MadonnaNation.com Forums
Mmmmm

Rebel Heart Tour DVD/Blu-ray

Guest cailohfornia
4 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

The old-school 'classic' style of editing is over. OVER. Never gonna happen again. The sooner one accepts that, the less we have to keep beating a dead horse, and the happier we'll all be.

It may be OVER for Madonna's aesthetic taste, true (I've known this since IGTTYAS & Confessions Tour) but it is not yet "over" in the music world/live concert video realm. 

The kind of editing I am talking about are those seen in 

• Kylie: Aphrodite Tour dvd/bluray (gorgeous concert video tbh)
  • Lady Gaga: Monster Ball Tour dvd/bluray
  • Adele Live At The Royal Albert Hall dvd/bluray
  • P!nk The Truth About Love Tour dvd/bluray
  • Katy Perry Prismatic Tour dvd/bluray

These are just few examples of RECENT concert video releases that still utilized the "old school" minimal, steady, multicamera with live sound kind of editing. AND they all just use one or two filmed shows from their respective tours just like how WTG/BAT/GS/DWT dvds were.They may or may not have been post-edited but if they were, they're barely recognizable and it doesn't distract. They are all definitely not the same as the CT, S&ST, MDNA Tour releases. 

I'm somewhere in the middle with this. I think CT and S&S had the perfect amount of editing, while MDNA and RHT have way too much. 

6 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

The old-school 'classic' style of editing is over. OVER. Never gonna happen again. The sooner one accepts that, the less we have to keep beating a dead horse, and the happier we'll all be.

This right here

giphy.gif

27 minutes ago, LVX said:

I'm somewhere in the middle with this. I think CT and S&S had the perfect amount of editing, while MDNA and RHT have way too much. 

RHT has a lot less of that than MDNA

Guest cailohfornia
28 minutes ago, LVX said:

Yas gawd.

Related image

Related image