MadonnaNation.com Forums

18 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

So sorry to read that. Worrying beyond words when family and friends are in another place where a weather disaster has hit.  Always hard to get contact due to lines of communication being down. Hope you hear from your sister soon and all are safe. 

Just got my sister on the phone. They are all safe. 

Earthquake, tsunami in mexico, Irma and Jose going to hit America like nothing before, whats going on ?

I was in US late august....

2 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

Thank goodness they are all safe.

Roland, you need to get some rest now after all the worrying that you have been through. 

Awful news :sadface:

Weather is getting increasingly unpredictable and violent. Glad your sister is safe Roland

breaking: Ιrma will hit as a level 5(deadly) hurricane.

sEk5HCS.gif

It's going to rip right through. Stay safe!

I can't even imagine. and for all those less fortunate with no transport, home, family, money...just awful. 

13 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

Glad she's safe. Hopefully everyone else is safe too. 

15 hours ago, Hector said:

I saw this moron on CNN last night :electropop:

Must be a Trump supporter.

16 hours ago, Hector said:

I saw this moron on CNN last night :electropop:

So he's gonna ride it out....on his boat?  And if it gets too bad, he'll go to a wooden structure?  Some people have no common sense.  With a storm this big, why think you can outsmart the wrath of mother nature?  I'm sure he'll be the first one crying to be rescued after Irma hits.  I, in no way, wish harm or destruction on anyone in Irma's path.  But, if you have means to evacuate, why not?  I also understand there are many that do not have the means to leave, but the ignorance/arrogance of this man is just....dumb.  He's obviously never been through a major hurricane.

I'm in southeast Louisiana and have never had to evacuate, though there were several major storms (Andrew, Rita, Katrina....to name a few) that caused us major damage.  But I think if I lived on/near that close to the water and embracing for a direct hit from something as big as Irma.....my ass would be out of there!!!

Prayers to all that may be affected by this hurricane. 

F L O R I D A -- The governor just stated if you can't get out of any mandatory evacuation, whether for fuel or any reason at all, call 1-800-955-5504, right now! He said they will do anything in their power to help get anyone in a mandatory evacuation area out. Even if you are elderly, disabled, have pets, have no money, any reason at all they will get you and your loved ones out.

I hope things turn out ok. At least there were no killed in Cuba and it seems that Irma is not crashing directly into Miami. 

And just to get this a bit less dramatic... This made me laugh

tumblr_ovz5tt7cFn1uy57v5o1_1280.jpg

Nervous about the hurricane! My parents left SW Florida & came to NY because as of now, their area is going to be hit by the eye of hurricane for sure. Their home is only a mile outside the mandatory evacuation zone. It's supposedly too far from the beach to get hit by the ten to twelve feet ocean surge, which is predicted to be the worse in the entire state.:nervous:

Very sad because use to spend a lot of time on the beautiful beaches on the gulf of Mexico in SW Florida. They are def going to be destroyed. Hope people stay safe & don't have damages to their apartments & homes. 

What fucking mad times we are living. When i was a kid i was vacationing in Miami and we had to evacuate because Hugo was coming, these images of exodus remind me of that. 

We are not safe anywhere anymore. Some member i PM with know that a year ago my mother's house just 6 miles outside of Paris was drowned in 5.5 ft of water from one of the biggest floods Paris had seen. 

My sister just survived Irma in Tortola but i don't know what the situation is there right now, is it safe for them to stay ? My youngest nephew is traumatized. I just want to hop on a plane and bring them back by force.

I cross my fingers ( i don't pray) everything will be OK in Florida (except Mar a Lago. I want it destroyed, sorry). I hope everything is fine in cuba too and all the places that have been hit by this Whore (Irma la douce my ass). I was so focused on finding my family that i did not even learnt about the awful huge earthquake in south Mexico before yesterday. My heart goes out to all mexicans. Too many shits going on at the same time (we almost forgot N. Korea wants to nuke the planet). 

I have not slept in days and even though i'm relieved my family is ok, i still worry for my friends in St Martin and in Florida (who were very helpful these last few days helping locating people in Tortola, not just my family but friends also) and it keeps me awake. 

I hope mybestfriendingrid is safe in her nuclear shelter with all her Madonna memorabilia :) (let's try comic relief to cheer up). 

Please let everybody be safe.

40 minutes ago, Hector said:

Ciccone'sCheeks is from Florida I hope he's safe and secure!

Sending prayers for him and his loved ones. Really hope people are looking after themselves and stay safe away from the soon-affected areas.