2017 Hurricanes

Camacho

16 hours ago, Hector said:

I saw this moron on CNN last night :electropop:

So he's gonna ride it out....on his boat?  And if it gets too bad, he'll go to a wooden structure?  Some people have no common sense.  With a storm this big, why think you can outsmart the wrath of mother nature?  I'm sure he'll be the first one crying to be rescued after Irma hits.  I, in no way, wish harm or destruction on anyone in Irma's path.  But, if you have means to evacuate, why not?  I also understand there are many that do not have the means to leave, but the ignorance/arrogance of this man is just....dumb.  He's obviously never been through a major hurricane.

I'm in southeast Louisiana and have never had to evacuate, though there were several major storms (Andrew, Rita, Katrina....to name a few) that caused us major damage.  But I think if I lived on/near that close to the water and embracing for a direct hit from something as big as Irma.....my ass would be out of there!!!

Prayers to all that may be affected by this hurricane. 

F L O R I D A -- The governor just stated if you can't get out of any mandatory evacuation, whether for fuel or any reason at all, call 1-800-955-5504, right now! He said they will do anything in their power to help get anyone in a mandatory evacuation area out. Even if you are elderly, disabled, have pets, have no money, any reason at all they will get you and your loved ones out.

Nervous about the hurricane! My parents left SW Florida & came to NY because as of now, their area is going to be hit by the eye of hurricane for sure. Their home is only a mile outside the mandatory evacuation zone. It's supposedly too far from the beach to get hit by the ten to twelve feet ocean surge, which is predicted to be the worse in the entire state.:nervous:

Very sad because use to spend a lot of time on the beautiful beaches on the gulf of Mexico in SW Florida. They are def going to be destroyed. Hope people stay safe & don't have damages to their apartments & homes. 

What fucking mad times we are living. When i was a kid i was vacationing in Miami and we had to evacuate because Hugo was coming, these images of exodus remind me of that. 

We are not safe anywhere anymore. Some member i PM with know that a year ago my mother's house just 6 miles outside of Paris was drowned in 5.5 ft of water from one of the biggest floods Paris had seen. 

My sister just survived Irma in Tortola but i don't know what the situation is there right now, is it safe for them to stay ? My youngest nephew is traumatized. I just want to hop on a plane and bring them back by force.

I cross my fingers ( i don't pray) everything will be OK in Florida (except Mar a Lago. I want it destroyed, sorry). I hope everything is fine in cuba too and all the places that have been hit by this Whore (Irma la douce my ass). I was so focused on finding my family that i did not even learnt about the awful huge earthquake in south Mexico before yesterday. My heart goes out to all mexicans. Too many shits going on at the same time (we almost forgot N. Korea wants to nuke the planet). 

I have not slept in days and even though i'm relieved my family is ok, i still worry for my friends in St Martin and in Florida (who were very helpful these last few days helping locating people in Tortola, not just my family but friends also) and it keeps me awake. 

I hope mybestfriendingrid is safe in her nuclear shelter with all her Madonna memorabilia :) (let's try comic relief to cheer up). 

Please let everybody be safe.

47 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

I cannot possibly believe this is real. Who are these people? http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/florida-police-urge-people-not-11143620

Please tell me this isn't real.  Are there really people in this world who are THAT ignorant?  Then for him to say:  "it's out of my control....I didn't know the response would be this big".  What a fucking fool (if this is true....and I hope it's not).  IF it is true, then he and his gun deserve to be thrown around like the rag doll he resembles.

3 hours ago, todsmod said:

Please tell me this isn't real.  Are there really people in this world who are THAT ignorant?  Then for him to say:  "it's out of my control....I didn't know the response would be this big".  What a fucking fool (if this is true....and I hope it's not).  IF it is true, then he and his gun deserve to be thrown around like the rag doll he resembles.

Next we will hear that the US government is going to stop cat 4/5 hurricanes by dropping the atomic bomb. Honest how can some people be so thick? :wacko:

@Hector  Devastating!!  I woke up early this morning to see what/where Irma was doing.  I couldn't watch for long.  It makes me sick that Florida (which I have so many fond memories of) is getting so tattered and torn.  Like I said before, I've been through a few major hurricanes....but this bitch looks brutal!!!  I just hope and pray that most people are safe and they have something to return to.....and, that maybe Mar-a-lago (Trump's other WH) is blown away....with him in it!!!

33 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

Next we will hear that the US government is going to stop cat 4/5 hurricanes by dropping the atomic bomb. Honest how can some people be so thick? :wacko:

I've thought before, why not everybody throw ice in the ocean to cool the water?  I know....if only it were that easy!!!  But to shoot at a storm (or bomb it)....come on!!!!!  You simply CAN'T control mother nature or the planet's way of "fixing" itself.  Earth will survive.  Humans....not so sure.?  Too many philosophical questions for my pea brain (nature vs nurture)...and all that!!  I stand by my moral:  Live and let live!!!  Love yourself, your fellow man/woman, the planet you call home and above all, GOD.  

Hope I didn't get too "preachy"!!!?

3 minutes ago, todsmod said:

I've thought before, why not everybody throw ice in the ocean to cool the water?  I know....if only it were that easy!!!  But to shoot at a storm (or bomb it)....come on!!!!!  You simply CAN'T control mother nature or the planet's way of "fixing" itself.  Earth will survive.  Humans....not so sure.?  Too many philosophical questions for my pea brain (nature vs nurture)...and all that!!  I stand by my moral:  Live and let live!!!  Love yourself, your fellow man/woman, the planet you call home and above all, GOD.  

Hope I didn't get too "preachy"!!!?

Not at all. Evil seems to be a reality that's getting more and more power lately. People have to be aware of the consequences they're facing if they don't choose to walk on the right path. Western governments - and actually in this case all countries in the world - have a responsibility to do something about climate change. It's been a challenge that's been talked about for decades now but they never took it seriously. My mom always says "There was a time when people were more aware of pollution and its impact was still minimal. Now people simply don't care to the point they are even denying it!" 

6 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

Not at all. Evil seems to be a reality that's getting more and more power lately. People have to be aware of the consequences they're facing if they don't choose to walk on the right path. Western governments - and actually in this case all countries in the world - have a responsibility to do something about climate change. It's been a challenge that's been talked about for decades now but they never took it seriously. My mom always says "There was a time when people were more aware of pollution and its impact was still minimal. Now people simply don't care to the point they are even denying it!" 

I hear 'ya!!!  I could tell you stories about growing up and the way we disposed of trash.  When looking back now, I realize how wrong we were.  You have to take responsibility and do what you can to help the planet you dwell on.  But back then, it was not only brought up....it wasn't talked about.  No one knew the consequences that would eventually follow.  

"If I could tuhrnn bakkkk taohmmmm"!!!  (In my Cher voice)!!!

I spoke to my brother's ex wife in SW Florida. Couldnt believe she & other family members stayed in their home during the hurricane.:no: They lost electricity very quickly, but they had a generator. There was about three feet of flooding outside their condo, but nothing life threatening. I was told that the hurricane winds literally sounded like a screeching train going by! 

If I was in their scary situation, I would've just headed north as quickly as possible. I personally don't like to take unnecessary risks. I hope that everyone else's friends & loved one made it out ok.