2017 Hurricanes

Camacho

:shutup:

“I hate to tell you Puerto Rico, but you’ve thrown our budget a little out of whack, because we’ve spent a lot of money on Puerto Rico. And that's fine we've saved a lot of lives. Every death is a horror but if you look at a real catastrophe like Katrina..."

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/10/trump-puerto-rico-visit/541869/?utm_source=atlfb

“Every death is a horror, but if you look at a real catastrophe like Katrina, and you look at the tremendous hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of people that died, and you look at what happened here and what is your death count? Sixteen people, versus in the thousands,” Trump said. “You can be very proud. Sixteen versus literally thousands of people.”

Just now, Crystal Coffin said:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/10/trump-puerto-rico-visit/541869/?utm_source=atlfb

“Every death is a horror, but if you look at a real catastrophe like Katrina, and you look at the tremendous hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of people that died, and you look at what happened here and what is your death count? Sixteen people, versus in the thousands,” Trump said. “You can be very proud. Sixteen versus literally thousands of people.”

Wow. 

35 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

Wow. 

Grandpa Cheeto is getting more senile and thinks he's on a game show. He's going to show up to an Oval Office meeting in his pajamas soon I bet.

9 hours ago, Crystal Coffin said:

Trump is nothing more than pond scum.  Truly appalling and sickening comments. 

3 weeks after the hurricane most of the island is still without power and 1/2 still don't have clean running water. 3.5 million AMERICANS live in Puerto Rico and Trump continues to tweet garbage like this 

It's so fucking bizarre seeing how Americans literally do not give a shit about other Americans (in Puerto Rico) because they're way too fucking ignorant to know that Puerto Rico IS the US. 

And I find it even more bizarre that it's 2017 and Puerto Ricans feels perfectly comfortable being a colony. I just don't get it. 

It's infuriating. I live in NYC which has a humongous Puerto Rican population, so it's a very huge deal here. Puerto Rico recovery efforts is the lead story on the local news here every day. But outside the NY/NJ area I barely see this get any attention.