MadonnaNation.com Forums
Mmmmm

Rebel Heart Tour DVD/Blu-ray

41 minutes ago, dramos520 said:

I wish they would just post Take A Bow on her youtube channel

I bet there are some rights that it's exclusive only to Japan

43 minutes ago, hawes-king said:

I bet there are some rights that it's exclusive only to Japan

They always do extras to encourage people to buy the official product. This is why her albums have bonus tracks and special editions e.g. Rebel Heart Tour Edition with DVD of the singles. It's one of her bigger markets.

IMG_0048.JPG

2 hours ago, hawes-king said:

I hope someone will be clever enough to do a re-edit online taking out the Detroit part and adding TAB & LAP it will be perfect then

THIS WOULD BE FUCKING EPIC

I have updated itunes today and the extras won't play ..wtf?

I think using the exact same audio track for the audio CD is stupid yet they've done it two tours in a row.

Unnecessary dialogue especially if it's not part of the actual concert has to go.

13 hours ago, hawes-king said:

I hope someone will be clever enough to do a re-edit online taking out the Detroit part and adding TAB & LAP it will be perfect then

YES!!! + LDLHA.

2 hours ago, Alain Delon said:

YES!!! + LDLHA.

Thing is while LAP and TAB are both available on the bluray / DVD with the audio mixed by the same people from similar official sources, so they can be mixed with the rest of the show without a significant change in sound quality / "texture" we don't have such thing for LDLHA.  The closest is the soundboard recording with the in-ear guy and it would definitely sound off.

Months later I'm still wondering what is the "larger project" she mentioned while she was editing Tears of a clown....
Was she refering to the RHT dvd/bluray release? Hoping the full TOAC show will see the light of day but maybe that's just wishful thinking....

Edited by cocolattee

25 minutes ago, cocolattee said:

Months later I'm still wondering what is the "larger project" she mentioned while she was editing Tears of a clown....
Was she refering to the RHT dvd/bluray release? Hoping the full TOAC show will see the light of day but maybe that's just wishful thinking....

I think she changed her mind as she wants to use the TOAC format for future shows, so having the full show available to buy might not be in her best interest. 

Every DVD releases up until DWT was essentially a live broadcast of a given show, then everything changed with Confession Tour. The digital effects, the fast editing

Had RIT been released on DVD i wonder what kind of editing we would have got

Interesting post from a fan on Facebook about LDLHA's exclusion, might still be an issue with rights:

The song isn't Madonna's. The owners to the rights of LDLHA are notorious for barring releases of the song. They fought Madonna on its inclusion on LAV but she won. Then they fought her on releasing it as a single. They even fought her about using on the tour. This time though, they successfully intervened. She wasn't legally allowed to use the song. LDLHA is a song that's notorious for being difficult and near impossible to get a hold of the rights.

38 minutes ago, luckystar90 said:

Interesting post from a fan on Facebook about LDLHA's exclusion, might still be an issue with rights:

This. I was listening to the album while I was driving and is indeed a killer moment. 

1 hour ago, luckystar90 said:

BS, that song has been covered and released many times by several artists over the year. You don't have to ask

permission 2 release a cover version, u just have to pay the copywright owner the profit they're legally entitled 2.

If anything a release on a Madonna record means money in the bank. In fact the writer of that song made all his money

through M. LAV + STR is 30 million units sold. Let's b real here.

18 minutes ago, acko said:

BS, that song has been covered and released many times by several artists over the year. You don't have to ask

permission 2 release a cover version, u just have to pay the copywright owner the profit they're legally entitled 2.

Spot on! Permission for a cover version is needed only if you sample a previous recording.

3 minutes ago, Msig said:

Spot on! Permission for a cover version is needed only if you sample a previous recording.

I personally think it was sacrificed because of the running time & that Detroit segment.

^Indeed. And for the strings and sounds of the track to be on the home video release, and just her vocals missing- it's pretty bizarre (for those, and reasons previously noted).

OK- I just checked the full "Tears" excerpt that was posted online, and it doesn't look grainy like  mine does. Does anyone else's copy look very grainy vs. this?

I think rights issues are different for a video release than an audio release, and you do need permission for the video side, but as someone pointed out pages back, the LDLHA video was included on 93:99.

And I agree with JWAD that she's thinking of doing more Clown-like shows and didn't want to make the whole thing available.

Okay, I got my Blu Ray from Japan today...great service and delivery from Amazon Japan!

Um, the colour red is very red...I love the film :chuckle: but the colours r VERY saturated.

I think I need a new TV. :fag:

I am happy with everything, she is giving us so much. Nothing to complain.:brenspin:

More than LDLHA and WTF, I miss Lucky Star in the 80s medley.:dazed:

Barring that minor omission though this is a wonderful recording. Thank you M.

1 hour ago, acko said:

Okay, I got my Blu Ray from Japan today...great service and delivery from Amazon Japan!

Um, the colour red is very red...I love the film :chuckle: but the colours r VERY saturated.

I think I need a new TV. :fag:

It is very red indeed, especially during the LFL performance (I bet they wanted to recreate the visuals of the very saturated original video). My copy is coming this week!

Edited by cosmic_system

43 minutes ago, find_a_groove said:

More than LDLHA and WTF, I miss Lucky Star in the 80s medley.:dazed:

Barring that minor omission though this is a wonderful recording. Thank you M.

I'm happy that was axed. That medley is lovely but it was toooooo long and boring with all those songs. 

3 hours ago, HolidayGuy said:

^Indeed. And for the strings and sounds of the track to be on the home video release, and just her vocals missing- it's pretty bizarre (for those, and reasons previously noted).

OK- I just checked the full "Tears" excerpt that was posted online, and it doesn't look grainy like  mine does. Does anyone else's copy look very grainy vs. this?

My blu ray is grainy, the DVD is not...I think it has sth 2 do with our television sets not being up 2 date.

2 hours ago, acko said:

My blu ray is grainy, the DVD is not...I think it has sth 2 do with our television sets not being up 2 date.

It's grainy on my Bluray, too. Thank god it's not the case for the main show.

The 15 minutes is nicely edited but it's a shame it's just 2 songs and the jokes.

I don't find the jokes funny the parts of TOAC that for me were a highlight are her stories of her life, the autobiographical stuff.

1 minute ago, Confessit said:

The 15 minutes is nicely edited but it's a shame it's just 2 songs and the jokes.

I don't find the jokes funny the parts of TOAC that for me were a highlight are her stories of her life, the autobiographical stuff.

yes all of this. i was fascinated by the intimate stories. 

i bet she sat there laughing at herself so hard while editing TOAC! lol. 

2 minutes ago, tuckeye said:

yes all of this. i was fascinated by the intimate stories. 

i bet she sat there laughing at herself so hard while editing TOAC! lol. 

I just don't think comedy is her thing it's all really lame I don't know if that's suppose to be the point? 

But I agree the stories about her life were so charming to listen too.

she looks so damn gorgeous in Rebel Heart .That face!!!