Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums
Mmmmm

Rebel Heart Tour DVD/Blu-ray

Recommended Posts

LAV is not on the live CD.  *THE* most exciting performance from the entire concert is not featured.  WTF.  I was really, really looking forward to working out to that. :lol:  Rant over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You mean the 1CD edition? Yeah their picks are questionable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, JWAD said:

I think she should re-record Candy Shop for her next album and it should be lead single and open her next tour. 

"Well, I tend to not want to do the songs I did on the tour before. That's what I mean. So if I did Material Girl on the tour before, or Express Yourself on the tour before, then I'll say, "OK, I did that for 88 shows. I can't do it again." 

That quote must have been truncated from the interview transcript because the next sentence sure as hell would have been . "Unless that song is Candy Shop, of course."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Bill said:

LAV is not on the live CD.  *THE* most exciting performance from the entire concert is not featured.  WTF.  I was really, really looking forward to working out to that. :lol:  Rant over.

It's on the 2cd edition. I have it and it sounds glorious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Crux said:

It's on the 2cd edition. I have it and it sounds glorious.

I didn't even know there was  2 CD edition :lol:  Oh God, Now I have to get that too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bill said:

I didn't even know there was  2 CD edition :lol:  Oh God, Now I have to get that too.

:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Crux said:

:lol:

Streaming it now on Amazon and :inlove: 

Thank you for informing me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bill said:

Streaming it now on Amazon and :inlove: 

Thank you for informing me.

:kiss2:  Glad you're enjoying it. My neighbours must be sick of hearing it by now. lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Crux said:

:kiss2:  Glad you're enjoying it. My neighbours must be sick of hearing it by now. lol.

:lol:  They'll live.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Gus said:

Love this!

 

DKbgWUeW0AADZop.jpg

 

 

:bow:  :bow:  :inlove:

 

So cool

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm so so grateful that this amazing tour is forever cemented in HD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

The Girlie Show was released on dvd in 1998. It’s still available. 

Yeah, I know that.

But I would really love to see a special Collector's Boxset, in the future, containing the 2 Blond Ambition concerts as well The Girlie Show one, ALL completely remastered, and ALL in one boxset. It would definitely be a very great way to celebrate the 30th Anniversary of those tours.

That was Madonna at her best. And in my book, those are definitely must-have releases, both for fans and non-fans. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Shaun said:

I'm so so grateful that this amazing tour is forever cemented in HD.

I never get sick of HD quality video. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Emy_Max said:

Yeah, I know that.

But I would really love to see a special Collector's Boxset, in the future, containing the 2 Blond Ambition concerts as well The Girlie Show one, ALL completely remastered, and ALL in one boxset. It would definitely be a very great way to celebrate the 30th Anniversary of those tours.

That was Madonna at her best. And in my book, those are definitely must-have releases, both for fans and non-fans. ;)

Why not both Girlie Show recordings as well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/9/2017 at 2:51 PM, Gus said:

Love this!

 

DKbgWUeW0AADZop.jpg

🎵What's new Buenos Aires🎵

Bravo 👏🏻 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it's the bravo bus :chuckle:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Amzer801 said:

You mean the 1CD edition? Yeah their picks are questionable.

Aren't they always. *Cough* Confessions and Sorry Remix instead of Live to Tell *Cough*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My copy of the iTunes tour disappeared, but it also disappeared from the Mexican iTunes Store???? 

:dazed:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest cailohfornia

I wonder why Madonna and her team still never re-released her tours on crisp, stunning HD Bluray format. For her and for many fans, it would mean a definite high quality preservation and imprint of her legendary tours that would endure decades and even centuries (until they can come up with a Madonna virtual reality format thing in the future lol). Pretty much, Madonna would be doing some good self-preservation for generations to come. I hope that makes sense you guys.

Here is my dream Madonna Tours on Bluray list!

1. The Virgin Tour: Live in Detroit

- remastered 1080p, 16:9 aspect ratio, and finally including the still-unseen performances of Burning Up, Angel, and Borderline

- extras: behind the scenes, rehearsal footage, interviews with Madonna and crew, and a special report on the "Madonna wannabe" craze

 

2. Who's That Girl Tour: Live in Turin

- remastered 1080p, 16:9 aspect ratio, 60fps maintained, alternate angles, this time the full uncut Turin show broadcast 

- extras: behind the scenes, interviews with Madonna and crew, news report on Madonna around the world, Madonna meeting her Italian family

***The Tokyo show would also be a great complementary Bluray release considering the amazing sound mixing and camera angles

 

3. Blond Ambition Tour: Live in Nice  

- remastered 1080p, 16:9 aspect ratio, 60 fps maintained (pretty much the HBO broadcast)

- extras: pre-show special with Matt Lauer, rehearsal footages, dancers interviews, news report around the world, the Vatican speech 

*** The Yokohama show would also be released just so there's a copy of a show in which she wore the ponytail

   

4. The Girlie Show Tour: Live in Sydney

- remastered 1080p, 16:9 aspect ratio, 60fps maintained (the DVD pretty much, just enhanced)

- extras: pre-show special, rehearsal footages, interviews, news reports around the world

5. Drowned World Tour 2001 

- remastered 1080p, reformatted to 16:9, keep the original 60fps used in the HBO broadcast (note that the DVD's frame rate is lower than the broadcast)

- pre-show special, interviews, rehearsals, "You'll See" performance, clips featuring the the European leg in which she wore a red kilt

 

6. The Reinvention Tour Live in Lisbon

- duh

7. The Confessions Tour 

... cause duh! Why DIDN'T they release it on Bluray!?

