MadonnaNation.com Forums
5iVe Elements

What is Your Favorite "Part" of Madonna's Voice?

Mine has to be her deep voice especially in the ballads. 

Can't get enough of it.

All to be honest. But if I had to pick, it would be her sweetness. True Blue (song) and Cherish are the example. 

Can a mod edit the title to "Most Favorite"? Thanks. 

I prefer her deep register. I kinda miss her voice before she trained it lol. I know that probably doesn't make any sense lol

I do too, secret, Deeper and Deeper, ... the low voice please...

Obviously I love all aspects of Madonna's voice, she's been able to convey all range of emotions and make me feel and connect with her and the history behind her songs like no other singer ever. 

If I had to choose one in particular it would be the speaking voice of Future Lovers in COADF or in Justify My Love, they make me  :drama: I really love how all COADF was sung. 

The high pitched vocals in I'm a sinner for example aren't my favorite. 

Really appreciate that there's a real fragility in her voice, especially on many of her ballads. Makes her voice extremely unique in the current world of TV singing competitions. 

Lower register definitely. And unlayered. Mirwais understood this.

2 hours ago, 5iVe Elements said:

Can a mod edit the title to "Most Favorite"? Thanks. 

Edit your 1st post and you can edit the title.

6 minutes ago, Kim said:

:inlove::yes:

I get the point of this thread and it's a totally valid question. But as much as I try, can't decide on just one cause I love 'em all! lol. Like her image, persona etc...she's a master vocal chameleon depending on the song. Whether it's her punk/rock, hard ass register (Gambler, Burning Up, Open Your Heart) to upbeat, girly (True Blue, Cherish) or Karen Carpenter sad/dark (LTT, Oh Father, Frozen, I'll Remember etc..). So, yeah, kind of a flop response lol but just how I feel. =) 

12 minutes ago, Kim said:

This...

I do love that high pitched thing she does too like the upper notes in SKIN particularly from the recording session footage if you rememember:

So soft, pure and delicate

When she sings "This is my religion" :inlove:

I love her high notes.  Like « Cupid please take your aim at me » or « I'm Crazy for you!... » or « Gonna dress you up in my love...»  :inlove::inlove:

1 hour ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

I get the point of this thread and it's a totally valid question. But as much as I try, can't decide on just one cause I love 'em all! lol. Like her image, persona etc...she's a master vocal chameleon depending on the song. Whether it's her punk/rock, hard ass register (Gambler, Burning Up, Open Your Heart) to upbeat, girly (True Blue, Cherish) or Karen Carpenter sad/dark (LTT, Oh Father, Frozen, I'll Remember etc..). So, yeah, kind of a flop response lol but just how I feel. =) 

Totally agree.

I prefer her "middle" voice....kind of like the middle of a sandwich (that's always the best part).  :chuckle:  Just joking!!

Honestly, I love her lower register the most and also the sometimes raspy, sultry....like some I'm Breathless songs and also some Evita tracks.

Her higher/girly voice is also very lovable, as is her smooth Karen Carpenter-ish lusty voice.  Many people don't realize how versatile a vocalist she is, which infuriates me!!!

Overall, her smooth, soothing and raw on point vocals have always given me goose bumps!!!   How many times have we heard producers/co-producers/musicians say that she'll go into the recording booth and record the vocals usually in ONE take and they say "that's it"!!!?

2 hours ago, realityisalways said:

Wise/vocal-donna ala Nothing Fails.

Her voice reflects so much wisdom and experience. It's soothing.

:drama:  that second "nothing fails" @1:38 is just heart wrenching!!!  Gets me every time!

Nice topic but very hard to choose! I like them all. I love how she can change her voice to fit a certain vibe of a songs production and/or lyrics. If I have to go with one though, I guess it'd be her lower register pre-voice lessons. Just as examples:

The second chorus of Angel before the little instrumental breakdown......speaking of Angel, love at the very end on the last "baby" and she puts that little "hiccup" at the end. :inlove:

"I see you on the street and you walk on by. You make me wanna hang my head down and cry" from Open Your Heart

Although not pre-voice lessons, I love her voice on the demo version of Addicted. It reminds me so much of her old voice.

8 hours ago, Kim said:

Thank you for describing exactly my thoughts.