2017 Hurricanes

Camacho

My sister and nephews live in the British Virgin Islands, Irma is heading straight to them. She was cool on skype a few minutes ago but i'm shitting my pants and can't sleep. I monitor the Hurricane progression on Windy.com and to make things worst there's another one following it (Jose) that is gaining strenght. Fuck that shit.

6 hours ago, Skin said:

Not to sound harsh but is Irma going to wipe Florida off the map?  Everything I am hearing is frightening.

Dude!!!  That's some scary shit.  Although I hate to see anyone/anywhere go through this kind of destruction....I can't help but think "don't bring that over here"!!! And to think we were thinking about moving to Florida.....to retire and enjoy and bask in the sunlight/warmth/beauty of the ocean.  

I'm moving to Portugal w/M!!!  :chuckle:

Irma and it's collision course w/Florida doesn't look good.  Prayers for all those in this bitches path.  Really does make you wonder, what is this world coming to?  But I can also remember my parents saying the same thing.  Although not in the same context (natural disasters).   Was more of "what's that music they're listening to, why they're wearing that"....etc.

Irma is looking very bad. I'm very worried about my many relatives and friends in the Caribbean and Florida. :nervous: If the computer models are right this is going to be the worst hurricane to hit  Florida in many years. One of my friends waited 6 hours at Costco just to get bottled water! Many store shelves are empty and gas stations are increasingly running out of gas.

4 minutes ago, Hector said:

Irma is looking very bad. I'm very worried about my many relatives and friends in the Caribbean and Florida. :nervous: If the computer models are right this is going to be the worst hurricane to hit  Florida in many years. One of my friends waited 6 hours at Costco just to get bottled water! Many store shelves are empty and gas stations are increasingly running out of gas.

So frightening.   Hope your relatives and friends will be OK.  

On 6 September 2017 at 10:44 AM, Roland Barthes said:

My sister and nephews live in the British Virgin Islands, Irma is heading straight to them. She was cool on skype a few minutes ago but i'm shitting my pants and can't sleep. I monitor the Hurricane progression on Windy.com and to make things worst there's another one following it (Jose) that is gaining strenght. Fuck that shit.

Roland Barthes, Hope they are safe and OK.  

What I find terrible is that there is still some people (mostly Republicans) who says it costs too much to take care of the environment and it's not good for the economy.

Now, what is bad for the economy, really ? :banghead:

Irma not looking good for Florida (and the islands).  Then there's Jose....WTF?  Also another probably heading for Mexico!?  I was watching news this morning.  The lines for goods, gas and evacuation routes....it's heart wrenching.  Hope everyone's friends/families remain safe. 

21 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

So frightening.   Hope your relatives and friends will be OK.  

I still don't have any news on the whereabouts of my sister, her husband and my nephews. I'm trying everything and everywhere but so far nothing. I have not slept in 2 days and i'm starting to fall apart but i can say it here not on FB and not to my family and friends otherwise they will flip out too. So thanks Madonnation for sheltering my worries i can't express anywhere else. 

1 hour ago, Roland Barthes said:

I still don't have any news on the whereabouts of my sister, her husband and my nephews. I'm trying everything and everywhere but so far nothing. I have not slept in 2 days and i'm starting to fall apart but i can say it here not on FB and not to my family and friends otherwise they will flip out too. So thanks Madonnation for sheltering my worries i can't express anywhere else. 

So sorry to read that. Worrying beyond words when family and friends are in another place where a weather disaster has hit.  Always hard to get contact due to lines of communication being down. Hope you hear from your sister soon and all are safe. 

1 hour ago, Jazzy Jan said:

So sorry to read that. Worrying beyond words when family and friends are in another place where a weather disaster has hit.  Always hard to get contact due to lines of communication being down. Hope you hear from your sister soon and all are safe. 

I managed to get in touch with a neighbour, he's trying to check on everybody but since it's a community on a hill and there are rockslides and it's getting dark now. I told him to check back tomorrow because it's not safe for him. At least no casualties were repertoried in the area. I hold on to that. I learnt from one of my nephew's friend who is abroad on boarding school that they lost their roof. 

18 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Just got my sister on the phone. They are all safe.