Edited by cailohfornia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25.9.2017 at 4:14 PM, Emy_Max said:

Yeah, I know that.

But I would really love to see a special Collector's Boxset, in the future, containing the 2 Blond Ambition concerts as well The Girlie Show one, ALL completely remastered, and ALL in one boxset. It would definitely be a very great way to celebrate the 30th Anniversary of those tours.

That was Madonna at her best. And in my book, those are definitely must-have releases, both for fans and non-fans. ;)

Would be nice but I would not hold my breath for it. That is why I have just bought myself a LaserDisc player to enjoy the glorious LDs which are BAT, WTG, and so on. I must say while the video is not necessarily in HD, the BAT LD does look much better than all of the so-called re-mastered versions which are out there on the internet. The sound is Dolby Surround (minus Yokohama) and that is much better than a crappy 5.1 upmix which just sucks balls (Yes Girlie DVD I am looking at you). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cyber-Raga said:

Would be nice but I would not hold my breath for it. That is why I have just bought myself a LaserDisc player to enjoy the glorious LDs which are BAT, WTG, and so on. I must say while the video is not necessarily in HD, the BAT LD does look much better than all of the so-called re-mastered versions which are out there on the internet. The sound is Dolby Surround (minus Yokohama) and that is much better than a crappy 5.1 upmix which just sucks balls (Yes Girlie DVD I am looking at you). 

Unfortunately I don't have a LD player, so my only choice is those LD rips that are out there.

I wanted to get a LD player myself a few months ago. But even in the used market prices are just way too high for me.

As for the Girlie DVD, I definitely agree with you. And that's why I always watch it in Stereo.

The 5.1 mix sounds way too homemade to be considered a good professional mix.

Edited by Emy_Max

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest cailohfornia

Finally you guys! Here's "Take A Bow" from the Japan release of the RH Tour 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, cailohfornia said:

Finally you guys! Here's "Take A Bow" from the Japan release of the RH Tour 

 

Deserves its own thread :inlove:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone clarify something. Will the japanese DVD (NOT blu ray) play in european dvd players? Probably someone here already has a copy and lives in europe ☺

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/09/2017 at 7:27 AM, cailohfornia said:

I wonder why Madonna and her team still never re-released her tours on crisp, stunning HD Bluray format. For her and for many fans, it would mean a definite high quality preservation and imprint of her legendary tours that would endure decades and even centuries (until they can come up with a Madonna virtual reality format thing in the future lol). Pretty much, Madonna would be doing some good self-preservation for generations to come. I hope that makes sense you guys.

Here is my dream Madonna Tours on Bluray list!

1. The Virgin Tour: Live in Detroit

- remastered 1080p, 16:9 aspect ratio, and finally including the still-unseen performances of Burning Up, Angel, and Borderline

- extras: behind the scenes, rehearsal footage, interviews with Madonna and crew, and a special report on the "Madonna wannabe" craze

 

2. Who's That Girl Tour: Live in Turin

- remastered 1080p, 16:9 aspect ratio, 60fps maintained, alternate angles, this time the full uncut Turin show broadcast 

- extras: behind the scenes, interviews with Madonna and crew, news report on Madonna around the world, Madonna meeting her Italian family

***The Tokyo show would also be a great complementary Bluray release considering the amazing sound mixing and camera angles

 

3. Blond Ambition Tour: Live in Nice  

- remastered 1080p, 16:9 aspect ratio, 60 fps maintained (pretty much the HBO broadcast)

- extras: pre-show special with Matt Lauer, rehearsal footages, dancers interviews, news report around the world, the Vatican speech 

*** The Yokohama show would also be released just so there's a copy of a show in which she wore the ponytail

   

4. The Girlie Show Tour: Live in Sydney

- remastered 1080p, 16:9 aspect ratio, 60fps maintained (the DVD pretty much, just enhanced)

- extras: pre-show special, rehearsal footages, interviews, news reports around the world

5. Drowned World Tour 2001 

- remastered 1080p, reformatted to 16:9, keep the original 60fps used in the HBO broadcast (note that the DVD's frame rate is lower than the broadcast)

- pre-show special, interviews, rehearsals, "You'll See" performance, clips featuring the the European leg in which she wore a red kilt

 

6. The Reinvention Tour Live in Lisbon

- duh

7. The Confessions Tour 

... cause duh! Why DIDN'T they release it on Bluray!?

I fear this will only happen when she is gone. Similar to what Prince's estate is doing to his catalogue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really I think her videos, if marketed right...could b a good Blu Ray seller.

I need those classics in HD...Celebration was really the worst.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest cailohfornia
5 hours ago, acko said:

Really I think her videos, if marketed right...could b a good Blu Ray seller.

I need those classics in HD...Celebration was really the worst.

I have always thought the same! I mean if they can remaster Truth Or Dare for bluray... 

This time it should all be the videos she did - even odds and ends. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×