MadonnaNation.com Forums
Crystal Coffin

Okay. So the HOWARD STERN interview. Talk about it!

9 hours ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Yeah she busted her ass...more than any era in recent memory. Yet even after all that, got her shit hacked/leaked then ROBBED of #1 by BillboardGa and even on the British charts. Hands down she was the first major casualty of the new 'system' . Another 'first' I'm sure she didn't want. I disagree though regarding Howard. Fantastic interview. They had instant chemistry, he couldn't have been more respectful while still beyond Howard-ish, asked REAL questions that people care about and she couldn't have been more willing and relaxed while answering them. 

I really hope she does as much promo for the next album release (M14). 

10 hours ago, anastaza said:

I could have listened to at least another two hours of this. One of her best interviews ever. 

Yes.... she seemed so candid and at ease with Howard. I'm surprised the interview lasted as long as it did. 

15 hours ago, Nikki said:

im always confused by the name robin quivers because madonna also brought up another robin (who sounds like she has the same last name or a name really similar) who went to the cinema with madonna, sean & mike

Yea, that's Mike's ex-wife Robin Givens. 

On 20/8/2017 at 8:21 AM, spotlight said:

RH heart era had some of the best promo. All the interviews, magazine spreads and live performance for the album release were on point. The Howard interview was good but he didn't ask the right follow up questions. 

I agree, the interview was a really nice relaxed talk on the radio, they were really charming with each other but there was nothing specially insightful... 

I love hearing Madonna talk and I could do it for hours but this interview needed some more content and meaning even more being the first time they were together on air, two extremely polarizing personalities that could have raised the conversation a little bit. 

I guess I have to hear it again. 

23 hours ago, loowee said:

Her "sick" voice is EVERYTHING :drama: 

+ūüíĮ

On 20.8.2017 at 3:01 PM, spotlight said:

Joan got pregnant before she was married into the family?

wheres the kid? 

Whos the baby-daddy?

No she got pregnant after her marriage with Madonna's father Silvio Ciccone. He ist the father of her children Jennifer and Mario.

2 hours ago, todsmod said:

Yea, that's Mike's ex-wife Robin Givens. 

thank you :)

so.. Joanne got pregnant with another man's baby, went away birthed and got rid of it, then came back and Married Silvio. M spilled the tea right there

The woman by-sitting is hurting the interview. She's very loud in a way and interrupts. But very nice interview otherwise.

12 hours ago, spotlight said:

I really hope she does as much promo for the next album release (M14). 

I hope so too but I fear as this promo didn't harbough any return we won't see her doing as much promo next time.

Having said that she will have a new film to promote so she will be out on the road promoting that project......

41 minutes ago, Confessit said:

I hope so too but I fear as this promo didn't harbough any return we won't see her doing as much promo next time.

Having said that she will have a new film to promote so she will be out on the road promoting that project......

Why are you always pointing out the negative things ? This thread is about her interview with Howard Stern,  why yet again complain about how little she sold etc.  pouncing on any negative. 

Wht does every thread about Madonna have to turn into the same discussions about the same complaints about her ? 

1 minute ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Why are you always pointing out the negative things ? This thread is about her interview with Howard Stern,  why yet again complain about how little she sold etc.  pouncing on any negative. 

Wht does every thread about Madonna have to turn into the same discussions about the same complaints about her ? 

Your right ! I didn't mean too the interview was fab and I very much look forward to the new interviews she has lined up for skin range/DVD.

ūüĎĄ

2 hours ago, Like2Watch said:

so.. Joanne got pregnant with another man's baby, went away birthed and got rid of it, then came back and Married Silvio. M spilled the tea right there

And I think that has a lot to do with Madonna's resentment to Joan. The others were all too young to remember but Madonna's trauma of having lost her mother and her being potentially replaced by someone who gave away their own child must have fuelled Madonna's fire and anger towards her father. 

9 hours ago, Suedehead said:

And I think that has a lot to do with Madonna's resentment to Joan. The others were all too young to remember but Madonna's trauma of having lost her mother and her being potentially replaced by someone who gave away their own child must have fuelled Madonna's fire and anger towards her father. 

I completely understand Madonna's resentment to Joan.   She lost the mother she adored so young and Joan also was the total opposite of her mother.  She always described her mother as being caring,  nurturing and kind and she also said her father never explained what happened when her mother died.  Joan was strict and totally different.   To have her life turned completely upside down at such a young age would have been confusing, traumatic and she would still be grieving her mother.   In fairness to Joan, I can't begin to also imagine how hard it would be to become a step mother to so many young children.  

Reading through Madonna's interviews over the years,  this was the saddest part of her life.  She never has stopped talked and referencing her mother and I also think that is why she is such a loving and great mother as well.  

I love how Howard was confident enough to ask her questions about pivotal things in her life.  He did his homework so to speak and knew how to phrase the questions.  He completely surprised me and I have to hand it to all the USA members who have praised his interviewing skills previously and wanted this interview.  I always thought of him before as a crass shock jock but this interview was great. 

On 20.8.2017 at 4:26 PM, Crystal Coffin said:

I listen to it regularly!!! It's even better than the MDNA album :lol: 

:chuckle: 

16 minutes ago, S.E.X. said:

:chuckle: 

She gave better vocal performance here than, say, while recording "I'm a Sinner" :lmao: 

On 8/20/2017 at 8:01 AM, spotlight said:

Joan got pregnant before she was married into the family?

wheres the kid? 

Whos the baby-daddy?

I wanted her to tell more so badly! I hope she goes back to Howard next era!

23 hours ago, Madonnafan said:

No she got pregnant after her marriage with Madonna's father Silvio Ciccone. He ist the father of her children Jennifer and Mario.

No, listen again. She went away and got pregnant before the marriage to Madonna's father. 

Anyway... I was always so surprised by how well behaved Howard was. I imagine Liz was most likely sitting right there and would have severely vetted him beforehand and even tho he's a no bullshit person, I guess having Madonna on his show was too good a chance to pass up and he put aside his controversial asshole interview tactics for one day. He was a total gentleman and it was an amazing interview.

Why the whole video interview wasn't posted? They posted the whole audio and just a best of the video. She looked amazing and they usually post the whole video. 

One of my favorite interviews. I could listen to them talk for hours and hours...