MadonnaNation.com Forums
Mmmmm

Rebel Heart Tour DVD/Blu-ray

7 hours ago, horn said:

Taiwan pre-order edition comes with special limited pre-order gift:

Blu-Ray + CD - Rebel heart Tour folder

$_57.JPG

DVD + CD - Rebel Heart Tour poster (Artwork not confirmed)

Whenever I'm researching Madonna's album releases on the discogs site, noticed that Asian countries receive the best extras/bonuses! 

I can't get over how stunning the cover art is. We went from the gutter with MDNA's cover to the throne with Rebel Heart's. What an iconic image. Perfection.

2 hours ago, Shaun said:

I can't get over how stunning the cover art is. We went from the gutter with MDNA's cover to the throne with Rebel Heart's. What an iconic image. Perfection.

This baby.

Living for this live version of LFL.

On ‎26‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 3:05 PM, horn said:

Taiwan pre-order edition comes with special limited pre-order gift:

Blu-Ray + CD - Rebel heart Tour folder

$_57.JPG

DVD + CD - Rebel Heart Tour poster (Artwork not confirmed)

any advice on where to order this Taiwan version?

Edited by cocolattee

I still don't get how the MDNA cover was bad...it's glorious.

17 minutes ago, acko said:

i'm with u! but to each their own.

i love this cover too - it fits perfectly for the tour.

I personally like the MDNAT cover but it would've only worked as poster for a crime TV series, NOT the concert. 

6 hours ago, cocolattee said:

any advice on where to order this Taiwan version?

Only in Taiwan.

7 hours ago, acko said:

It was an interesting image but it had nothing to do with the tour and it didn't evoke anything about the tour either. All her previous tour VHS / LaserDisc / DVD / Blu-Ray covers (good and bad) have evoked something about the tours they were associated with. MDNA Tour DVD cover just felt random to me. Nice image though.

Edited by Suedehead

It wasnt that bad:

proxy.php?code=d0320faa10d91de1a5e9d7740

1 minute ago, dollhouse said:

It wasnt that bad:

Wow If only this was the official version!

This is so epic and captures the atmosphere of the show brilliantly !

The version was lukewarm at best.

Edited by Confessit

Frankly speaking, I couldn't remember MDNA tour DVD cover.

Do we think MG LIVE FROM RHT will break Taylor's Look What You Made Me Do streaming figures? :flirt:

17 hours ago, dollhouse said:

It wasnt that bad:

That's shite anaw.

Guest PRPapi

Has anyone discussed about how much it SUCKS that they decided to officially record her last shows, when her voice is hoarse, tired, and nowhere near as good as it was when she started out the tour in Canada?  Like, for real, I was so impressed by her vocals in her Canada and NY shows, for example, and was SO looking forward to seeing/hearing La Vie En Rose on the Showtime broadcast, only to be let down by the fact that her voice was so tired and hoarse - when LVER sounded so glorious earlier on.  Do we know what final recording they decided to go with for the official Blu-Ray?  Same vocals as Showtime? Or, did they have the sense to superimpose her vocals from earlier tours?

Yes but they often do that with her tours

Notable exception being Blond Ambition (THANK YOU FREDDIE DEMANN) where lots of shows were filmed because he recognised her legendary status. 

Don't get me started on the DWT shows seriously. 

Another exception is queen of life tour aka CONFESSIONS TOUR aka the PERFECTIONS DVD

43 minutes ago, PRPapi said:

Or, did they have the sense to superimpose her vocals from earlier tours?

do you really think they would bother...?

Edited by cocolattee

7 minutes ago, Suedehead said:

Yes but they often do that with her tours

Notable exception being Blond Ambition (THANK YOU FREDDIE DEMANN) where lots of shows were filmed because he recognised her legendary status. 

Don't get me started on the DWT shows seriously. 

Another exception is queen of life tour aka CONFESSIONS TOUR aka the PERFECTIONS DVD

I do miss having those differing testaments to particular eras. Imagine If that Yokohama concert was the only document of Blond Ambition with no Truth or Dare and no HBO? It would probably be viewed quite differently today.  Those were the kind of moneymaking deals that made sense for both artist and fans - selling the rights to radio broadcasts and different TV concerts for different territories. They could easily have done that for DWT and Confessions or even S&S part 2. It's a shame we don't have more (official) visual and aural documents of her recent tours.

1 hour ago, PRPapi said:

Has anyone discussed about how much it SUCKS that they decided to officially record her last shows, when her voice is hoarse, tired, and nowhere near as good as it was when she started out the tour in Canada?  Like, for real, I was so impressed by her vocals in her Canada and NY shows, for example, and was SO looking forward to seeing/hearing La Vie En Rose on the Showtime broadcast, only to be let down by the fact that her voice was so tired and hoarse - when LVER sounded so glorious earlier on.  Do we know what final recording they decided to go with for the official Blu-Ray?  Same vocals as Showtime? Or, did they have the sense to superimpose her vocals from earlier tours?

Unfortunately, it's not the first time M and her team have done that... In fact, all of her post-2000 tours have been filmed for DVD and/or Bluray release during the second half of the tour.

DWT: filmed towards the end of the tour

RIT: the 2 last shows were filmed for the DVD that was later shelved; additionally, IGTTYAS featured performance footage only from leg 2

S&S: filmed towards the end of the initial tour

MDNA: filmed towards the end of the tour; by then, M had already been on the road for 6 months

However, her tours during the Warner era were generally shorter. Little did we know when S&S was filmed that an additional European leg would be added to the itinerary.

They could easily use vocals from earlier dates though. I don't get why they combine dozens of shows visually, but can't search for proper live vocals for each song.

Guest PRPapi
5 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

They could easily use vocals from earlier dates though. I don't get why they combine dozens of shows visually, but can't search for proper live vocals for each song.

Agreed 1,000%

Just seen the Candy Shop edit and it's fantastic they have captured just enough of the stage and her dance routine.

Although still a sea of quick edit shots, it's an enjoyable watch.

The RHT version of LFL on her Spotify is so flawless :wow:

1 hour ago, Anne said:

The RHT version of LFL on her Spotify is so flawless :wow:

I love it too! 

4 hours ago, Confessit said:

Just seen the Candy Shop edit and it's fantastic they have captured just enough of the stage and her dance routine.

Although still a sea of quick edit shots, it's an enjoyable watch.

Yes. Candy Shop recieved a beautiful edit.

3 minutes ago, Shaun said:

Yes. Candy Shop recieved a beautiful edit.

No wonder, it's M's favorite song ever.

:chuckle: