MadonnaNation.com Forums
Mmmmm

Rebel Heart Tour DVD/Blu-ray

I must admit after all my complaining about the release I caved and just preordered the Bluray because I loved the tee shirt 

IMG_2985.JPG

1 hour ago, Shaun said:

This is too gorgeous for me to handle.

IMG_2800.JPG

x1000!!!!!!!! 

2 minutes ago, Gus said:

DHb6o56XYAAzB_k.jpg

i want them all

1 hour ago, Kim said:

That old chestnut...

smashhits1.jpgsmashhits2.jpg

Omg the nerve calling her a granny in her mid-thirties & not even ten years into her career at this point.:lmao:

I love the video, and I think that the song was a great choice because it will pull the nostalgia factor with the older fans.

After all Material Girl is right now her most streamed song on Spotify 🤷🏻‍♂️ So the people likes the song.

I searched a fan video of another concert for comparison and the dvd audio sounds exactly the same, I think they will change her voice more in the raw songs like BU, LAV or LIB.

Yes I haven’t seen the whole showtime video.

2 hours ago, dollhouse said:

commets say "granny"

So...the usual? The comments would be the same regardless of performance. Material Girl is visually stunning and good, cheeky fun. Great promo video.

MG wasn't really the most spectacular performance, was it? :provoke:

2 hours ago, Iconic Fetus said:

I love the video, and I think that the song was a great choice because it will pull the nostalgia factor with the older fans.

After all Material Girl is right now her most streamed song on Spotify 🤷🏻‍♂️ So the people likes the song.

I searched a fan video of another concert for comparison and the dvd audio sounds exactly the same, I think they will change her voice more in the raw songs like BU, LAV or LIB.

Yes I haven’t seen the whole showtime video.

well if its the most streamed then makes sense

1 hour ago, Gâteau said:

MG wasn't really the most spectacular performance, was it? :provoke:

No, but at least it was properly performed onstage with male dancers and stuff. That Reinvention tour version was fine but far from interesting as the real thing.

Wtg was such an epic moment in Boston. I'm sad to not see it included but the moment was etched into my mind forever and I'm happy 4 this release. I'm buying

I wanted a video similar to Holiday from DWT

gutted Holiday live from Glasgow won't be on the DVD as it was a special moment

20 hours ago, Kim said:

As far as LDLHA goes, I guess we're just giving them the benefit of the doubt when it comes to possible rights issues. I mean it IS possible that during the clearance process they encountered problems, but more likely,  the cover version aspect made it the perfect song to excise to meet the 2hr Showtime broadcast limit then they simply....didn't bother reinstating it, which would mean getting rights clearance and maybe they couldn't be arsed. The continued absence of Lucky Star and edits to Deeper & Deeper etc indicates they just didn't bother. The only rights issues I can recall in the past are Madge balking at the amount they wanted from her to include a clip of ToD in IGTTYAS, and the removal of the Stardust sample from the Holiday DWT performance.

Totally understand your points there, but I was  really never aware though of any rights issues with someone performing a song on TV.

Yes, releasing it for sale. But anyone can appear on TV singing someone else's song - the writers just get royalty payments from the broadcaster.

I just genuinely don't get the link between rights and LDLHA. Madonna is performing that song on her home video release "93 - 99 Video Collection" - so they managed ok with the rights then (as of course we would expect). It kinda bugs me that I see all over the internet, it becoming "fact" that LDLHA is missing from RHT film due to copyright. It's like other random "facts" throughout Madonna's career which actually come from nothing.  Need to be nipped in the bud lol! :-) :-)

I also see the D&D (and other) cuts as artistic. My feeling about all of this, is that as with pretty much everything Madonna-related - she has a very very very clear idea of what she likes and doesn't like. All the  edits are for those reasons IMO.

4 hours ago, LVX said:

Can't wait to have it!

bicPxB.gif

Calm down Granny!

59 minutes ago, Jamesy said:

Totally understand your points there, but I was  really never aware though of any rights issues with someone performing a song on TV.

Yes, releasing it for sale. But anyone can appear on TV singing someone else's song - the writers just get royalty payments from the broadcaster.

I just genuinely don't get the link between rights and LDLHA. Madonna is performing that song on her home video release "93 - 99 Video Collection" - so they managed ok with the rights then (as of course we would expect). It kinda bugs me that I see all over the internet, it becoming "fact" that LDLHA is missing from RHT film due to copyright. It's like other random "facts" throughout Madonna's career which actually come from nothing.  Need to be nipped in the bud lol! :-) :-)

I also see the D&D (and other) cuts as artistic. My feeling about all of this, is that as with pretty much everything Madonna-related - she has a very very very clear idea of what she likes and doesn't like. All the  edits are for those reasons IMO.

Oh it's definitely just conjecture. I, too, dislike how fan theories somehow become fact - all the nonsense spoken about the RIT non-release for example.

One-off TV performances, or any live performance really, are a different kettle of fish afaik, there are hardly any restrictions (with some exceptions....some artists/labels have banned their work from appearing on X-Factor type shows, I remember a big deal when they finally got permission for a Beatles week or something )

The only thing we know for certain is that they had to make cuts for broadcast. Why they chose to cut one of the most praised parts of the show is anyone's guess, why they didn't reinstate it really does just seem like sheer disinterest. I imagine if she was asked about it again she would just repeat the Showtime excuse. There's not always a lot of lateral thinking going on in Team M, and it's always been that way. "anyone who wanted to see the show, saw the show" (BA) "if you want to hear the album versions then sit at home and listen to the record" (GS)  "We already released it " (confusing IGTTYAS with RIT) "You're still getting 2 hours of a great show" (RHT) She/they don't always *get* things about her own fan base. It's very telling.

6 hours ago, LVX said:

Can't wait to have it!

bicPxB.gif

Wanna Marchi

D'accordo?

2 hours ago, Jamesy said:

she cut Deeper and Deeper? forget it granny.

Is this her best art for a live release ever? For me it's this and Virgin Tour.

My take is that they wanted a 2 hr runtime and LDLHA was just an easy place to shave what they needed, plus bring the budget down a few dollars.

43 minutes ago, Supernatural said:

My take is that they wanted a 2 hr runtime and LDLHA was just an easy place to shave what they needed, plus bring the budget down a few dollars.

ummmmm or not.

They could've easily shaved down the long ass interlude between La Isla Bonita and the intermet melody, or the Music banter, or Unapologetic Bitch. And the Detroit part was just so random and out of place. I don't think LDLHA would be the first thing that came to mind when they decided to fit the show within 2 hours. It was all about the license $$$$$$.

Someone hit me up with a link to a fanmade "full length" edit once they are done. Thanks in advance. Not gonna spend money on a show that is a) not full-length and b) wasn't my cup of tea to begin with.

Whos That Girl was the best performance for me..would have bought that as a single.