MadonnaNation.com Forums
Mmmmm

Rebel Heart Tour DVD/Blu-ray

Well... I just hope that the sound is good this time around.

This MG video seems promising tho. :queenbitch:

1 minute ago, Kim said:

Well one would assume there was a full edit then they carefully cut it down to 2 hours to meet the remit. To go into the editing room thinking about a two hour TV broadcast instead of what the lasting document of the tour would be just seems incredibly shortsighted. Then they could herald the release as "full uncut for the first time blah blah" but then, they know that dafties will buy 15 copies each so maybe they just don't care. As usual, there's no one around to actually suggest these things to Madge, certainly not Mr. Oseary who's too busy with U2's far superior physical releases and far more disconcerting fan base :bad: Anyway, this is all oooooold news. Roll on the next era.....

I agree but as you said, since there's no one around her anymore, I'm not surprised. At least we won the cover war. I'm really scared for the next era. She really need a wake up call. 

Just now, Messiah said:

Well... I just hope that the sound is good this time around.

This MG video seems promising tho. :queenbitch:

It sounds way better than MDNA, for now. We'll see. 

The Material Girl clips have the exact same mix as the broadcast. I did a little comparison. Just less compressed and louder, so if you're happy with the broadcast sound then you'll be happy with the Blu and CDs I guess. I *think* the release only has DTS and stereo options, so no surround mixes to mess things up like happened with MDNA.

33 minutes ago, Kim said:

Well one would assume there was a full edit then they carefully cut it down to 2 hours to meet the remit. To go into the editing room thinking about a two hour TV broadcast instead of what the lasting document of the tour would be just seems incredibly shortsighted. Then they could herald the release as "full uncut for the first time blah blah" but then, they know that dafties will buy 15 copies each so maybe they just don't care. As usual, there's no one around to actually suggest these things to Madge, certainly not Mr. Oseary who's too busy with U2's far superior physical releases and far more disconcerting fan base :bad: Anyway, this is all oooooold news. Roll on the next era.....

I wonder if it's because they pay him a higher salary (and I'm not even joking!)

Also, sorry to say it but that MG perf isn't exactly going to send the DVDs flying off the shelves is it? 

It looks stunning in HD and the mix sounds good apart from the lack of her live lead vocal. The 80s voice of the original recording is way too obvious.

1 minute ago, Suedehead said:

I wonder if it's because they pay him a higher salary (and I'm not even joking!)

Who knows. U2 have always had good releases pre-Oseary anyway, so I think he just sticks with the status quo. Same with Madge, except the other way around - just continues on with the bare minimum  "be thankful for the crumbs offered you peasants" . Oseary's talent is self-promotion, the teenage 'maverick' has long since fled the building.  Unfortunately he's ensconced himself as friend/family of Madonna, making him harder to replace in these hazy, lazy, kinder, gentler Madonna times. Oh well.

I think that is the case actually. She's always had nothing but contempt for her back catalogue. It's just bizarre. We got a fucking mug and some Facebook wallpaper on her page or whatever when it was True Blue's 30th anniversary for fuck's sake!! :lmao:

It's almost like she wants this re-writing of her legacy that has been happening for the past few years to happen (and yes don't even deny it, before some of you come into this thread) ... 

13 minutes ago, Suedehead said:

It's almost like she wants this re-writing of her legacy that has been happening for the past few years to happen (and yes don't even deny it, before some of you come into this thread) ... 

:IMG_1564:

23 minutes ago, Suedehead said:

I think that is the case actually. She's always had nothing but contempt for her back catalogue. It's just bizarre. We got a fucking mug and some Facebook wallpaper on her page or whatever when it was True Blue's 30th anniversary for fuck's sake!! :lmao:

Maybe also it's an insecurity of hers about getting older I don't know but she is doing great job ruining her amazing artistry her back catalog just isn't looked after like it should be, iTunes is appalling u can't get any of her past singles and YouTube and he videos are a total mess in this day and age make your online stuff apppealing to this generation attract new and old fans.

2 minutes ago, hawes-king said:

Maybe also it's an insecurity of hers about getting older I don't know but she is doing great job ruining her amazing artistry her back catalog just isn't looked after like it should be, iTunes is appalling u can't get any of her past singles and YouTube and he videos are a total mess.

Well that's just pathological narcissism and it's self destructive if it is the case. Why cut off your nose to spite your face? Makes no sense. 

I prefer to think they're just saving it all up for later. The problem being; none of us are getting any younger. I'd rather it was me and not my nurse in the Old Kuntz nursing home pressing 'play' on the Blond Ambition 60th Anniversary Hologram Edition.

41 minutes ago, Suedehead said:

Also, sorry to say it but that MG perf isn't exactly going to send the DVDs flying off the shelves is it? 

and another performance will? 

MG is her most popular song on spotify so maybe they were going by that. 

1 minute ago, Kim said:

I prefer to think they're just saving it all up for later. The problem being; none of us are getting any younger. I'd rather it was me and not my nurse in the Old Kuntz nursing home pressing 'play' on the Blond Ambition 60th Anniversary Hologram Edition.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

3 minutes ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

and another performance will? 

MG is her most popular song on spotify so maybe they were going by that. 

Yes. 

I would have gone for Burning Up, La Isla or Like A Virgin.

I absolutly love this performance of Material Girl, plus this version of the song is so much better than the original imo. Although I would chose another performance to promote the DVD, probably HW, LAV or Unapologetic Bitch.

This is too gorgeous for me to handle.

IMG_2800.JPG

4 hours ago, DitaDolla said:

Why is she using boring performance to promote this amazing dvd? :IMG_1564:

shes trollin..

1 minute ago, dollhouse said:

shes trollin..

She can troll us with Candy Bop again.

4 hours ago, loowee said:

Out of all the classic songs she performed, this performance feels like the best choice for promotion. It would be stupid to use a song from Rebel Heart. LAV was amazing live but the editing was crap. The Material Girl performance is visually beautiful, albeit being a bit too slow at parts. What else would they have used? Holiday? Music? La Isla Bonita? y'all would've said the same thing about how "boring" they are.

people are sayin shes too old to dance coz she dancing so slow in this video..

commets say "granny"

Well the actual way it was shot & visuals looks fantastic!  

Just not personally crazy about this performance even though Madonna walking down aisle is cute.

6 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

commets say "granny"

That old chestnut...

smashhits1.jpgsmashhits2.jpg