart system, she doesn't even need the song to be good! :/ The video/streaming alone will propel the song to multi weeks at #1. This ain't going down anytime soon. 

7 minutes ago, rocknrolla said:

To be fair, we don't know she is this way in real life -- just in the entertainment business.  I would have loved it if Madonna had went in this hard against Gaga or Elton in a big budget, all out video. 

Problem is the GP (mainly non dark blue liberal states) hates. dislikes or are completely are disconnected from Madonna so she'd get burnt at the stake if she did that 24/7. 25 f'king years later the ghosts/haters of Erotica/Sex still loom. Its crazy. Taylor has and will ALWAYS make sure she has the GP (white middle America who are most important for her chart success). M lost them in 1992/93 forever. 

looks like she got botox 

43 minutes ago, rocknrolla said:

Think the exact opposite. Madonna has never needed to worry about other shady singers because she is a superstar due to legitimate reasons.  Her timeless music and incredible videos have stood the test of time. She does not need to bring attention to Gaga or Elton. 

Well, we did get the Born this way video/mashup :bad:  But  you're right, I probably wouldn't want any more than that.

I predicted this would flop because people would be completely over all this Kanye feud nonsense-- boy was I wrong!  It seems so tired to me.  And the song is beyond terrible.

OMG :dramatic: 

Streaming

1. Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do 33,186,189
2. Luis Fonsi - Despacito ft. Daddy Yankee 15,736,163
3. J. Balvin, Willy William - Mi Gente (Official Video) 10,779,706
4. Katy Perry - Swish Swish (Official) ft. Nicki Minaj 8,352,739
5. Ed Sheeran - Shape of You [Official Video] 8,074,157

1 hour ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Problem is the GP (mainly non dark blue liberal states) hates. dislikes or are completely are disconnected from Madonna so she'd get burnt at the stake if she did that 24/7. 25 f'king years later the ghosts/haters of Erotica/Sex still loom. Its crazy. Taylor has and will ALWAYS make sure she has the GP (white middle America who are most important for her chart success). M lost them in 1992/93 forever. 

That is utter nonsense. We all know the figures she pulled for TAB, Evita, ROL, Music, HU, Confessions and all her touring grosses, I don't need to quote them. She gained the majority of her audience back. Sex has nothing to do with anything. Her record sales have come to a natural standstill like they do for every artist of a certain age.

23 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

I'd rather see Taylor having all the success rather than Gaga

Same. At least Taylor respects Madonna. I remember reading that she was inspired by Like a prayer for her 1989 album. Basic, overrated, manipulative, mean..yes. .but so are plenty of current pop girls. I think she gets too much hate here. Personally I'm quite indifferent to her.

I don't understand why she gets crucified by the media for doing AND being exactl what gaga does and is. 

2 hours ago, david86 said:

This is terrible....

imagine madonna doing that: now buy my serum, then buy my rose mist, then buy my chrome clay mask and you're front row! :lol2:

2 hours ago, david86 said:

This is terrible....

It's disgusting but everyone will love her for it and admire her for exploiting her fans. Taylor can do no wrong ! 

26 minutes ago, Kilt said:

imagine madonna doing that: now buy my serum, then buy my rose mist, then buy my chrome clay mask and you're front row! :lol2:

And we will do it!!! :lol: kidding ofcourse