MadonnaNation.com Forums
Crux

"Causing A Commotion" is 30 today!

Give it up for this wonderful underrated 80's track.

30 years old today.

MV5BOGZkYmQ3NGQtNjY3Zi00ZWZiLWI4M2YtZGJk

:bow::bow::bow:

Fucking fantastic song... Madonna can sure create pop masterpieces.  Brilliant... One of her best songs ever...  Thank you for reminding me that Madonna is a pop goddess and genius. xoxxo

One of her best 80's songs! The BAT performance is marvelous.

I don't care that people say it's like a cheap knockoff of ITG....I love it!

wish it'd get released on some compilation (other than The Holiday Collection)

Needs to be brought back in the next tour

Into the Groove's underappreciated little sister. I adore this song. 

The ONLY reason it's not as remembered as the rest of her 80's catalog is because the rest were SO massive and iconic, that gems like this, Who's That Girl, Angel, and Cherish get lost in the shuffle. 

As much as I love Burning Up...they coulda replaced with CAC...there were 5 Songs from the debut....this woulda kept WTG company

Love her vocals on the track! 

Both performances from WTG & BAT are amazing too:excl::excl:

Fantastic song.  Pop perfection as Madonna does better than anyone.  Great verses, chorus, bridge and vocals.  Love it. 

Total jam!! Yet another perfect, infectious as hell classic M pop song. NO idea why she pisses all over it lol. As beloved and in the upper tier of demand by her fans (and even casual/ former fans) as WTG, Rescue Me and a few others that she still blackballs/disowns the shit out of :( lol Hopefully she'll cave like she did for True Blue and WTG which up until just 3 years ago looked like they were forever 6 feet under. 

I love it! I play it all the time. A perfect pop song.

Shep's remix improves on the original (new vocal too, right?). I wish she included this mix on her collections.

The way she sings:

🎵I hope you find what you're looking for
Is it mine, walk through that door
We're wasting time, make up your mind
And get into the groove🎵

:drama:

The WTG performance was perfection , i remember people used to mock the who's that girl singles .They all came up after the universal acclaim of TB (the most succesfull era of M ,in Europe at least) ,so it was hard to compete

Madonna_Causing_A_Commotion_Live_Ciao_Italia.gif

One of my favourite songs,  WTG is life!!

at 10 years old locked in my room waiting for this performance to be shown at mtv madonna weekends.

Last week been listing to this cover I really like

Amazing song with an equally amazing stadium rendition. Madonna being a sheer stage animal comes out in full force with this song on WTG. Love the golden lame jacket forever. Elvis Presley would be so proud just for this performance. Nobody else since does even come remotely close to possessing such energy and innate aura

3 hours ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Total jam!! Yet another perfect, infectious as hell classic M pop song. NO idea why she pisses all over it lol. As beloved and in the upper tier of demand by her fans (and even casual/ former fans) as WTG, Rescue Me and a few others that she still blackballs/disowns the shit out of :( lol Hopefully she'll cave like she did for True Blue and WTG which up until just 3 years ago looked like they were forever 6 feet under. 

:thumbsup:

I never thought it was underrated until the fans said it was, but then again I was 1 YO when it was released so I don't know anything, all I know it that the Holiday Collection got plenty of spins in my household because of this great tune.

One of her best middle 8's ever:

"I hope you find what you're looking for... Is it mine, walk through the door" love it!!!

yasss, such a great song for performing and the recorded version is great too!

One of her funkiest jams ever. An absolute Madonna classic. Quintessential 80s pop. An absolute fave. And LONG overdue for a live reinvention.