MadonnaNation.com Forums
Mmmmm

Rebel Heart Tour DVD/Blu-ray

Based on a few of the vids posted here (thank you) the editing is less chaotic than MDNA, which I also don't own for that very reason despite being a great tour, I'm gonna go buy RHT this week. It's the same as Showtime broadcast? No biggie, she's been doing that for years and I didn't see the Showtime broadcast so it's new to me.

I'm excited, I've been waiting to see this tour in pro shot for so long. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna love this tour a lot more after seeing the DVD.

I'm really bummed that LDLHA isn't included. Big mistake it's one of my favorite numbers. It'll be interesting to see how she transitions into LAV without it, assuming that Graffiti song is gone too. I just don't understand how they could seamlessly delete that. Lol I'm curious, outta be fun though still disappointing.

11 minutes ago, Sloane said:

I'm really bummed that LDLHA isn't included. Big mistake it's one of my favorite numbers. It'll be interesting to see how she transitions into LAV without it, assuming that Graffiti song is gone too. I just don't understand how they could seamlessly delete that. Lol I'm curious, outta be fun though still disappointing.

The editing is actually pretty good, the strings outro of LDLHA is stille there. 

Edited by cosmic_system

Oh good, sounds like she's still lifting up the ladder then lol I like that part.

Gotta harp on LDLHA again though. Really, M? Get rid of a popular fan favorite she's never sung live and keep in yet another gypsy thingy (the medley). GUUURL STOP. What's next? Performing Rescue Me on the next tour and cutting that for Candy Shop :lmao:

I better shut up, she'll do it too LOL

I'm excited for Deeper & Deeper in pro shot the most. 

1 minute ago, Sloane said:

I'm excited for Deeper & Deeper in pro shot the most. 

It looks fucking great.

3 minutes ago, Shaun said:

It looks fucking great.

Oh there's no doubt in my mind. Even from the fan footage I can tell it's choked full of Madonna gloriousness, it's just hard to pinpoint exactly. Difficult to explain, I just know it when I see it and D&D cries out for pro shot. BIM is a prime example. It's meh in fan footage but came alive in pro shot.

LAV is my absolute favorite from this tour but since it already slays in fan footage, pro shot isn't gonna escalate it. When somethings already brilliant, being even more brilliant isn't such a priority to me. In fact, in the case of LAV, I wouldnt be surprised if pro shot disappoints because I already love and have memorized my favorite parts. Watch pro shot go to an audience shot during some of her best moves lol shit like that. We shall see, I'm pretty excited to get this DVD.

58 minutes ago, Sloane said:

Oh there's no doubt in my mind. Even from the fan footage I can tell it's choked full of Madonna gloriousness, it's just hard to pinpoint exactly. Difficult to explain, I just know it when I see it and D&D cries out for pro shot. BIM is a prime example. It's meh in fan footage but came alive in pro shot.

LAV is my absolute favorite from this tour but since it already slays in fan footage, pro shot isn't gonna escalate it. When somethings already brilliant, being even more brilliant isn't such a priority to me. In fact, in the case of LAV, I wouldnt be surprised if pro shot disappoints because I already love and have memorized my favorite parts. Watch pro shot go to an audience shot during some of her best moves lol shit like that. We shall see, I'm pretty excited to get this DVD.

If you love the little "moments" in LAV, you may really enjoy the pro shot performance. Especially when she finishes the "see my booty get down like" section and leaps back up on the "HEY!!!!" They edit the screens bursting back to purple from orange BEAUTIFULLY. It was the LAV moment I was most concerned about preserving...and they did.

5 hours ago, Sloane said:

Oh good, sounds like she's still lifting up the ladder then lol I like that part.

Gotta harp on LDLHA again though. Really, M? Get rid of a popular fan favorite she's never sung live and keep in yet another gypsy thingy (the medley). GUUURL STOP. What's next? Performing Rescue Me on the next tour and cutting that for Candy Shop :lmao:

The medley is amazing, thank you very much. The Detroit segment on the other end is unnecessary. 

Bought it yesterday from Amazon UK. Should arrive within the next week.

Someone who has already bought it can confirm me if the DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 audio doesn't have any problems with the surround channels?

I'm asking because the MDNA Blu-Ray I have has a few issues with the surround channels not playing correctly (i'm always forced to play it in stereo, if I want to hear the concert). So I hope that with this one they got it right this time. 

Thanks

The RHT is her best concert release of recent years. The edit and sound is stunning. 

Too bad LDLHA is not included. It was one brilliant highlight of the show. And I think they missed the boat with the bonus/ extra footage. With all the different songs she sang during the tour they could release most of them and make the fans even more happy. 

Anyway. This release is amazing. Some of my friends saw it and loved it. 

must haves:

LDLHA

Whos That Girl (a NO.1 song both sides of Atlantic not performed since 1987)

Ghosttown.

I think she should re-record Candy Shop for her next album and it should be lead single and open her next tour. 

"Well, I tend to not want to do the songs I did on the tour before. That's what I mean. So if I did Material Girl on the tour before, or Express Yourself on the tour before, then I'll say, "OK, I did that for 88 shows. I can't do it again." 

In the booklet Nike Richards and Kiley Dean are credited for doing 'background Visuals' :)  :) 

7 hours ago, dollhouse said:

must haves:

LDLHA

Whos That Girl (a NO.1 song both sides of Atlantic not performed since 1987)

Ghosttown.

amen to that

She should definitely get the rights from Pioneer and re-release both the Blond Ambition and The Girlie Show tours on DVD (finally). Maybe as a special 30th Anniversary Edition boxset for either Christmas or the upcoming year.

I think that would make most of us really happy.

Edited by Emy_Max

9 hours ago, Emy_Max said:

She should definitely get the rights from Pioneer and re-release both the Blond Ambition and The Girlie Show tours on DVD (finally). Maybe as a special 30th Anniversary Edition boxset for either Christmas or the upcoming year.

I think that would make most of us really happy.

The Girlie Show was released on dvd in 1998. It’s still available. 

On ‎23‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 7:51 PM, Sloane said:

except that all Candy Shop performances have been pretty amazing so far....

LAV is not on the live CD.  *THE* most exciting performance from the entire concert is not featured.  WTF.  I was really, really looking forward to working out to that. :lol:  Rant over.

You mean the 1CD edition? Yeah their picks are questionable.

21 hours ago, JWAD said:

I think she should re-record Candy Shop for her next album and it should be lead single and open her next tour. 

"Well, I tend to not want to do the songs I did on the tour before. That's what I mean. So if I did Material Girl on the tour before, or Express Yourself on the tour before, then I'll say, "OK, I did that for 88 shows. I can't do it again." 

That quote must have been truncated from the interview transcript because the next sentence sure as hell would have been . "Unless that song is Candy Shop, of course."

18 minutes ago, Bill said:

LAV is not on the live CD.  *THE* most exciting performance from the entire concert is not featured.  WTF.  I was really, really looking forward to working out to that. :lol:  Rant over.

It's on the 2cd edition. I have it and it sounds glorious.

Just now, Crux said:

It's on the 2cd edition. I have it and it sounds glorious.

I didn't even know there was  2 CD edition :lol:  Oh God, Now I have to get that too.