MadonnaNation.com Forums
Hector

Oh look what you made me do... SNAKES on a PLANE.

22 minutes ago, VogueMusic said:

THIS is what blows my mind about the touring part. Sales and singles aside...she is HORRIFIC as a live performer. Even with production value behind her, she is as bland as they come. This has been obvious FOR YEARS!!!!!  From vocals, to stage presence, to performance ability... HORRIBLE.  Why I don't get the selling out stadiums thing.. WTF!!!!!????

Beyond depressing.

Sign of the times. 

15 minutes ago, Skin said:

You have to look no further than Ed Sheeran to know rancid and dull is simply what sells these days.

Ed-Sheeran-Rex.jpg

Ugh, Bland and Blander in all their glory.  

How on earth did these two become the biggest names in pop music for the past few years in some places ?   It is like one of the biggest mysteries in the world. Through time we have celebrated performers with charisma, stage prescence, stage craft,  talent, excitement and truly memorable songs and here we are now - stuck with Ed and Taylor :wacko:

I wish the footage of Taylor at that Jingle ball had not been taken down to watch. Even her biggest fans would admit to it being beyond dreadful. 

you mean this performance?

no one seems into it. horrible playback

3 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Ugh, Bland and Blander in all their glory.  

How on earth did these two become the biggest names in pop music for the past few years in some places ?   It is like one of the biggest mysteries in the world. Through time we have celebrated performers with charisma, stage prescence, stage craft,  talent, excitement and truly memorable songs and here we are now - stuck with Ed and Taylor :wacko:

I wish the footage of Taylor at that Jingle ball had not been taken down to watch. Even her biggest fans would admit to it being beyond dreadful. 

The French philosopher Alain Deneault has developed a theory that we are currently living in a mediocracy, which means that we have mediocre elites and leaders who have nothing to say or offer and that big corporations have taken power. In terms of music, these two confirm his theory.

*Europe reaction to the launching of the single and album*

unimpressed.jpg

4 hours ago, Martin B. said:

The French philosopher Alain Deneault has developed a theory that we are currently living in a mediocracy, which means that we have mediocre elites and leaders who have nothing to say or offer and that big corporations have taken power. In terms of music, these two confirm his theory.

If this is true, then it's been true for at least 50 years. Nothing new.

14 hours ago, Martin B. said:

Very interesting. Also explains how reality TV shows have flourished, people famous for nothing have become household names and sportsman's wives have become tv presenters.  :wacko: Also why so many remakes, reboots and sequels are made.  

I am hoping the tide is turning. Lots of great television series being made for pay tv now to make up for the absolute mindless drivel on prime time. 

We need some great talented music stars to dominate again like they have done throughout history.  

Haha, every video of that performance you guys have posted has been pulled from youtube.  :lmao:

50 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Very interesting. Also explains how reality TV shows have flourished, people famous for nothing have become household names and sportsman's wives have become tv presenters.  :wacko: Also why so many remakes, reboots and sequels are made.  

I am hoping the tide is turning. Lots of great television series bring made for pay tv now to make up for the absolute mindless drivel on prime time. 

We need some great talented music stars to dominate again like they have done throughout history.  

These truly are Godless times. A child molestor like Lena Dunham is hailed as a feminist figure, the Kardashians are famous everywhere thanks to Kim faking an orgasm during anal with Ray J and that potato face idiot who's married to John Legend is a TV presenter. The fuck is happening?

1 hour ago, VogueMusic said:

Haha, every video of that performance you guys have posted has been pulled from youtube.  :lmao:

:rotfl: They know how pathetic it is. To think she was miming as well !  No performing skills at all. 

1 hour ago, Marco said:

These truly are Godless times. A child molestor like Lena Dunham is hailed as a feminist figure, the Kardashians are famous everywhere thanks to Kim faking an orgasm during anal with Ray J and that potato face idiot who's married to John Legend is a TV presenter. The fuck is happening?

Yes, people becoming famous despite having no talent or skills is mind numbing. Then to top it off, average and below average performers are treated like major talents and described as geniuses. 

2 hours ago, Marco said:

And a reality television show carnival barker became President of the United States of America, off the tide of rising (global) neofascism... 

Scary as shit times indeed.

Yikes according to Hits Daily who of course initially were paid said she'd duke it out with U2 for #1 (who are expected to sell around 170k total) but Taylor may not even crack 70k total everything just 3 or 4 weeks after release lol .:blink::sick: Looks like the major plummeting is beginning. Plus, again, it's in/around the peak of the holiday buying season! Most DEF her Born This Way. Garbage singles. Meh reception on radio, botched almost non existent promo, arrogant/entitled demeanor, marketing etc...Sorry, in a year with consecutive train wrecks esp with the mega female stars, Katy still pissed all over Taylor in terms of quality but the media and record mafia clearly has beef with her and flushed her yet it's the opposite with the Snake and of course Gaga. They'll still spin it like Taylor legitimately smashed lol

10 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Yes, people becoming famous despite having no talent or skills is mind numbing. Then to top it off, average and below average performers are treated like major talents and described as geniuses. 

I think the problem with the current generation is that most kids my age (21) are overly sensitive and can’t take any constructive criticism so society and their neurotic parents give them a pass. It’s the reason why all these talentless and bland creatures like Taylor, Selena Gomez or Ed Sheeran are famous.

9 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

And a reality television show carnival barker became President of the United States of America, off the tide of rising (global) neofascism... 

Scary as shit times indeed.

KellyAnne Conway scares me too. She’s the new Sarah Palin except not as unintentionally hilarious.

Radio 2 was playing gorgeous last night. Just sounded so generic and uninspired. 

Third single in about two months. This album will be over by the year end.

On 12/4/2017 at 8:59 PM, jonski43 said:

This was a shitty tweet. 

On 12/2/2017 at 3:02 PM, VogueMusic said:

Interesting stuff out there about how the industry manipulates sales now (just like they do with most everything else).

Which makes her album and ticket sales quite fishy, considering there's been no major hit from 4 songs so far...

I don't see any major buzz about her tour in pop circles around social media. I wonder how much of this is bought up by re-sellers? I'm sure her team have a very profitable deal with those outlets. I also wonder how much of the current success is because of the previous album/tour cycle? Always seems like a big previous era is good footing for the follow-up. The question is if she doesn't score another major mainstream hit on the next album cycle, will we see these types of numbers again...?

She has a solid fan base that bought her album when it came out, hit songs or not. It's just the casuals who didn't bother.

On 12/3/2017 at 6:15 AM, Jazzy Jan said:

The music world is in a mess when people are duetting with Ed Sheeran to guarantee a hit song. :wacko:  So with Taylor and Ed duetting, we really do have the emergence of "bland and blander" 

They already did a duet ages ago before Taytay went full pop. And the song is lovely. :inlove: (because of Tay) I still dislike Ed Shitran though. At the gym they played his music and I was so pissed off. :lmao: 

17 hours ago, Marco said:

KellyAnne Conway scares me too. She’s the new Sarah Palin except not as unintentionally hilarious.

Palin was harmless overall. A stooge. KellyAnne is a minister of propaganda and lies, and well educated and experienced on what she's doing. Far more dangerous.

What a horrible "live" performance. She and Ed fit together very well. None of them has any stage presence or charisma.

she's bringing performance art to a whole new level

albeit a shitty one :chuckle:

dafuq?

image.jpg

10 hours ago, mamifero said:

dafuq?

image.jpg

This is really the first time I’ve been legit ANGRY about her and her ridiculous team of PR people. 

Really? Taylor Swift? Over Kesha? Who made an album 10 times more personal, raw, real, and authentic than this bitch could ever do. Kesha, who publicly went out there to address the issue instead of hiding behind a team of lawyers in a courtroom. Kesha, whom I don’t even CARE for very much from a musical standpoint. 

Whst a sad blatant attempt to sell a magazine. She’s the worst. 

3 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

This is really the first time I’ve been legit ANGRY about her and her ridiculous team of PR people. 

Really? Taylor Swift? Over Kesha? Who made an album 10 times more personal, raw, real, and authentic than this bitch could ever do. Kesha, who publicly went out there to address the issue instead of hiding behind a team of lawyers in a courtroom. Kesha, whom I don’t even CARE for very much from a musical standpoint. 

Whst a sad blatant attempt to sell a magazine. She’s the worst. 

Yeah, Kesha would have been the more obvious choice. I was like "What does TS have to do with sexual harassment?" I totally forgot about TS and that DJ or whoever he was. 

14 hours ago, mamifero said:

dafuq?

image.jpg

That was totally paid for. She doesn't deserve to be there.