MadonnaNation.com Forums
Mmmmm

Rebel Heart Tour DVD/Blu-ray

JWAD    0
48 minutes ago, hawes-king said:

Why is she allowing this to be done in the UK there was a time when she was guaranteed a top 10 hit with zero promotion always thought the UK would support her it was supposed to be her 2nd home. I never thought Kylie would be more popular in the UK will be interesting to see how Kylie's next album does in the UK Kiss me Once still performed a lot better, come Madonna get the UK back.

The problem is still thinks she has the star power to do an interview and release a music video and that will be enough promo for an album. Guy Oseary is the biggest problem. He's too close to her and does not have any interest in her career or her legacy. He just wants her to tour every couple of years, perform 80+ shows and watch the money roll in. As a manager, he's the worst thing to ever happen to her recording career, her touring has declined and we been bombarded with lacklustre, cheap and misconceived Greatest Hits collections, badly-packaged box sets and photocopied Vinyl rereleases. Even her tour albums and DVD releases have been lazy and cheap on the extras. Guy well and truly needs to go. It's time now for fresh blood. 

I still believe SHE's the biggest problem. She said herself Guy wanted her to promote MDNA but she didn't because she wanted to spend time with her kids. Yes, very maternal but her career died in the UK that very year. Same with the late shows, she said to Ellen that Guy complained to her about that, and same for the grillz etc. I mean, really, she's the one to blame. It's her name out there and she's not Britney. 

Why U2 are still releasing anniversary box sets and blurays etc while working with Guy? Because they care. She's the one that doesn't give a shit about her legacy. Oseary is to blame for lots of things, but not for everything. Let's get real. 

Edited by cosmic_system

tuckeye    0

yes. times have changed and promo needs to be done but also in a different unique ways. she needs a new team asap.

finally, we're getting the blu-ray - all these months upon months of bitching & speculation on here. 

Rugbyguy    0
4 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

I still believe SHE's the biggest problem. She said herself Guy wanted her to promote MDNA but she didn't because she wanted to spend time with her kids. Yes, very maternal but her career died in the UK that very year. Same with the late shows, she said to Ellen that Guy complained to her about that, and same for the grillz etc. I mean, really, she's the one to blame. It's her name out there and she's not Britney. 

Why U2 are still releasing anniversary box sets and blurays etc while working with Guy? Because they care. She's the one that doesn't give a shit about her legacy. Oseary is to blame for lots of things, but not for everything. Let's get real. 

You can't blame her for wanting to spend two weeks with her kids before she went into MDNA Tour rehearsals, I mean c'mon, let's put things into perspective here. We are talking a12 month period here of literally back to back projects. She shot a film, edited it, supervised the soundtrack, wrote new tracks for an album, recorded said album, attended premiere's for W.E and gave print and press interviews for several weeks all over the globe, rehearsed the Super Bowl for several months, continued to attend premiere's and promote W.E in the United States, attended the Golden Globes, performed at the Super Bowl, took a few WELL DESERVED weeks off before going into three months rehearsals for a tour that turned out to be the longest and most ambitious tour of her career and she did it all at 53 AND without cancelling an entire leg and breaking a hip like a certain other 26 year old pop star who shall not be named outside of her own embarrassment of a thread over in the Pop Princesses Forum. 

Im sorry for the rant but give the woman a break, she's 59 for Christ's sake. If she's not selling as many records as she used to, who cares? She's sold 300 million, no one is going to outsell her for a while if ever. It shouldn't spoil your personal enjoyment of her music and art. I'm sure Madonna cares very much about her career and I think it's really unfair that fans continue to complain about these things without putting things into context or perspective. Yes it would of been great if she did a press tour for MDNA after the Super Bowl but it didn't happen, I don't think it would of made much difference anyway to her sales but let's move on and remember that when Rebel Heart came out she had the time to promote and the girl did us proud and then gave us an amazing tour and people like me in Australia finally got to see her in concert for the first time.

Pedro    0
50 minutes ago, Rugbyguy said:

You can't blame her for wanting to spend two weeks with her kids before she went into MDNA Tour rehearsals, I mean c'mon, let's put things into perspective here. We are talking a12 month period here of literally back to back projects. She shot a film, edited it, supervised the soundtrack, wrote new tracks for an album, recorded said album, attended premiere's for W.E and gave print and press interviews for several weeks all over the globe, rehearsed the Super Bowl for several months, continued to attend premiere's and promote W.E in the United States, attended the Golden Globes, performed at the Super Bowl, took a few WELL DESERVED weeks off before going into three months rehearsals for a tour that turned out to be the longest and most ambitious tour of her career and she did it all at 53 AND without cancelling an entire leg and breaking a hip like a certain other 26 year old pop star who shall not be named outside of her own embarrassment of a thread over in the Pop Princesses Forum. 

Im sorry for the rant but give the woman a break, she's 59 for Christ's sake. If she's not selling as many records as she used to, who cares? She's sold 300 million, no one is going to outsell her for a while if ever. It shouldn't spoil your personal enjoyment of her music and art because it. I'm sure Madonna cares very much about her career and I think it's really unfair that fans continue to complain about these things without putting things into context or perspective. Yes it would of been great if she did a press tour for MDNA after the Super Bowl but it didn't happen, I don't think it would of made much difference anyway to her sales but let's move on and remember that when Rebel Heart came out she had the time to promote and the girl did us proud and then gave us an amazing tour and people like me in Australia finally got to see her in concert for the first time.

:thumbsup::inlove:

6 hours ago, Rugbyguy said:

Im sorry for the rant but give the woman a break, she's 59 for Christ's sake. If she's not selling as many records as she used to, who cares? She's sold 300 million, no one is going to outsell her for a while if ever. It shouldn't spoil your personal enjoyment of her music and art. I'm sure Madonna cares very much about her career and I think it's really unfair that fans continue to complain about these things without putting things into context or perspective. Yes it would of been great if she did a press tour for MDNA after the Super Bowl but it didn't happen, I don't think it would of made much difference anyway to her sales but let's move on and remember that when Rebel Heart came out she had the time to promote and the girl did us proud and then gave us an amazing tour and people like me in Australia finally got to see her in concert for the first time.

When did I say that? We were talking about her career in the UK and since people can't stop blame Oseary for EVERYTHING bad that happened to her like she's some sort of Britney robot in her hands of her manager, I just illustrated some FACTS. I live in Italy, where she's still strong (we had 3 Rebel Heart shows here and both LFL and Ghosttown did really good, or at least I've heard both tracks many times on the radio) so I really don't give a shit about the UK but in reality I don't give a shit about charts and sales in general, but I just think it's a little bit sad. I'm more concerned about her legacy, the lack of videos on youtube and the lack of important stuff in the digital world from singles to concerts etc and a fucking t-shirt and poster to celebrate some of the biggest pop albums in history. 

Edited by cosmic_system

cocolattee    0

her kids/family might be the reason (if that's the case) for less time spent in the studio or on the road touring or whatever,  but when it comes to the quality of her releases or what they do with her back catalogue that has zero influence
they are clearly waiting for her to retire before milking the hell out of her past releases, but even that doesn't justify the evident lack of quality in (some of) her current releases or re-issues

Take this "boxset2 for example: how lazy and pointless is this???? I'm a collector and I refused to buy it because it SUCKS. They could make it a much better and worthy release without her even lifting a finger....

download.jpg

22 minutes ago, cocolattee said:

her kids/family might be the reason (if that's the case) for less time spent in the studio or on the road touring or whatever,  but when it comes to the quality of her releases or what they do with her back catalogue that has zero influence
they are clearly waiting for her to retire before milking the hell out of her past releases, but even that doesn't justify the evident lack of quality in (some of) her current releases or re-issues

Take this "boxset2 for example: how lazy and pointless is this???? I'm a collector and I refused to buy it because it SUCKS. They could make it a much better and worthy release without her even lifting a finger....

download.jpg

I don't think Warner can release some juicy box sets without her permission. That's the reason why they're just releasing bad quality versions of the albums on vinyl and we got nothing really exclusive for RSD for example. The boxset you posted is a pretty standard release for big acts or legacy acts. They did something similar for Joni Mitchell, Cyndi Lauper etc. 

Edited by cosmic_system

acko    0

Just got a free CD-DVD package at work, it's still sealed, but the digipack looks beyond cheap.

The pictures at the top of the back cover are barely visible.

This is not good artwork sorry. They chose a good picture, but that's about it.

cocolattee    0
1 hour ago, cosmic_system said:

I don't think Warner can release some juicy box sets without her permission. That's the reason why they're just releasing bad quality versions of the albums on vinyl and we got nothing really exclusive for RSD for example. The boxset you posted is a pretty standard release for big acts or legacy acts. They did something similar for Joni Mitchell, Cyndi Lauper etc. 

Would they need her permission to come up with AT LEAST a decent box design? She might have a word as far as content goes, but my point is these releases suck big time even in terms of style and packaging
I mean, even if the albums are still the same with no extra tracks on them or whatever, I would still buy a NICE boxset (for example, the Celebration limited edition CD + DVD one which is really cool)

27 minutes ago, acko said:

Just got a free CD-DVD package at work, it's still sealed, but the digipack looks beyond cheap.

Of course, you can't ask that much love. 

26 minutes ago, cocolattee said:

Would they need her permission to come up with AT LEAST a decent box design? She might have a word as far as content goes, but my point is these releases suck big time even in terms of style and packaging
I mean, even if the albums are still the same with no extra tracks on them or whatever, I would still buy a NICE boxset (for example, the Celebration limited edition CD + DVD one which is really cool)

I agree the design is bad but well, it's not like the new stuff she put out herself is much better. I liked the Celebration album cover, but the DVD design was horrible to me. It looked Ike a cheap bootleg. 

1 hour ago, acko said:

Lame. Pictures looked better. Oh well.

Jester    0

People complaining about madonna not promoting her projects should remember that she is almost 60 and has 6 kids as of now.  I am happy she is still making things. Dont take if for granted. She could have easily stopped making music music after erotica. She even said at that she doesnt want to tour again. Madonna has gone way too far off the standard career path a a female musician can have.

Gus    0

This commercial is better than the other ones

Jairo    0
16 hours ago, Gus said:

Menu

She recorded that video with a Fisher Price Camera or something?

M_Sinner    0

HBO Adria:

logo_onair_hbo2.png 14-09-2017 14:15  
logo_onair_hbo.png 23-09-2017 15:05  
logo_onair_hbo2.png 06-10-2017 13:45  
logo_onair_hbo3.png 12-10-2017 17:05  
logo_onair_hbo2.png 17-10-2017 14:00  
logo_onair_hbo3.png 23-10-2017 14:15  
logo_onair_hbo3.png 24-10-2017 06:00

acko    0

Like A Prayer image quality is weird, like it was recorded in 1999.
I guess they used screen footage 2, it's all over the place outfit & hair wise...

acko    0

Oh I get it, the DVD is NTSC. Fuck that shit. I'll wait 4 my Blu Ray 2 arrive.

I need pictures of the Japanese bluray and the TAB video. I've actually cancelled my pre-order (and I just ordered the standard bluray + cd) because I want to see if I can justify €45 for a fucking extra song. 

Nikki    0
40 minutes ago, acko said:

Tears of Clown is actually quite brilliant.

this coming from you gives me hope that this dvd/bluray may not completely suck..

acko    0
2 minutes ago, Nikki said:

this coming from you gives me hope that this dvd/bluray may not completely suck..

Mind you it only has DTM, Borderline and a few bars of Holiday, don't shoot me if u don't like it... :p

I'm gonna turn it off now, cuz i'm supposed 2 watch this on the 22nd for the very 1st time at a friends house :p